For crying out loud SHUT CAREY Down

habs rule

He is not medically cleared, far from it. They brought him back too quickly last time, Let's make sure he is healed this time. It is a knee, which are very tricky, rest and rehab, possibly surgery. Watching him skate the other day, he is in for a long rehab. Playing him the final 10 games is not going to be of benefit.

WHEN he is medically cleared to play he will play. The theme of this thread is to shut him down because the Habs have been sucking. My point is that is irrelevant. And yes if it's only 10 games at the end of a dreadful year, it does have some benefit. He will want to test it out and know he is good enough to start the next season. And that's not even taking into consideration that his return could be in the middle of a playoff push. Can you imagine management telling a healthy MVP to stay home while the rest of the team is busting their ass to make the playoffs? Explain that to the fans and the boss who wants playoff revenue.

WHEN he is medically cleared to play he will play. The theme of this thread is to shut him down because the Habs have been sucking. My point is that is irrelevant. And yes if it's only 10 games at the end of a dreadful year, it does have some benefit. He will want to test it out and know he is good enough to start the next season. And that's not even taking into consideration that his return could be in the middle of a playoff push. Can you imagine management telling a healthy MVP to stay home while the rest of the team is busting their ass to make the playoffs? Explain that to the fans and the boss who wants playoff revenue.

I guess hope springs eternal but risking your #1 MVP of the world on a failed push for the playoffs, which may result in further injury seems pretty silly. Let him make sure it is healed, that simply takes time.

Nobody could or would stop Price from playing when he is cleared, he will play.

He will want to play if he's able, no matter what the playoff picture may be.

Nobody could or would stop Price from playing when he is cleared, he will play.

He will want to play if he's able, no matter what the playoff picture may be.

Yes I now that, he will try his damdest to get this team into the playoffs.. And I know that if he is healthy he will play, but is he going to be more prone to injury? If he comes back? Is it worth the risk. What I am saying is, do what is best for Carey and the future of this team. Do not take any risks with our best player, just so we can slide into playoffs. It ain't worth it. We already made that mistake, let's not do it again. Get him completely healthy for next year.

Yes I now that, he will try his damdest to get this team into the playoffs.. And I know that if he is healthy he will play, but is he going to be more prone to injury? If he comes back? Is it worth the risk. What I am saying is, do what is best for Carey and the future of this team. Do not take any risks with our best player, just so we can slide into playoffs. It ain't worth it. We already made that mistake, let's not do it again. Get him completely healthy for next year.

It's okay for the Habs to want to do that. It makes sense. But Price simply won't accept being shut down if he's capable of playing even if the team thinks it's better long-term for him to sit. If the doctors say he's ready, he's playing regardless of what the perception of risk may be.

It's okay for the Habs to want to do that. It makes sense. But Price simply won't accept being shut down if he's capable of playing even if the team thinks it's better long-term for him to sit. If the doctors say he's ready, he's playing regardless of what the perception of risk may be.

Yes I know.

I'm glad people are finally bringing this up...even Macguire was on the radio talking about the Habs possibly 'shutting down' Price. But the whole idea is predicated on the Habs dictating to a (hypothetically) healthy player not to play. Price isn't Mark Barberio. He's not going to accept that.

I'm glad people are finally bringing this up...even Macguire was on the radio talking about the Habs possibly 'shutting down' Price. But the whole idea is predicated on the Habs dictating to a (hypothetically) healthy player not to play. Price isn't Mark Barberio. He's not going to accept that.

Hypothetically is the big word of the day. :) He hypothetically looks like he can't skate. The Gm Marc (the buck stops here) Bergevin has to do what is best for the long term future of this team. I hope he does. I hope Carey understands, but I do understand that he is the leader of this group and as such he will not like being shut down. If they let him come back he better be 100% or we will be in a lot of trouble. Short term pain for long term gain.

The last thing this team, right now, needs to be doing is telling their best player what to do.

If he's ignoring doctors orders, that's one thing. The last thing I want is Carey to be pissed off the team is telling him he can't play this season and deciding this team ain't getting out of their hole and deciding to take his skills elsewhere. You want this year to be a real disaster? Try Price requesting a trade.

