Why the next coach should probably be English

johnnyhasbeen

I'm all for Crawford seeing his work in Europe. He's the best coach available, regardless of language rule. Proven in the NHL and still coaching well outside of the NHL without his old baggage.

He also has experience coaching future Hab Auston Matthews.

Cup winner whose teams always play with a lot of structure and have a firm identity. What's the problem?

With all due respect Concombre he was one deflection away from being fired the year they won the Cup.

Damn you Nathan Horton!!!

With all due respect Concombre he was one deflection away from being fired the year they won the Cup.

Damn you Nathan Horton!!!

Don't remind me. What a painful loss - especially when you think of what might have been, had Pacioretty not been deliberately injured by that Neanderthal prick Chara.

But I don't see how anyone looks at the Bruins over the balance of Julien's tenure and thinks, 'whoa, there's a badly coached team.'

Don't remind me. What a painful loss - especially when you think of what might have been, had Pacioretty not been deliberately injured by that Neanderthal prick Chara.

But I don't see how anyone looks at the Bruins over the balance of Julien's tenure and thinks, 'whoa, there's a badly coached team.'

Bruins fans haaaaate Julien. Never happy with what he does in Boston.

Bruins fans haaaaate Julien. Never happy with what he does in Boston.

Sure, but that just means he's part of that 'interchangeable mass' of quality, non-elite NHL coaches out there. Like I keep saying, the people who presently demonize MT will quite likely come to demonize his replacement.

I want Alain Vigneault to be the next coach of this team. He is a very good coach who happens to speak french. I know it is a dream.

AV already had a stint with the Habs. The organization must stop going into the recycling bin for coaches. If it didn't work at their first kick of the can, why would it work their second time around? Bringing MT back is enough of a reminder!

AV already had a stint with the Habs. The organization must stop going into the recycling bin for coaches. If it didn't work at their first kick of the can, why would it work their second time around? Bringing MT back is enough of a reminder!

It didn't work the first time because the team sucked, not because of Vigneault. He is a proven, strong coach. This argument makes little sense.

He was a rookie coach with a shitty team. How are the Canucks doing since he left?