Zack Kassian involved in car accident; enters rehab

lazy26

Maybe his stint with Habs will be shorter than anyone could of guessed? :bonk:

(I think he was run into and not an "O'Reilly" as I assumed.)

Someone on twitter posted a picture of his vehicle. Looks like a head-on collision.

They're also saying that the police confirmed that Kassian was NOT driving.

Guest Stogey24

I guess he was bloodied up and could barley walk. Almost fell over apparently.

Fack man, you just put on a Habs uni and your already out partying until 6am. Come on now

I guess he was bloodied up and could barley walk. Almost fell over apparently.

Fack man, you just put on a Habs uni and your already out partying until 6am. Come on now

Come on now we don't know what was happening, at least I don't. Apparently a girl was driving and ran into a tree. Damn trees will just jump right out in front of you. Let's hope he doesn't have a concussion.

He was with an 18 year old broad and an 20 year old at 6am. I doubt they were going to church

I still think we have to wait to hear what really happened, there may be a perfectly innocent explanation. The girl could be his sister, who knows?

If Kassian has a stay in the hospital, will he be ready when rosters declared? May give us a couple extra days to sort out the end of roster.

They'll have to decide whether or not to put him on IR by Tuesday If they do, that'll take him out for the first week of the season.

I find him guilty of living the ######ing dream.

That I can go with, but after the whole ordeal of the Patrick Kane thing shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt for now?

Guest Stogey24

That I can go with, but after the whole ordeal of the Patrick Kane thing shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt for now?

No one is saying he's raped anyone.

Watching the presser, Bergevin seems really pissed when discussing Kassian...sounds like Zack is going to be on a very short leash .

Hopefully, the bump on the head :hammer:gives him the much needed, and long awaited, "wake-up call" referred to by Bergy. God, I hope Kassian doesn't become Rene Borque 2.0 :pray:

I know that many here will disagree, but I am really pleased with the decision to keep Tinordi. As MB mentioned, defensemen, particularly big defensemen, take longer to develop. It would be nice if practicing with the big boys everyday translates to better play in games for JT.

Can't wait for the season to start :hyper: :gohabsgo:

One thing the Habs may opt to pursue is suspending Kassian without pay for basically what amounts to getting injured in an off-ice, non hockey related incident. This happened with Josh Harding last year. I may be wrong on this (I haven't read over the exact rule) but I believe if they were to do so, Kassian would not count against the salary cap until he is medically cleared to return.

One thing the Habs may opt to pursue is suspending Kassian without pay for basically what amounts to getting injured in an off-ice, non hockey related incident. This happened with Josh Harding last year. I may be wrong on this (I haven't read over the exact rule) but I believe if they were to do so, Kassian would not count against the salary cap until he is medically cleared to return.

Well we still haven't heard what actually happened, at least I haven't and that is probably what will make MB's decision for him. If this is a drunken party thing, then yup suspend his stupid ass.