GDT - Devils @ Habs 7:00 pm

Commandant

The long 8 game road trip from hell is over, and not a moment too soon, as the Habs were only able to come up with 4 of a possible 16 points on the road. They hope that the Bell Centre will provide the tonic for ending these losing ways and getting the team out of the slump. But it will take more than just a change in venue to reverse their fortunes. Last night's effort against the Flyers was putrid, even if the game was close, the score flattered the Habs in the city of brotherly love. Michel Therrien will need to get more out of his core players, or the Bell Centre will be full of boo birds and the confines will not be friendly to the home team.

Based on those on the ice for the optional skates, it sounds like Thomas Fleischmann will bear the brunt of yesterdays loss, and be today's healthy scratch.

Tlusty-Zajac-Palmieri
Kennedy-Henrique-Stempniak
Matteau-Kalinin-Sislo
Farnham-Gionta-Tootoo

Greene-Moore
Schlemko-Larsson
Merrill-Severson

Schneider
Kinkaid

@

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Carr - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Eller - Desharnais - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Beaulieu- Subban
Markov- Petry
Emelin- Barberio

Condon
Scrivens

Guest Stogey24

Smith-Pelly says he's pissed about being a scratch, gets back into a game and has 1 hit and is a -1. Way to make an impact

Screw Pelly, let the kids play. He has had 30gms and played a handful of good ones, the rest were like last night, he was invisible and very soft for a bigger bodied fellow...kinda like a Rene Bourque cept with worse hands, slower and dosent hit as much.

Go Andrighetto Go!

Something we don't see often - tickets are still available for this game.

Let's see, team playing like crap, playing NJ, no Marty f'ing Brodeur. Makes perfect sense to me. Nobody should want to see this team play right now. They are pathetic.

Any chance they will go with different d-men on the PP and not use #76 at all? I think Petry-Beaulieu-Markov and Barberio all have a better (more accurate-teammates friendly) point shot.

GHG

Some different looking lines behind the Plekanec trio:

(I think the Desharnais line may be used as #2 and Galchenyuk #3 but that's the way they're being listed.)

Well a pee wee player probably could have got a better shot off on Risk when he was in alone at the winter claasic.

I said at the start of the year we were getting a lot of goals that shouldn't have been allowed by an NHL goalie. Most of them were by Weisse, but Fleishman and Flynn had a few as well. Now that we aren't getting any gimmees from my other team, the secondary scoring has pretty much dried up.

Tsn crew were all saying it's looking alot like Fleischman isn't even an NHL player at this point

Tsn crew were all saying it's looking alot like Fleischman isn't even an NHL player at this point

If he doesn't pick up another point the rest of the way, it's still a decent contract in terms of what they're paying him (all thanks to that quick start). Even with a reduced second half points per game production, he's still likely to wind up around 25-30 points if he's in the lineup.

I want to see a pissed off MT tonight, willing to send a message to any passengers; staple guys who don't come to play to the bench, regardless of their salary.

Some different looking lines behind the Plekanec trio:

(I think the Desharnais line may be used as #2 and Galchenyuk #3 but that's the way they're being listed.)

Based on recent play, I'm inclined to believe Eller/DD belong on the 3rd line.

The problem is that MB has not brought in one decent quality forward in his entire time, with the exception of Vanek as a two month rental.

He has brought in a steady stream of 4th liners and washed up has beens.

If he doesn't pick up another point the rest of the way, it's still a decent contract in terms of what they're paying him (all thanks to that quick start). Even with a reduced second half points per game production, he's still likely to wind up around 25-30 points if he's in the lineup.

The problem is that MB has not brought in one decent quality forward in his entire time, with the exception of Vanek as a two month rental.

He has brought in a steady stream of 4th liners and washed up has beens.

Okay - that still doesn't change my point about that contract. He's still a good value acquisition regardless of anything else.

I'd like to see a penalty when the coach's challenge fails...it's ridiculous to delay the game to review something like that!

Sometimes the coach's challenge is more legitimate than this one was. It's hard to assess a penalty for delay of game on, say, an offside review that takes five minutes for the refs to figure out. And you can't really assess it for some that don't get overturned and not others.

If the Habs lose next game thread is in wing dings.

Are you volunteering to make it? :)

When you do 3 value contracts that est away around $3.5m on games (Semin, Kassian, fleishman), in top of picking up more 4th liners on the waiver wire (byron), after already trading and resigning additional 4th liners (Mitchell, dsp,flynn), your value pickups are limiting your ability so get some real help.

You do one or two of those pickups, not 4.

Okay - that still doesn't change my point about that contract. He's still a good value acquisition regardless of anything else.

Sometimes the coach's challenge is more legitimate than this one was. It's hard to assess a penalty for delay of game on, say, an offside review that takes five minutes for the refs to figure out. And you can't really assess it for some that don't get overturned and not others.

Are you volunteering to make it? :)