Distraction Thread - How much will Carey cost us after 17-18?

zumpano21

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Give me a break. Price will have Bergevin by the nuts and will be able to write whatever ticket he wants. Given his injury history, the contract will likely prove a millstone in the long run, but we'll have zero option but to sign it.

100% agree, but don't have to like it.

5 hours ago, DON said:

100% agree, but don't have to like it.

It's not gonna happen, but it WOULD be 'interesting' to see the Habs trade him for some major pieces, e.g., a truly elite prospect and maybe 1-2 good roster players. I don't know what a guy of Price's calibre would command on the open market, however. And as I say, it's purely a thought experiment, because Bergevin is going to lock him up and live - or let his successor live - with the behemoth cap hit when Price begins his decline.

11 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's not gonna happen, but it WOULD be 'interesting' to see the Habs trade him for some major pieces, e.g., a truly elite prospect and maybe 1-2 good roster players. I don't know what a guy of Price's calibre would command on the open market, however. And as I say, it's purely a thought experiment, because Bergevin is going to lock him up and live - or let his successor live - with the behemoth cap hit when Price begins his decline.

Like say a young power forward, a first round pick top six winger, and a goalie of the future?

;)