Montreal Canadiens vs. Colorado Avalanche | February 17th, 2016 | 8:00 EST

Habsfan84

Lessio and DelLARose looked good, Scrivens is still the seive he always was, send him back yo yhe Leafs. Time for the coach to actually blame himself. GM took the blame, and the coach is now blaming players. Really time to ditch him.

Guest Stogey24

Lessio and DelLARose looked good, Scrivens is still the seive he always was, send him back yo yhe Leafs. Time for the coach to actually blame himself. GM took the blame, and the coach is now blaming players. Really time to ditch him.

Lessio looked really good. Not too sure if he can finish, but man he has burning speed

Guest Stogey24

Didn't see the first goal, but he actually played defense on the 3rd goal. Pacioretty was the one who got caught sleeping there.

Eller also scored a goal, btw.

Ya, buddy just has to take any chance he gets to take a stab at Eller.

Eller on pace for 82g/yr when put with Pacioretty, but still with just 3rd line minutes.

Gilbert had more icetime than Subban, too funny.

Well, many are always whining that Therrien only benches the kids for screwing up, but when he does it to a (supposed) leader with ugly giveaway , he is bad coach?

Guest Stogey24

Eller on pace for 82g/yr when put with Pacioretty, but still with just 3rd line minutes.

Gilbert had more icetime than Subban, too funny.

Well, many are always whining that Therrien only benches the kids for screwing up, but when he does it to a (supposed) leader with ugly giveaway , he is bad coach?

I didn't mind the benching. Subban played a terrible game and Max wasn't great either. If it was a game that actually meant something, I'd assume those two would have been out to try and tie it up.

Young guys again stood out in a good way, Beaulieu jumping into rush, de la Rose and Lessio were flying and Byron almost had another breakaway.

Pateryn had another tough game.

Young guys again stood out in a good way, Beaulieu jumping into rush, de la Rose and Lessio were flying and Byron almost had another breakaway.

Pateryn had another tough game.

That's what the rest of the season is about - giving lots of rope to kids from Hamilton in order to assess what we've got. As for Pateryn, wait, I thought he was yet another rock-solid young guy being unjustly held back by the organization's irrational hatred of young players? Hmmmmm

That's what the rest of the season is about - giving lots of rope to kids from Hamilton in order to assess what we've got. As for Pateryn, wait, I thought he was yet another rock-solid young guy being unjustly held back by the organization's irrational hatred of young players? Hmmmmm

This team is struggling big time. I don't know if Pateryn will ever get into the lineup, but I do know is that he shouldn't be the focus of the criticism for this team. The supposed elite players are not playing well, so why would anyone sane, believe that somebody that was left on the bench for months on end would come in and be at the very top of his game? Of course, he is going to struggle.

What a strange experience last night was. Best I can equate it to was being at a baseball game.

Anyway, prior to the game, we made it to crowd around the tunnel. My son got first bumps from a few players. Subban was very interactive with the fans. He tried to make it over to my son to fist bump, but the stick guy kept getting in the way, so he tapped him with his stick instead.

Pateryn seemed to have had a bad game, period. He isn't my focus of criticism and I do know he has been in pressbox forever; but whenever I do criticize one certain star of team, people seem to take a real offense to that.

A guy like Pateryn shouldn't be the focus, anyone think he was going to be anything more than an average, physical defenseman?

Pateryn has never played enough at this level than to be anymore than a depth D at this point. Arguably, he isn't guilty of any more terrible plays than Markov or Emelin, and the difference is Markov can make great plays consistantly, and Pateryn and Emelin can hardly ever make the great plays.

In the end, Subban fell down, but my lord, we aren't even in games without him...

To stand out and defend Markov who has been beyond horrible and than throw subban under the bus is bush league. There is a reason why when thinking everyone under the sun when he won the Norris, MT wasn't included.

MT is, was and always will be a shit coach. I really don't get those that give him the credit of being even an average NHL coach.

A guy like Pateryn shouldn't be the focus, anyone think he was going to be anything more than an average, physical defenseman?

Pateryn has never played enough at this level than to be anymore than a depth D at this point. Arguably, he isn't guilty of any more terrible plays than Markov or Emelin, and the difference is Markov can make great plays consistantly, and Pateryn and Emelin can hardly ever make the great plays.

In the end, Subban fell down, but my lord, we aren't even in games without him...

Guest Stogey24

Basu just tweeted this: Subban has been on for 95 of the Habs 155 goals this season. That's 61.3%, a ridiculous number. He doesn't do it by dumping pucks in corners

This was the last straw as far as I'm concerned...MT needs to go. The longer he sticks around, alienating the guys we NEED, the more we risk somebody important demanding a trade out of town. I've had enough of his constant coddling of the useless Desharnais and the gutless Max Perimeter, while freely abusing his favorite targets. How long until PK finally snaps and pulls a Patrick Roy? Don't want to let it get to that point.

Basu just tweeted this: Subban has been on for 95 of the Habs 155 goals this season. That's 61.3%, a ridiculous number. He doesn't do it by dumping pucks in corners

Yeah numbers like that I am suprised Le Genius allows him on the ice.(sarcasm)

Guest Stogey24

This was the last straw as far as I'm concerned...MT needs to go. The longer he sticks around, alienating the guys we NEED, the more we risk somebody important demanding a trade out of town. I've had enough of his constant coddling of the useless Desharnais and the gutless Max Perimeter, while freely abusing his favorite targets. How long until PK finally snaps and pulls a Patrick Roy? Don't want to let it get to that point.

Exactly. How long until players start to revolt

If you told me that 20 players on the Habs hated Subban and Price wasn't one of them, I'd say trade 20 guys.

He's been our best player this year. Only Gallagher comes close. It's one thing to point out when he makes a mistake, it's another to try and blame him for this season.

You had a different situation then.

Brand new coach hand picked by Ronald Corey.

You had the star go to corey and basically say him or me

Corey had a huge ego and couldn't admit he made a mistake in the coach and so traded the player. Even when Roy went back on his demand two days after the detroit game, he still insisted and traded him.

This is different. We all know therrien is done by mid april when the season ends, i don't see subban getting into a him or me stance cause subban is smart enough to recognize that. And even if Subban did get into the him or me stance, firing a coach after 4 years and a disastrous season isn't going to be an ego crushing move like Corey firing Tremblay would have been.

If PK Subban is the problem, then I don't want anything to do with the 'solution.'

Total bullsh*t move by Therrien. And all the speculation that PK is a divisive figure in the room can go blow. He's a giant being held down by pygmies.

Hal Gill called it from the get-go. He was right then, and his argument is still right.

This is different. We all know therrien is done by mid april when the season ends, i don't see subban getting into a him or me stance cause subban is smart enough to recognize that. And even if Subban did get into the him or me stance, firing a coach after 4 years and a disastrous season isn't going to be an ego crushing move like Corey firing Tremblay would have been.

Why wait? Why not have MB step in as interim?

I don't think Marc has ever coached has he?

So what? We're just tanking anyways...I'm sure the guy who coaches my local Jr. A team would be adequate just for running practices and rolling lines.