Lessio and Andrighetto recalled

dlbalr

We knew there were callups coming as the Habs were only carrying 11 forwards. They're back to 13 now as Andrighetto and Lessio have been recalled. Lessio is in a real slump right now but if they're looking for speed on the 4th line, he's their guy - he can really skate.

Yeah!! More help for the 4th line! Just what we needed!

We knew there were callups coming as the Habs were only carrying 11 forwards. They're back to 13 now as Andrighetto and Lessio have been recalled. Lessio is in a real slump right now but if they're looking for speed on the 4th line, he's their guy - he can really skate.

Lessio? Really...???

On merit, I think he's an odd choice considering his recent struggles. Personally, I'd have tried him when they called de la Rose up a couple of weeks ago. But, I think they want to get a look at him before the trade deadline.

I was hoping that they would recall John Scott. I mean, 1. what have we got to lose? 2. It would be nice to see a Habs behemoth squashing the Flyers for a change as I have seen far to much of it the other way; 3. He scored 2 goals in the All-star game so he's got a hotter stick than any of our other forwards; 4.Having Scott up might take the pressure of the team by deflecting attention away from the collapse; 5. It would be nice to see MTL get some positive results, and press, out of the putrid Tinordi trade and Lessio??!!! C'mon, does anyone think he is going to be much help? (and I am really hoping to be proven wrong on that last point).

I was hoping that they would recall John Scott. I mean, 1. what have we got to lose? 2. It would be nice to see a Habs behemoth squashing the Flyers for a change as I have seen far to much of it the other way; 3. He scored 2 goals in the All-star game so he's got a hotter stick than any of our other forwards; 4.Having Scott up might take the pressure of the team by deflecting attention away from the collapse; 5. It would be nice to see MTL get some positive results, and press, out of the putrid Tinordi trade and Lessio??!!! C'mon, does anyone think he is going to be much help? (and I am really hoping to be proven wrong on that last point).

I have no time for goons, but if we want to try Scott as a big body around the net and a general sideshow - and possible destroyer of Renaldo-type irritants - it's hard to see how it would hurt. Surely we're at the point where trying ANYTHING is better than nothing. The likeliest outcome, though, is that he takes 3-minute shifts, gets in a pointless staged fight, has everyone talking about how they 'feel safer with him out there,' and makes absolutely no difference to anything.

If Scott is dressed, we will know when Bergevin thinks this year will end, like mid-April and he will be in seller's category in 4 weeks.

Hopefully Andrighetto is played on the 2nd line.

I have no time for goons, but if we want to try Scott as a big body around the net and a general sideshow - and possible destroyer of Renaldo-type irritants - it's hard to see how it would hurt. Surely we're at the point where trying ANYTHING is better than nothing. The likeliest outcome, though, is that he takes 3-minute shifts, gets in a pointless staged fight, has everyone talking about how they 'feel safer with him out there,' and makes absolutely no difference to anything.

I feel safer knowing you're posting. :hyper:

My younger brother had no time for goons either. He'd hardly ever play with me. ..

Big body with tons of speed. Not sure why people are against this.

Don't get me wrong. I hope Lessio contributes and I also hope that we win, but at this point I don't see any downside in dressing Scott to demolish Rinaldo, if nothing else.

Guest Stogey24

Don't get me wrong. I hope Lessio contributes and I also hope that we win, but at this point I don't see any downside in dressing Scott to demolish Rinaldo, if nothing else.

Montreal doesn't even play Boston again this year

Montreal doesn't even play Boston again this year

Oh, ye of little faith....and I forgot he wasn't with Philly any more :(

I know nothing about Lessio but if I were MB i'd give him a short leash and send him down for John Scott if he doesn't produce. I'm sure ghetto will do ok but I think this could be his showcase for a trade near the deadline for draft picks.

Produce? Lessio has 10 goals in the AHL in 42 games this year.

John Scott has 6 goals in 173 AHL games in his career.

This if Lessio doesn't produce we should call up John Scott is bullshit.

If Lessio doesn't produce go get Hudon or Friberg or Holloway or any other player but a fourth line trainwreck who can't play hockey.

Lessio looks like a rugged dude, is he a physical player?

I hear he is fast and a great skater, so that alone puts him higher than DSP on my depth chart, although DSP does show an ability to keep a cycle or puck possession in the offensive zone better than most of our pluggers.

Go Lessio(if he gets to start)!

Lessio looks like a rugged dude, is he a physical player?

I hear he is fast and a great skater, so that alone puts him higher than DSP on my depth chart, although DSP does show an ability to keep a cycle or puck possession in the offensive zone better than most of our pluggers.

Go Lessio(if he gets to start)!

He's not a huge hitter but he doesn't shy away from it either. If I had to compare him to someone on the team currently, I'd say he's a bigger Byron stylistically speaking.

He's not a huge hitter but he doesn't shy away from it either. If I had to compare him to someone on the team currently, I'd say he's a bigger Byron stylistically speaking.

That actually sounds pretty good. Bring up Scott. :nuts:

Tough break for Lessio, and typical of the idiot Gudas, only the Flyers or Bruins would employ that punk.

I thought Lessio looked really good in his short night, hope is is ok...

Oh please... a fighter prevents injuries.

Lets cut the Don Cherry bullshit.

You are acting like the HabsWorld version of Don Cherry. This isn't commandantworld.net! If it was, this forum would have 0 followers.

I can't take anything you write as valid from this point forth considering you just shared an article on a one year turnaround (complete bullshit)

Well, one thing for sure is that no one on this roster even seems to have any push back, or even stands up for his teammates.

No don't need a goon, but a 'fiesty' player or two wouldn't hurt.

Lessio-Mitchell-Flynn-Pelly-Weise are all soft and can on and on down the roster and either are soft (Pacioretty) or small (Gallagher). Even on defense got Beaulieu (who is no intimidating player neither) and that is it.