Tinordi traded to Arizona

dlbalr

Wow. The tires are officially coming off. The only return you could get for Tinordi was John Scott!!!!!!! What the hell. We are looking at a high lottery pick I'd say.

The only thing I can say is that Markdown Marc has outdone himself. He has moved from Value Village right to dumpster diving. We give up a 1st round pick for the square root of fork all.

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping this is a precursor to a bigger trade, in which we needed an NHL roster spot... or is Gilbert due back soon?

Gilbert should be back soon.

Apparently the Habs are also moving a minor leaguer (balancing the # of contracts, presumably) to the Coyotes. Stefan Fournier may fit that bill (speculation on my end, nothing more).

Apparently the Habs are also moving a minor leaguer (balancing the # of contracts, presumably) to the Coyotes. Stefan Fournier may fit that bill (speculation on my end, nothing more).

I really need to stop asking myself if it could get any worse (not that I imagine we'll give up a decent player; it's the principle of the matter that bothers me)

Rational and reasonable assessment, Brian.

Which is why you are probably wrong.

And it just gets worse. there has got to be a real trade here some where.

According to Dreger, this took a few weeks to put together. Much ado about very little, so it seems.

The low-dosage hallucinogenics they've been feeding Bergevin took longer than expected to take effect.

And it just gets worse. there has got to be a real trade here some where.

My thoughts exactly! I mean, why the hell would you trade a 1st round pick with potential for a bag of pucks and a couple of Sher-woods??

Something just doesn't add up!?

So the Habs didn't get any better... the IceCaps kind of got better, but then not really because John Scott is on the team...

Cap space got a little better? That is the point of this trade? Slightly more cap space and a slightly-improved-but-not-really AHL team?

Is Tinordi the weakest asset management from Bergevin yet?

Deal's now done, here's the writeup: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/01/jarred-tinordi-traded-to-arizona/

Both Bartley and Scott are St. John's bound. (I believe that takes Scott out of the All-Star Game as well.)

NHL conspiracy to remove him from the game?

This move tells me a few things

1) Barberio has made the team. Tinordi had to go to clear the roster spot for him.

2) Bartley is Barberio's replacement.

3) Scott was the contract dump (money) to allow arizona to add Tinordi. It may also be a little wink, wink from the NHL to make removing him from the all-star game easier

4) The habs save $650,000 in cap space as Brian mentionned.

5) the throw in of fournier keeps our contract limit the same.

I don't get the big deal. Habs clearly didn't believe in Tinordi, they unload him for a couple of schlubs. Why the outrage?

Some still thought Tinordi could be part of the future with the Habs. For those in that boat, the return would definitely qualify as underwhelming.

I don't get the big deal. Habs clearly didn't believe in Tinordi, they unload him for a couple of schlubs. Why the outrage?

I think it is the John Scott thing. There is not a more useless player in the NHL. I really think this is bad asset management. Tinordi will make it, and we will look stoooopid.

Many believe Tinordi would have had value in a package.

I don't buy that.

If the asset has no value on its own... its not "added value" to a package.