Tank Nation

Commandant

it, I give up

This team is a bunch of losers

Shut down price for the year.

Guys I'd keep.... 11, 27, 31, 67, 76

Everyone else can be traded.

Go for Matthews, Puljarvi, Laine, Tkachuk, or Juolevi. Get a top 5 pick.

This team ain't winning a damn thing with 4 top 6 forwards, no LHD worthy of playing a top 4 spot, and 2 AHL level goalies (and mediocre AHL goalies at that).

it all

• Upvote 1

###### it, I give up

This team is a bunch of losers

Shut down price for the year.

Guys I'd keep.... 11, 27, 31, 67, 76

Everyone else can be traded.

Go for Matthews, Puljarvi, Laine, Tkachuk, or Juolevi. Get a top 5 pick.

This team ain't winning a damn thing with 4 top 6 forwards, no LHD worthy of playing a top 4 spot, and 2 AHL level goalies (and mediocre AHL goalies at that).

###### it all

Ya know I don't think you really believe that. BUT I do understand your frustration. Hang em all by the nuts and beat em with a teaspoon.

This team is what it's been for the past 25 years , It realize on goaltending. If we don't get the goaltending this is what happens. Ever year we hit patches like this. But this year just seems like there not going to come out of it.

What I don't understand is for the last 25 years now we have needed a true #1 centre but they have done nothing to get one. I understand it's hard to trade for one. But to not draft one in the 1st round all these years I don't understand it. Until we become better and stronger down the middle this team will go no where.

We're not going to finish near the top 5 in draft position, best (worst) we could get is maybe 10. That player wouldn't make much of an immediate impact with our current core whose window is currently open. Drouin would be more of a solution than trying to tank.

We're not going to finish near the top 5 in draft position, best (worst) we could get is maybe 10. That player wouldn't make much of an immediate impact with our current core whose window is currently open. Drouin would be more of a solution than trying to tank.

4 wins in our next 21 games takes us to top 4.

8 wins the rest of the season takes us to #1

Tanking is for losers.

No respect for that kind of management.

the Caps, the Pens, the Hawks, Islanders and Edmonton. All of them, no respect.

Props to the Bruins, Detroit, Habs and other franchises who go down fighting.

Close this thread already.

Honestly? I don't know what to do.

I know that Bergevin will not deliberately tank. That's for sure.

But if he did, would I mind? At this point, the situation seems utterly hopeless. Why not.

And yet, looked at more objectively, the team has played very well for several games over this dreadful seven weeks. One major move - e.g., trading Pleks, getting in a scorer, something like that - could change the whole complexion.

What I'm worried about is that Zoot may have waited too long to pull the trigger. The team may be in the process of checking out mentally on the entire season. I really think that game against St Louis was critical. They gave it EVERYTHING in a desperate attempt to change the momentum. They easily deserved to win. They lost. That may have sort of settled it in the players' minds: 'it doesn't matter what we do...'

If that's the head-space now, then a single major addition might not be enough.

Do we know what Bergevin will or won't do anymore?

We thought he wouldn't watch this team slide. He has been watching them slide since December.

We thought he'd be the kind of GM that would be proactive. Instead he let Tinordi's trade value die on the vine and made zero moves when the team started having trouble aside from making a few call-ups.

In the midst of a scoring drought he sent down two of our best goal scorers during the drought just because he didn't want to potentially lose a guy like DSP to waivers.

It's time to throw out what we know on Bergevin. He's on this hot seat just as much as Therrien, just we know he has a longer leash. If there's anyone who is directly responsible for doing nothing during this slide, it's Marc Bergevin.

We went down fighting in 2011-2012? Fighting who?

Big, HUUUGE difference, in my opinion, between trading old future UFA's and headcases and tanking.

In 2011-2012,Spacek was already gone for Kaberle (that move was not tanking at all) when we traded Cammy in January and then Gill and Kostitsyn in February.

In my mind, this is not tanking.

Tanking, in 2016, means to trade :

Plekanec

Eller

Emelin

Weise

Markov

Desharnais

Petry

+ considering trading Byron, Mitchell, Flynn, Fleischmann and Pacioretty

Basically, you keep :

Price

Subban

Galchenyuk

Gallagher

Beaulieu

Smith-Pelly

maybe Pacioretty

That's it. Then you finish dead last for 3-4 years and rack up Top 5 overall draft picks.

This is how you properly tank and if a team is not commited to do just that and nothing less, than the team tries to find out better solution and DOES NOT TANK.

As I said, tanking is for losers. These teams might become winners in a distant future, like 5 years or so when the drafted studes grow up altogether at a managable price ( like Hawks and Pens) or eternal losers (Edmonton or Capitals/Islanders if they don't start winning soon)

Do we know what Bergevin will or won't do anymore?

