Season Opener: Oct. 7, Habs vs Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

:)I hope Patches can pick up the pace.

Got held to only two...

If I had to pick a term for our performance, animated would not be the word. Laffs outplayed us badly.

Well I did say this was going to happen after the second. The theme song at this point should be : this is beginning to look a lot like last year. Sung to" it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". PP shit. Start shit. Pick it up in the 3rd win game cause Carey kept us in it. Great coaching. OK it is only the first game of the year. Let's give it another game.

- Pacioretty was in fine form

- Price was in Price form

- Subban was okay after the Komarov cheap shot

- Petry is a very good defenceman and looks worth the cost

- Galchenyuk's shot is looking deadlier, nobody knew he even scored at first

- Fleischmann is a hard worker

- Markov looked fresh

- Beaulieu played hard

- Scored a goal in the first

Dislikes:

- Emelin was slow, out of position constantly and when Kadri hit him I was hoping that took him out of the game because I'm a terrible human being

- Flynn was awful on the fourth line LW. Bring in Byron

- Desharnais was frustrating with how he couldn't finish

- Eller with what will probably be his one offside a game. Expected more from him after such a good exhibition. Really easy to get the puck off of him tonight.

- Thought the penalty kill was bad

- Not enough puck possession

- Better teams would have buried three of those chances on Price but Toronto is awful

Overall: Happy to win the first game.Room for improvement.

Second best team on a night against the AHL Marlies. Luckily we have a guy or two who can finish and another guy who is lights out between the pipes. Have to be amused, on the other hand, at the complete lack of enthusiasm when the Leafs were announced at the beginning of the game.

We were horrid passing, second to the puck all night, and we turned over the puck more than a vagabond bum searching the back alley trash for morsels of food.

Maybe the team will be READY on Saturday night. Hallmark of Therrien teams - mentally unprepared half the time.

Well, two points is two points. There's plenty of potential. Much harder teams next, though.

or ten. Not a lot to boast about yet, but there's still nothing to get overly worried about either. Even though they didn't carry the play, but they didn't let the game get away from them.

Did Carey really keep us in it? He made arguably 2 big saves and one was late. T.O did miss the net on some golden chances though.

we were out shot and definitely lost the possession battle. With that said I'm not sure we were out chanced throughout the game. We did hit 3 posts and had a goal called back, not mention some big saves by bernier kept it close.

Gilbert was and is a turnover machine

Gallagher looked sluggish I thought

I didn't think Flynn was that bad. Made a nice play on the final face-off.

Don't know about having Semin in there in the final two minutes. Hopefully he won't be bringing Chucky down.

Eller turned it around after that awful penalty and looked pretty good out there.

Guest Stogey24

I thought Eller played decent actually

- Pacioretty was in fine form

- Price was in Price form

- Subban was okay after the Komarov cheap shot

- Petry is a very good defenceman and looks worth the cost

- Galchenyuk's shot is looking deadlier, nobody knew he even scored at first

- Fleischmann is a hard worker

- Markov looked fresh

- Beaulieu played hard

- Scored a goal in the first

Dislikes:

- Emelin was slow, out of position constantly and when Kadri hit him I was hoping that took him out of the game because I'm a terrible human being

- Flynn was awful on the fourth line LW. Bring in Byron

- Desharnais was frustrating with how he couldn't finish

- Eller with what will probably be his one offside a game. Expected more from him after such a good exhibition. Really easy to get the puck off of him tonight.

- Thought the penalty kill was bad

- Not enough puck possession

- Better teams would have buried three of those chances on Price but Toronto is awful

Overall: Happy to win the first game.Room for improvement.

Good post

Subban with 3 assists. Two were awesome. The teams stars played like stars tonight. Having said that, if they were playing a team that could finish, they might have been buried in the first 30 minutes.

Subban with 3 assists. Two were awesome. The teams stars played like stars tonight. Having said that, if they were playing a team that could finish, they might have been buried in the first 30 minutes.

thats odd cause i thought we actually had the better of the chances to score in the opening 30 minutes. they did dominate possession of the puck and pinned us deep on the forecheck cause the D wasn't making plays quick enough...

price did not however have to stand on his head!

i didn't think eller was that bad either.

i thought all the D played bad though except for maybe petry and PK with some sublime playmaking

they all looked slow in the back and beaulieau looked a little to amped up. gilbert was atrocious!

I didn't think Flynn was that bad. Made a nice play on the final face-off.

This was one of the more intriguing moments of the game. For the in-zone faceoff with less than 40 seconds left, Flynn, the winger, was put out for the draw alongside Plekanec and Pacioretty. Mitchell, the 4th line faceoff guy, wasn't. That was an interesting call and it worked well.

Did Carey really keep us in it? He made arguably 2 big saves and one was late. T.O did miss the net on some golden chances though.

we were out shot and definitely lost the possession battle. With that said I'm not sure we were out chanced throughout the game. We did hit 3 posts and had a goal called back, not mention some big saves by bernier kept it close.

Gilbert was and is a turnover machine

Gallagher looked sluggish I thought

I agree with what you say but if Tokarski was in net. We lose. Not fair I know, don't kicka guy when he is down.