Fantasy Hockey Discussion

lazy26

muhahaha Im bored so Ill share my dynasty teams fortunes! 16 team league 32 man rosters.

I've concluded my off-season trading... 4 seperate deals...

IN OUT

Giroux Pietrangelo

Voracek Barrie

Tatar Nichushkin

E.Staal Brouwer

Wingels Hudler

12th Roussel

19th 3rd

Milano

Morrissey

muhahaha Im bored so Ill share my dynasty teams fortunes! 16 team league 32 man rosters.

I've concluded my off-season trading... 4 seperate deals...

IN OUT

Giroux Pietrangelo

Voracek Barrie

Tatar Nichushkin

E.Staal Brouwer

Wingels Hudler

12th Roussel

19th 3rd

Milano

Morrissey

Damn. I can only assume that your defense wast DOPE if Pietrangelo and Barrie are gone with absolutely no dman coming back.

Damn. I can only assume that your defense wast DOPE if Pietrangelo and Barrie are gone with absolutely no dman coming back.

Well.. There are a lot of FA dmen. Markov Goligoski Kronwall etc about 10 older top4 and a ton of sleepers imo. Also I find both Barrie & Pie inconsistent options. Better on the ice than overall fantasy. I have a good core of dmen remaining. In that multicategory style dmen I like. D.Savard, Petry, Ekholm, with R.Pulock as my young ace. Old man Orpik for massive hits & blocks. Cody Franson as well. Hoping for a rebound in Buffalo. I have prime picks to focus on D. This draft. Really hoping Sergachev is still there at 12! lol

My forwards are stacked though. I feel like I've cheated somehow lmao..

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, nihilz said:

Who do you pick up? Dubois, Rantenen, Buchnevich, Mantha, N.Ritchie or Fiala

I'd lean towards Rantanen.  He's going to be in an environment in Colorado with a bunch of highly skilled offensive players and can be that big power winger to complement guys like MacKinnon and Duchene.

My gawd...

I had my annual draft last Sunday. 

Usually, I tend to try to avoid big contracts and pick a bunch of 4M$ to 6M$ players in order to save money and grab a max of good and proven players with my final picks.

It's been working well since I'm running on a streak of 4 top 3 in a row.

But Sunday, for some reason that I can't explain,  instead of grabbing let's say, Jake Gardiner at 4,5M$,  I went crazy and picked  Big Buff and his 8M$ contract. 

Had to finish my draft  with  Kyle Connor, Jimmy Vesey and Calle Jarnkrok in order to remain below the salary cap.   Talking about risky depth ?

I hope for your sake bonuses earned during the year don't count against your league cap or you might be in some trouble.  I'm not a big Jarnkrok fan, I know he signed for cheap but he also had a career year.  I don't think he's a top six forward for them and if you're tight money wise, I'd look at Chicago's youngsters if they're still available - at least one of them is going to start in the top six.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I hope for your sake bonuses earned during the year don't count against your league cap or you might be in some trouble.  I'm not a big Jarnkrok fan, I know he signed for cheap but he also had a career year.  I don't think he's a top six forward for them and if you're tight money wise, I'd look at Chicago's youngsters if they're still available - at least one of them is going to start in the top six.

I'm far from being a fan of Jarnkrok as well, but since the draft was so much before October 12th, I was trying not to pick too many players who could be sent down.

You're probably talking about Schmaltz and Motte ?

When I'll know for sure that they make it to full time NHL duty, I could make a move for one of them.

1 minute ago, JoeLassister said:

You're probably talking about Schmaltz and Motte ?

When I'll know for sure that they make it to full time NHL duty, I could make a move for one of them.

That's who I was referring to.  Whichever one winds up with Toews on that second line should be a serviceable player right away.

• 2 weeks later...