We thought he wouldn't watch this team slide. He has been watching them slide since December.

We thought he'd be the kind of GM that would be proactive. Instead he let Tinordi's trade value die on the vine and made zero moves when the team started having trouble aside from making a few call-ups.

In the midst of a scoring drought he sent down two of our best goal scorers during the drought just because he didn't want to potentially lose a guy like DSP to waivers.

It's time to throw out what we know on Bergevin. He's on this hot seat just as much as Therrien, just we know he has a longer leash. If there's anyone who is directly responsible for doing nothing during this slide, it's Marc Bergevin.

Great post!

This is on Bergevin, not the players or Coach T...

Tanking is for losers.

No respect for that kind of management.

###### the Caps, the Pens, the Hawks, Islanders and Edmonton. All of them, no respect.

Props to the Bruins, Detroit, Habs and other franchises who go down fighting.

Close this thread already.

The Bruins who tanked the year they drafted Phil Kessel?

The Habs who tanked the year they drafted Galchenyuk?

The Wings who tanked for Yzerman and Primeau?

The Bruins who tanked the year they drafted Phil Kessel?

The Habs who tanked the year they drafted Galchenyuk?

The Wings who tanked for Yzerman and Primeau?

These teams were not tanking. See my other post.

The Wings tanked for Yzerman, thats been an accusation for years.

The Bruins who traded away both Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov that year?

Yzerman was drafted in 83 by Jim Dellevano, I wasn't even born and had to check this on Wikipedia.

Can we talk about at least hockey since 1990, if not since salary cap times?

The Bruins traded Oates-Tocchet-Ranford to finish last and draft Thornton, I'll give you that. They finished 9th overall the very next season, totally proving my point that they did not tank that much à la Oilers/Pens/Caps/Hawks/Isles.

Yzerman was drafted in 83 by Jim Dellevano, I wasn't even born and had to check this on Wikipedia.

The Bruins traded Oates-Tocchet-Ranford to finish last and draft Thornton, I'll give you that. They finished 9th overall the very next season, totally proving my point that they did not tank that much à la Oilers/Pens/Caps/Hawks/Isles.

A reason they finished 9th is because the NHL was in the middle of expansion and there were teams with worse rosters than the Bruins.

A reason they finished 9th is because the NHL was in the middle of expansion and there were teams with worse rosters than the Bruins.

17 of them, yeah.
  • Upvote 1

Where did I say I wanted to tank for MULTIPLE SEASONS?

Where did anyone say they wanted to tank for multiple seasons?

You are arguing against an idea that no one brought to the table.

Where did I say I wanted to tank for MULTIPLE SEASONS?

Where did anyone say they wanted to tank for multiple seasons?

You are arguing against an idea that no one brought to the table.

I'm arguing that tanking has to be for multiple seasons.

I'm arguing that otherwise, I don't consider this as to be tanking.

Call it what you want.

At this point I'm ready to shut down price for the season, and trade anyone over the age of 30 (or a cap anchor like Eller, DD, Emelin) for future assets.

Get a high draft pick, get some young assets and depth, go shopping for talent in the summer, and try to put together a good season next year with our star goalie healthy.

If you don't want to call that tanking for the rest of the season, thats up to you.

(Also note, I'm saying every vet is available, not every vet will be traded, you need to keep some veterans around the team too.... the ones i feel i can get good value for would be shown the door, while keeping some behind. If that means markov out and pleks stays then it is what it is).

Call it what you want.

At this point I'm ready to shut down price for the season, and trade anyone over the age of 30 (or a cap anchor like Eller, DD, Emelin) for future assets.

Get a high draft pick, get some young assets and depth, go shopping for talent in the summer, and try to put together a good season next year with our star goalie healthy.

If you don't want to call that tanking for the rest of the season, thats up to you.

(Also note, I'm saying every vet is available, not every vet will be traded, you need to keep some veterans around the team too.... the ones i feel i can get good value for would be shown the door, while keeping some behind. If that means markov out and pleks stays then it is what it is).

I see what you mean. I don't disagree with this way of managing the team.

Where I don't really agree is on what will bring this kind of tanking ( I mean not tanking 100% for multiple seasons).

I believe that, doing so, we're more likely to remain a bubble team than becoming a true contender.

We'd never get enough talent back from the draft picks we'd receive from buyers. These teams will give 20+ overall draft picks in return. Teams with top 5 draft picks will not give them for Plekanek, Markov, Eller, etc as they will miss the playoffs them too and keep them.

No sure 1st line/top pair player will come from that.

We could be lucky enough to fall on a few 2nd line guys that we could package for a true 1st line player, but nothing is less sure than that.

Our only chance to finish low enough is to send Price to a surgery and him missing the entire season.