Prust on waivers

habs rule

They won the trade the second it was announced. Prust was a hindrance at the end of last year and is even more of one now. Merely getting rid of him for anything was a plus.

yeah I know just trying to stir the pot.

For giving Prust too long of a deal and more money than anyone else was willing originally?

He has signed a lot bad contracts. His strength has been dumping them afterwards. Hopefully he can do the same with Eller.

For giving Prust too long of a deal and more money than anyone else was willing originally?

He has signed a lot bad contracts. His strength has been dumping them afterwards. Hopefully he can do the same with Eller.

Yeah, his record with contracts does not seem great. Prust, Eller, Emelin, Pleks are four bad contracts that leap to mind. (Some people will defend the Pleks deal, but I don't believe he is a reliable #2 centre any more in terms of offensive production, which makes it a bad deal - giving the guy the jackpot right at the moment he entered his decline).

Wasn't/isn't your favourite player eh dlbalr.

No, I wasn't a fan of his overall. I didn't like the contract from the beginning but Prust won me over a bit in his first season. He was better than expected and showed he could be more than a 4th line goon. Then, the production dropped and the stupidity increased, on and off the ice (my disdain growing accordingly) and he quickly became the overpaid fourth liner. Add that to quite a few injuries and you have a player who is now well past his best before date. His shoulder issues make him a not-so-great fighter as willing as he may be to go, his lack of speed makes him a liability (especially on the PK where he once played) and even reduces the frequency of his physical play, and he doesn't bring anything of note offensively. He wasn't an NHL-calibre player by the end of last year. Now, the rest of the league has realized this as well.

Whoever is drawing up the PP must be the same one who is coaching the PK lately.

But, the simple errors are happening all over the ice (feel bad for Condon) and really don't see any players being/showing any frustration or seem to not even give a f**k...ho hum another giveaway by a vet player...over and over.

At least Prust might even smack his own teammates upside the head to wake up and get their heads out of their butts, even is didn't dress him for games.

It was very widely reported that Nashville offered more money to Prust than Montreal and he took Montreal's offer. I believe Calgary offered more money and term as well.

Same happened with Briere. Nashville offered more money and term and he took our two year deal for less. Not the same Habs that was making offers to everyone from Jason Arnott to Ryan Smyth bigger than anyone else and losing them.

When you sign UFAs, you overpay in terms of salary or term, and sometimes both. That's an iron law of today's NHL. So there really isn't much point in condemning a GM for 'overpaying' for such players. The choice is either overpay, or forego the player.

In terms of Prust's contract, MB offloaded it fairly efficiently. Prust also gave us one terrific season and some good moments thereafter. So, I've got no beef on that front.

The real winner in the Prust-Kassian deal was, of course, the Edmonton Oilers.

• Upvote 1