The last thing this team, right now, needs to be doing is telling their best player what to do.

If he's ignoring doctors orders, that's one thing. The last thing I want is Carey to be pissed off the team is telling him he can't play this season and deciding this team ain't getting out of their hole and deciding to take his skills elsewhere. You want this year to be a real disaster? Try Price requesting a trade.

Requesting a trade because the team is looking out for his best interests? That would be a new one. Usually works the other way, the team pressures a guy into coming back early.

Why cant he play at less than 100%? He isn't made of glass and he will have from mid-April till Sept off.

Do you want to win a cup? If you do we need him at 100%.

Requesting a trade because the team is looking out for his best interests? That would be a new one. Usually works the other way, the team pressures a guy into coming back early.

If he doesn't return this year, does this hurt his World Cup hopes? Does it potentially affect future contract talks? If the answer to either of those could even possibly be yes, then Price (and his agent) might suggest that the team isn't looking out for his best interests.

If he doesn't return this year, does this hurt his World Cup hopes? Does it potentially affect future contract talks? If the answer to either of those could even possibly be yes, then Price (and his agent) might suggest that the team isn't looking out for his best interests.

Would getting re-injured hurt his World Cup or his contract talks. We can go back and forth all night but you are talking about our franchise player. Personally I don't care if he plays in the world cup. I want a cup but not that one. As to his contract I don't think MB is going to ask him sit out the rest of this year, which may happen anyway, and then penalize him for it. All I am saying is he needs to get this fixed and fixed properly. I played goal and I know first hand about knees. Believe me fix it properly or risk losing him for a long time. Possibly for good.

Agree on World cup, thought same on Olympics, lots of other good goalies could of played instead and been fine by me to see him rest during that break in season.

We can all agree that Price should not play a game until he is absolutely at 100%.

After that, well, it's Price's call, eh?

Apparently Don doesn't but whatever, Was it not the Olympics where he came back too soon and got hurt again? I could be wrong on that but I remember him coming back and whoopsie we had no goalie.

100 % correct!! Carey Price is done for the season is right. Now that some goals are coming, the team has pulled off 3 wins. Goaltending was never the problem with the losing string. Condon made many great saves and

held the team in the game many times when they were not scoring.

Now is the time for the team to prove that they can stand on their own and not rely on Carey Price night after night to bail them out. See you in the fall of 2016 Carey!!! Do whatever you need to do to come back and win that

Stanley Cup to go along side your Gold Medal!!!

I disagree with thread.

If Price wants to play, doctors say go nuts and no harm in it. Even at 90% he will be back and that is fine by me.

Whatever You were probably never a goalie facing knee problems. So you have no idea what I am talking about.

Ahh come on don't need to baby him, he is a big boy with lots of doctors giving him advice.

And no, I was never dumb enough to play net...just kidding, goalies play a hell of a tough position.

I hope he is able to come back this year and play hockey. If he can't with a very high likelihood of not reinjuring himself, and further rest and therapy will help, then .. see ya next year Carey. I don't think the sport needs too many machinations.

I hope he is able to come back this year and play hockey. If he can't with a very high likelihood of not reinjuring himself, and further rest and therapy will help, then .. see ya next year Carey. I don't think the sport needs too many machinations.

That is correct. A goalie without knees is like a grilled cheese sandwich without cheese.

Guest Stogey24

Ahh come on don't need to baby him, he is a big boy with lots of doctors giving him advice.

And no, I was never dumb enough to play net...just kidding, goalies play a hell of a tough position.

Being on your knees all night is definitely a tough position. I don't have to tell you that though, right ;)

Bottom line is this is a business, and Price is a contracted player, he has rights as an employee, and goes by nothing other than his Dr.'s prognosis and overall advice.

If the doctors clear him, what buffoon of management would suggest that the best player on his team not play? What kind of message does that send the player, the team, and the league? Not a very commendable message... and it's not going to happen out of the Montreal Canadiens.

If it's to tank, and for the long term benefit of the team, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah, it's still not a viable reason, nor is that within the teams rights as I see it, if he's cleared to play, he will want to, so therefore he will, that's all there is to it.

Habs can't win trying to force him to sit... definitely don't want him to want to leave. Price is God for this particular team.