Jan.26, Bleu Jackets @ Cursed Habs

kuternoga

The other guys on the other team seem to like each other a lot. They get together, smile and slap each other on the back. I've seen that 4 times now. ...er.. 5.

A hahaha. Thanks for that. You are one positive dude.

This is a disgrace. I guess their goalie played a really good game again? I mean it is all puck luck. It is not a lack of talent. No No that can't be.

Korpisalo wasn't all that great in this one - I still think he's a decent prospect for them moving forward though.

Man, if you told me last year that I would go see the Panthers win a blowout game in first place and the Canadiens would get swept in a back to back from the worst team in the league...

Something stinks with this team. What the eff is going on? Did someone sleep with Nathan Horton's wife?

Thank God we have still Michel Therrien. Perspective.

Korpisalo wasn't all that great in this one - I still think he's a decent prospect for them moving forward though.

He was more than beatable. He is a good prospect and that is exactly what he looked like tonight. Our scoring sucks big time.

What a weird, weird year. :blush:

But ya know.. one very nice thing about this hockey sludge... is that ... we're.... Montreal.

It will end.

God is a Habs fan after all.

At this point you have to start looking at next season. There is no sense bringing Carey back. Let him stay home and fish and hunt. We're out of the mix, as fans we might as well just ride out this season get a top 5 pick hopefully and come back next year. I'm still not convinced this collapse isn't all about not having Carey. He makes this team believe they are good, and if they believe they are good they'll score. I think we'll come back next year and be fine. Might as well have a top notch prospect too.

There is no sense in Bergy going out and making trades to make this team better, I think we should be a seller and try and get picks for Markov, Gilbert and Weise, depending on the return maybe even.................................Plex.

Habs had 78 pts in 2011-12

Still on pace for 85pts, gonna have to work to get from 20th to bottom of league, but maybe new lottery will help if they come up short and just cant lose enough.

That game yesterday was just horrible from net to Pacioretty.

The worst thing about this season is the total lack of hope. There is no longer any reason to watch the team: no hot young prospect(s) to observe, no entertainment value, no new player or coach acquisitions to focus on. Even when we get chances, I no longer feel that surge of excitement or hope, because I no longer believe we're going to score, because all that ever happens is the shot misses the net or hits the post or is deflected or is saved.

All we're left with is a team of the same old players we've been watching for years, who have gone from being hotshots to having somehow lost all self-belief and internalized a loser's mentality.

OK, we've got Subban. But other than that there is literally nothing for a fan to invest in. Even the idea of getting a super-high draft pick is probably a stretch due to the math. Gawd.

The worst thing about this season is the total lack of hope. There is no longer any reason to watch the team: no hot young prospect(s) to observe, no entertainment value, no new player or coach acquisitions to focus on. Even when we get chances, I no longer feel that surge of excitement or hope, because I no longer believe we're going to score, because all that ever happens is the shot misses the net or hits the post or is deflected or is saved.

All we're left with is a team of the same old players we've been watching for years, who have gone from being hotshots to having somehow lost all self-belief and internalized a loser's mentality.

OK, we've got Subban. But other than that there is literally nothing for a fan to invest in. Even the idea of getting a super-high draft pick is probably a stretch due to the math. Gawd.

Well said...this is how I feel as well. I'll add to your checklist of sobering realities; even a miraculous run of wins backed by insane goaltending a-la the Senators last year isn't a realistic hope, as Carey will not be back for a couple of weeks...and even THEN...he's going to need a few games to get back to being Superman after a layoff this long. There won't be enough time left. Literally NOTHING to look forward to, and no glimmer of hope :(

I'm looking forward to how low they can get. A top 4 pick would be great.

They have like 5 wins since the beginning of December, They may only win 7 or 8 more all year. I'm assuming Price won't be back in a few weeks, I think he will be slowed down to ensure he is in fact 100% before he ever takes the ice.

I stopped watching last night as well. You know something's wrong with me when I still have some hope for this season though. Even with a rational thought however, I can't imagine that the team can continue to play like this for the rest of the season. That just wouldn't make any sense to me.

I will admit that the length Price is out has a huge impact on our chances. He'd probably need to come back with the next 10 games at the latest. If they keep it to within 4-6 points before his return, there's no reason to think the team wouldn't be able to make the playoffs. Without any moves between now and the deadline though, I agree that we definitely wouldn't be a contender at this point even with Price.

There are two sides of the coin but I personally don't think there's any point in being a seller at the deadline. I feel as though if we miss the playoffs, it's most likely going to be as the 9-11th seed at worst. If that's the case, I think the move is to make the team better and try to squeak in to the playoffs. There's a lot to be said in return to this comment but LA won the cup as the 8th seed. If we're going to miss the playoffs by a few points, may as well try to make our team better this year. That's just my opinion. And unless Price's injury actually requires it for optimal healing, then I doubt he sits out the rest of the season no matter what. Maybe it's the "smart" thing to do for a tank job but it's still not going to happen.

Sorry, we have Subban and he is a super offensive d-man; but not looking to him for any leadership, which seems to be really lacking.

An early exit will give him more time to work on his marketing himself I suppose.