Habs acquire Zack Kassian

dlbalr

Kassian has top-6 potential, no question about it. Excellent hands, good skater. Has size, tends to be reluctant to use it. Has frustrated three straight Canucks coaches.

He's a classic 'enigma' who has never put it all together. I think if the Habs allow him to play an offensive role and don't try to mandate that he be a Power Forward, he could really help us - but he was too much on the party in Vancouver. Bottom line is, if he mans up and matures, he will be a great add. If he doesn't, he's a younger Rene Bourque.

Too bad about Prust, but I like the trade because I'm not quite ready to give up on Kassian.

Prust and a 5th going the other way. Frees up some cap space...

I'm fine with the deal now. Prust was over paid for our bottom six. Kassian should be able to fill Prusts shoes minus leadership.

Correction - Habs get the 5th, not Vancouver.

Of course the Habs do. How could we think anything else? It's Marc ing Bergevin and Trevor ing Timmons

#5thsAreBetterThan1sts

Kassian on TSN right now: Excited to go to Montréal. Agrees he has been inconstant and wants to have a big year.

Don't get excited by anything Kassian says. Apart from one blow-up in Van earlier this year, he has always been very good as saying the right thing, then going out and doing zip.

Maybe I'm devaluing Prust, but I like this trade. We add a RW with top-6 potential - albeit with lots of question marks - plus a 5th for a declining blood-and-guts grinder. If Kassian continues to be erratic, well, are we really that much worse off? Nah. If he finally puts it all together, then we've made an impact acquisition.

Guest Stogey24

Love the trade. Love it. Talked here before about wanting Kassian in Montreal.

Bergevin is a wizard. Getting a fifth round pick out of this.

Wouldn't go that far, but Kassian could be a sleeper for sure

I wanted Kassian a few years ago when there were rumors he might be available. He's still young and has a ton of potential. I felt that when the season was over given Prusts cap hit that his time was probably up with the habs. I figured maybe we'd get just a late pick for him but to get a 24 year old former 1st rounder, a 5th round pick, and save some cap space is much more then I expected.

Loved Prust's heart - but he was burned out ... Perfect time to move him. Excellent cap and asset management.

Hahaha Trizz! Gotta say that this trade is ok in my books! Picked up a player with more size, speed, offensive potential, AND saved some money in cap space! Ok MB now what else is brewing...Belesky perhaps?

A trade I finally like. Not a big kassian fan, but happy to move Prust.

Prust and a 5th for Kassian