Tinordi traded to Arizona

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I'm trying to figure out what they were thinking.

Why are you thinking that they should have gotten more for Jarred Tinordi and Stefan Fournier.

I wasn't trying to be a dick in saying that. I'd rather have seen him go to waivers.

Hainsey, Fischer and now Tinordi.

I have to agree that this move is more about Barbiero become a more valuable asset.

Bergy always says, 'we let the players make decisions for us.'

MB needed to come out on the short end of a deal so he could set up a bigger deal where he makes a killing. GMs were getting wise to him. No more.

Trust ZootSuit! He's the man with the plan!

this would have to be the first trade Bergevin has me scratching my head on, not caring about any cap space or digging for any ounce of positive here, we simply were better off not trading Tinordi than we were making this deal today.

that's my final assessment of this trade in a nutshell

Okay, so this has to b the worst trade since I McDonough and rejean Houle trades!!!!

I sure hope you're wrong about that, my friend.

Personally, I never saw much in Tinordi, so I tend to share Commandant's assessment, but Lord knows player development/evaluation is not an exact science. We had guys who were mad that we traded Chipchura or O'Byrne - which proved to be silly. We also had guys who were mad that we traded McDonagh or Ribeiro - which proved to be correct. I'm pretty sure Tin Man falls on the former side of the ledger rather than the latter, but only the next couple of years will tell that tale.

Okay, so this has to b the worst trade since I McDonough and rejean Houle trades!!!!

Worst asset management since Rejean Houle. For all we know, Tinordi could turn into a Craig Conroy, reliable NHLer for a number of years. Tinordi needs to find the right situation, like Nate had playing with Gonchar. He'll certainly have a better coach in Dave Tippet than MT.

MB needed to come out on the short end of a deal so he could set up a bigger deal where he makes a killing. GMs were getting wise to him. No more.

Trust ZootSuit! He's the man with the plan!

Believe it or not, when put that way I actually see the benefit here. Lose Tinordi to waivers, get nothing. Make a trade where you don't look good, other GMs take note. We can only hope MB is that savvy

Most interest ever in an AHL trade?

My take.... I LOVE IT!!!!!

Now McCarron does not have to fight, our kids in the AHL are safe as hell now! Who in the AHL will dance with Scott? It is like they just got Ogie! Come playoff time he gets called up as a black ace so if we have to ad toughess in a series we have it. As if that wasn't enough we got a replacement for Barbiero! All of that it it cost us that lug that was taking up two seats in the booth? GREAT DEAL!!!

See?

Now McCarron does not have to fight, our kids in the AHL are safe as hell now! Who in the AHL will dance with Scott? It is like they just got Ogie! Come playoff time he gets called up as a black ace so if we have to ad toughess in a series we have it. As if that wasn't enough we got a replacement for Barbiero! All of that it it cost us that lug that was taking up two seats in the booth? GREAT DEAL!!!

See?

Ok I got it, so will he break Chara in half?

Sooooo, did someone say that Scott might not now qualify for All-star team now? How does that work and did Bergevin do the owners a solid by picking him up and sticking him in AHL so he cant embarrass them?

See?

I wouldn't count on him playing much in St. John's. The IceCaps already have a designated pugilist...who sits almost every night (thankfully too, they're about equally talented).

Sooooo, did someone say that Scott might not now qualify for All-star team now? How does that work and did Bergevin do the owners a solid by picking him up and sticking him in AHL so he cant embarrass them?

Bob McKenzie thinks the league orchestrated Scott's inclusion in the trade for that very reason.

Here is a poorly proof-read statement from Bergevin: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=797924 If you don't think it's worth clicking, it's spinning Scott's acquisition as a positive...

Marc Bergevin should have his mouth washed out for telling all those lies. How the fork is Scott going to teach the kids in st john's anything? And I don't want him teaching anything he knows to them.

Marc Bergevin should have his mouth washed out for telling all those lies. How the fork is Scott going to teach the kids in st john's anything? And I don't want him teaching anything he knows to them.

They can't just come out in say in the press release that "We only acquired Scott because ownership in Arizona is cheap." That's pretty much why they got him...but it wouldn't be nice to say that publicly. So instead they go with the experience line because when you can't say anything all that nice about an old player, you can at least say they're experienced.

They can't just come out in say in the press release that "We only acquired Scott because ownership in Arizona is cheap." That's pretty much why they got him...but it wouldn't be nice to say that publicly. So instead they go with the experience line because when you can't say anything all that nice about an old player, you can at least say they're experienced.

There's the old Jack Edwards line: "when it comes to playing hockey, John Scott can really punch people."

• Upvote 1

Worst asset management since Rejean Houle. For all we know, Tinordi could turn into a Craig Conroy, reliable NHLer for a number of years. Tinordi needs to find the right situation, like Nate had playing with Gonchar. He'll certainly have a better coach in Dave Tippet than MT.

For all we know Tinordi could turn into Ryan O'Byrne. A shitty defenceman who got killed in possession every night but stayed in the league due to size before ending up in Europe

Six years post draft, I'm betting on the O'B guy.