Habs name Max Pacioretty captain

dlbalr

Good choice. Cynically, a sound financial decision as well since Patches has a tiny contract for what he brings and has his contract due many years before the other main candidate, PK.

Just sayin'.

Good choice. Cynically, a sound financial decision as well since Patches has a tiny contract for what he brings and has his contract due many years before the other main candidate, PK.

Just sayin'.

In four years, our captain will be negotiating a new contract that will more than likely pay him more than what Subban makes, unless the Canadian dollar drops to like 40 cents and the cap has to be cut by $20M or something.

Max was the right choice. PK isn't well-liked by the referees, and is prone to emotional outbursts at times on the ice over calls and non-calls; while I love that passion in a player, captains should generally be more level-headed and command some respect amongst the officials. Let PK continue to be our most energetic player and our emotional leader out there....the C would have likely been a hinderance to his unique personality on the ice.

Vote by the players. Last time that happened, huge dressing room split that never really ended. Patch vs PK for the followers in the room? ;) (I don't see it.)

It ended when Chelios was dealt and Guy Carbonneau was bounced for Jim Montgomery.

Muller was a good choice whose career hit twilight quick, Keane was... the wrong choice, dunno what they were thinking. Turgeon wasn't bad but never given a real shot. Damphousse was a good captain in a dark time. Koivu dealt with a lot but also let the locker be divided worse than it ever was during the Carbo/Chelli days. It was nothing but cliques. Gionta was an acceptable if underwhelming captain.

It ended when Chelios was dealt and Guy Carbonneau was bounced for Jim Montgomery.

Muller was a good choice whose career hit twilight quick, Keane was... the wrong choice, dunno what they were thinking. Turgeon wasn't bad but never given a real shot. Damphousse was a good captain in a dark time. Koivu dealt with a lot but also let the locker be divided worse than it ever was during the Carbo/Chelli days. It was nothing but cliques. Gionta was an acceptable if underwhelming captain.

Let's give credit where credit is due - Carbo had the C in 1993.

Vote by the players. Last time that happened, huge dressing room split that never really ended. Patch vs PK for the followers in the room? ;) (I don't see it.)

Bergevin mentioned that Pacioretty received the majority of the votes so if there was to be a divide, it wouldn't be too big. And I'm with you, I don't see it happening either.

The highlight of the presser for me is that Bergevin and Therrien went to the wrong house when they went to tell Pacioretty the news in person last night. That'll make the moment even more memorable for all of them.

Bergevin mentioned that Pacioretty received the majority of the votes so if there was to be a divide, it wouldn't be too big. And I'm with you, I don't see it happening either.

The highlight of the presser for me is that Bergevin and Therrien went to the wrong house when they went to tell Pacioretty the news in person last night. That'll make the moment even more memorable for all of them.

I can guarantee you the CH24 crew was on site filming that. Should make for entertaining tv..

Just sayin'.

I thought of the same thing Colin. Kinda puts indirect pressure on Max to re-up with us after his contract is up.

Yeah that about sums it up. I thought Carbo was a good captain not great but good. Beliveau was the captain for all time.

I can guarantee you the CH24 crew was on site filming that. Should make for entertaining tv..

I thought of the same thing Colin. Kinda puts indirect pressure on Max to re-up with us after his contract is up.

Parise left the Devils, so anything could happen. But I do agree, there is more pressure

But patches probably my first choice! Liked the PK option too, but I can't wait to see patches wearing the C. I'm calling it right now, patches has a career year and hits 70 points.

38 goals 32 assists

Parise left the Devils, so anything could happen. But I do agree, there is more pressure

But patches probably my first choice! Liked the PK option too, but I can't wait to see patches wearing the C. I'm calling it right now, patches has a career year and hits 70 points.

38 goals 32 assists

Come on I want him to get over that 40 hump. he needs it for his confidence.

Ha ha haaaa, imagine answering the door and finding Zoot Suit and The Genius staring back at you! 'Wrong house, tabernac!' :nuts:

Why also give 1/2 the team 'A's? Four of them is overkill isn't it?

If you name only two, you take one of the A's off someone that wore it last year. It's hard to say "We believe we have several leaders" and then strip one of Subban, Plekanec, or Markov of their alternate captainship. They could have kept those three though but I think they want Gallagher to step into that role a bit, having a dual rotation allows him to do that while not yanking a letter away from someone who already had one.