2015/16 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Does anyone else think there is a problem in the AHL?

How many players have made our line up since Lefebvre took over?

Beaulieu and some goalies as backups?

Meanwhile, TONS of players are amounting to nothing and I don't just mean the Nygren's or Crisp's but the Tinordi's, Leblanc's, and JDL's. I mean I know not every prospect turns out but to only have one player really break the habs roster from the AHL in 3 years?

Does anyone else think there is a problem in the AHL?

How many players have made our line up since Lefebvre took over?

Beaulieu and some goalies as backups?

Meanwhile, TONS of players are amounting to nothing and I don't just mean the Nygren's or Crisp's but the Tinordi's, Leblanc's, and JDL's. I mean I know not every prospect turns out but to only have one player really break the habs roster from the AHL in 3 years?

No, you're not the only one who isn't a fan of Lefebvre. Far from it, really. Unfortunately, Marc Bergevin is a fan (despite the overwhelming evidence that he hasn't done well) and his is the only opinion that matters.

Another roster move today, Josiah Didier to Brampton. The team now has just six defencemen on the roster. (That said, they're off until next Friday so maybe he or Thrower will be back by then.)

after watching Lebevre coach in Hamilton , the previous three or four seasons, I can only figure he knows where the bodies are buried.

As a positive, Brampton beat Kalamazoo today 6-3 even with Trevor Cann having a fairly weak game. (6 goals=a free Whopper Jr for all). Scott Howes was incredible and it boggles the mind why he is not an AHL player. Remembrance day ceremonies were held today and a very nice Commerative jersey was auctioned off after the game-Johnny Bower and Grapes both participated in the puck drop along with some vets/ Team store finally has the new jerseys with the CH crests on the shoulders available

• Upvote 1

I think Howes qualifies for veteran status in the AHL which would kill a lot of his opportunities right there. If you only have so many veteran slots, you're not likely to use one on someone like him. St. John's does have openings though if the injuries keep hitting.

How did Bozon look?

Also, Didier and Thrower were recalled after the game so the IceCaps are back to 8 D on the roster.

thought Bozon looked ok in the limited time he saw. Saw that about Didier and Thrower. Hope that means some of the walking wounded are ready to return.

thought Bozon looked ok in the limited time he saw. Saw that about Didier and Thrower. Hope that means some of the walking wounded are ready to return.

I wouldn't count on it. The only d-man hurt for St. John's is Johnston and he's months away from returning. I think they just wanted Didier/Thrower to get some game action since neither has played much.

Some notes from one of the articles I linked on the main site today:

IceCaps head coach Sylvain Lefebvre says the recall of defencemen Josiah Didier and Dalton Thrower after short stays the ECHL’s Brampton Beast wasn’t because of injuries on the St. John’s blueline. Lefebvre said the two were simply given short stints with the Beast in order to give some playing time … The injury news is not so good on the forward lines. Lefebvre expects rookies Nikita Scherbak and Markus Eisenschmid, both hurt on hits in Friday’s 3-2 OT win over the Marlies could be out for “quite a while.” The IceCaps already have forwards Connor Crisp and Jacob de la Rose in the infirmary ...

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/IceCaps/2015-11-17/article-4345274/Lesson-learned/1

Brampton just put goalie Sarjeant on wavers. Must mean Pitton is coming back from injury or making room for Pasquale?

Brampton just put goalie Sarjeant on wavers. Must mean Pitton is coming back from injury or making room for Pasquale?

Nothing to do with the Habs. Price is still out for another week or so; Pasquale's staying where he is until then. I'm thinking Pitton's returning.

Bozon has been recalled to St. John's which was kind of a no-brainer considering they were down to just 11 healthy forwards on the roster.

Pasquale has also been recalled which is also kind of a no-brainer with Tokarski likely heading to Montreal shortly after 5 PM today.

Luc-Olivier Blain has signed a tryout with St. John's. He's on an ECHL deal with Brampton. He'll take the spot of Christian Thomas who apparently will be recalled later today according to Renaud Lavoie.

Jarred Tinordi has been sent down on a conditioning stint as well.

So we finally find out for sure that Tinordi in fact did not refuse the conditioning stint...

Not necessarily - he could have refused weeks ago and had a change of heart now. We still don't know for a fact one way or the other.

Thanks Brian, it would be nice to know just so we don't have to speculate, but at this point, it doesn't look like he will ever be a Hab for long.

Thanks Brian, it would be nice to know just so we don't have to speculate, but at this point, it doesn't look like he will ever be a Hab for long.

Yeah, that seems pretty much a guarantee at this point. Unless he gets hurt while on his conditioning stint...

I am pretty sure he was asked a little while ago whether he had been asked to go for conditioning stint and again am pretty sure he denied being asked to go? But, I could be misremembering the exact q & a.

I am pretty sure he was asked a little while ago whether he had been asked to go for conditioning stint and again am pretty sure he denied being asked to go? But, I could be misremembering the exact q & a.

Of course he'd say that publicly regardless of what his actual answer would have been. (And I do remember that about 10 days or so ago.) He's smart enough to know the firestorm that would have come about had he come out and said that he refused to go despite the team asking him to.