Exhibition: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens 7:30PM EST on TSN4

Pre-season hockey time!

ATTENTION: Regardless of score at the end of the game, the teams will play a three on three overtime period to test out the new system. Eight other games tonight will be doing the same. So if you hear the game continuing after we whipped the Leafs by five goals or more, it's because we're in R&D mode.

Injuries: Desharnais and Semin are expected not to play.

Canadiens Roster:

According to John Lu, our lines:

Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher

De la Rose - Mitchell - Kassian
Carr - McCarron - DSP
Bozon - Dumont - Thomas

Emelin - Petry
Tinordi - Pateryn
Barberio - Deitz

Price
Fucale

Maple Leafs Roster:

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/646331908977135616

NHL hockey is happening ah! It's been far too long

No, it isn't! This is the pre-season - some freakish combination of AHL and Junior hockey mixed with NHL players playing shinny ;)

Is this Quebec/ontario only, or national.

For those who can get TSN 4 tonight, enjoy Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro doing the call. There won't be very many chances for them to call Montreal games this year so take advantage while you can.

Don't kill my vibe

Don't worry, the on-ice product will do that soon enough

As for Ferraro ripping Kassian, he HATES guys that are head-cases and don't make full use of the talent they possess. You should have heard him laying into Bourque when the Habs dumped him last year. Ferraro is a small guy who had to fight and scrap and claw for every single thing he had as an NHLer - he told the Hockey News that his one regret about his NHL career was that he didn't enjoy it more, he was too worried all the time about losing his spot - and it makes sense that he would react that way to players who waste their gifts. I've got a lot of respect for that attitude and for Ferraro both as a commentator and as a player.

Guest Stogey24

Big Mac showing good hockey sense. Excellent wrist shot too. Once again he looks comfortable playing with the pros.

I hope McCarron doesn't end up having to fight all the time in the A. The kid has good hands around the net

I liked what I saw from Dietz in that period. Unfortunately, we didn't see a whole lot of him. He was a big surprise last year in camp but struggled when he was eventually cut; I'm intrigued to see how he fares in the preseason.

I liked the Barberio-Dietz pairing best that period. Better than Tinordi-Pateryn especially.

I liked the Barberio-Dietz pairing best that period. Better than Tinordi-Pateryn especially.

Barberio looked decent although his no look flip pass out of the zone on the PP was a brutal move. Both of them are strong skaters while Pateryn/Tinordi aren't. Facing a Toronto team with a lot of fast skilled guys, it's not surprising they're showing a bit better so far.