Greg Pateryn called up

Anticipating a Beaulieu suspension?

Looking at it again on youtube, the principle point of contact was the left shoulder. The stick slid up as Rinaldo kept coming forward. Shouldn't be a suspension anyway because he just put up his stick to protect himself from a guy who is known as a loose cannon. We'll see.

Pateryn was recalled as he's finished with his conditioning stint. It's nothing to do with Beaulieu, who won't be suspended.

A match penalty calls for an automatic 1 game suspension unless it is reversed by the NHL. So at this moment he is suspended unless otherwise ruled.

A match penalty calls for an automatic 1 game suspension unless it is reversed by the NHL. So at this moment he is suspended unless otherwise ruled.

Its been ruled that the automatic one-game suspension has been rescinded.

:thumbs_up: Was nice to see a Hab not just take it.

Love this kid.

One of my favourite things about Beaulieu is that he seems to have a bit of snarkiness to him. I don't agree with ramming guys in the head with your stick, and would not have been offended by a brief suspension even if it was Renaldo that was coming at him - but I also like the attitude it conveys and the message it sends. "F**k with me, you pay."

I'm well aware of the rule. I was the one telling people it existed with Mitchell's match penalty (on Rinaldo, no less) the last time they played Boston. But it had already been announced at that time that I posted that message that it had been rescinded.

I read somewhere, I think from dlbalr here, that Tinordi has not been asked and it's suspected he wouldn't do it.

Renaud Lavoie noted earlier this week that Tinordi hadn't been asked. (Which, to me, is lunacy. He should have been asked weeks ago.) It's my speculation that he wouldn't accept. (And I can't see the team or him admitting that he refused if and when that should happen.)

I expect the boys will have a couple of intense practices since they don't play to Wednesday; in which you would want to include both Tinordi and Beaulieu. The Dogs don't play till Friday so even if you wanted Tinordi down there for a couple games, Wednesday or later makes more sense.

So Tinordi can say "Naw, I will sit in pressbox, give me a call when I get to suit up for Habs."

Does that even happen with a prospect, can see it for maybe washed up vets?

So Tinordi can say "Naw, I will sit in pressbox, give me a call when I get to suit up for Habs."

Yes, Tinordi is perfectly within his right to do that.

As for whether or not that ever happens, it's hard to say for certain as no team/player would ever admit to it happening.

If you would welcome a trade, it might not be such a bad idea. Drafted over 5 years ago, maybe Tiny, his agent and his dad figure hey, you guys are pretty deep on D. Can't use me, ok. No hard feelings. Mind of if try else where in NHL? Put me on waivers, trade me. Whatever, but I'm not going back to your farm team for the tenth time.

Maybe JT is sure of two things. The first being that he could make most NHL teams. The second being he cant crack the habs line up. Careers are short. Move on?

Just a possibility.

That is a odd way to look at a conditioning stint, so you would turn him into a bubbleboy, keep him away from all sharp objects not called skates; just in case Habs may lose that 3rd round pick he might bring?

Guest Stogey24

That is a odd way to look at a conditioning stint, so you would turn him into a bubbleboy, keep him away from all sharp objects not called skates; just in case Habs may lose that 3rd round pick he might bring?

He plays a rough game... Just a thought

Well if they are thinking of trading him, then he very definitely could get hurt in the AHL. It just makes good asset management not to lose him to injury. However I think it more likely he does not want to go, so trying to put as much pressure on the team as possible to trade him. MB will find a way.

He plays a rough game... Just a thought

Could be. Tough trade to make. What can you ask for a guy that you yourself cannot find a spot for ..... for years.

Funny, JT played all five Canadiens play off games in 013. Three seasons later he cant get a shift. Makes you wonder what he was doing in the line up back then, for a play off series.

Well if they are thinking of trading him, then he very definitely could get hurt in the AHL. It just makes good asset management not to lose him to injury. However I think it more likely he does not want to go, so trying to put as much pressure on the team as possible to trade him. MB will find a way.

On the other hand, if they're thinking of trading him, wouldn't it behoove the Habs to either play him (to up his value/get him in playing shape) or trade him? Montreal is fortunate with their strong start that they don't have to give him away but they know Tinordi sitting this long puts his value in the wrong direction.

Funny, JT played all five Canadiens play off games in 013. Three seasons later he cant get a shift. Makes you wonder what he was doing in the line up back then, for a play off series.

Injuries and the need for toughness. Looking back at the old GDT's from that series, Emelin was hurt and the pairings were:

Markov-Subban

Gorges-Diaz

Bouillon-Tinordi

This was a very physical series against Ottawa and none of the scratches (Kaberle, Weber, Drewiske, Beaulieu, or Pateryn (who was far from NHL ready at this time)) could really bring that toughness element to the table. Since my memory from 2+ seasons ago isn't too sharp, my guess is that Emelin's injury (and he was the RD with Gorges that season) was a main reason why Tinordi was in. Now that the team is healthy, he's on the outside looking in.