Canadiens vs Flyers - 7 PM GDT

Lovett's Magnatones

Condon redeemed himself for that terrible goal.

This team has no offensive talent. They missed the net at least six times on 3 v 3. All the time and space and the puck keeps sailing wide.

We do seem to shoot high or wide far too often.

If we could get them to attend every home game, and make the team realize this phenomenon and bring them on the road....

I don't think we should let Joe go to any more games. I would have been good with a close loss.

Philadelphia handed the Canadiens that game on a silver platter in the shootout...and im pissed that they did. Putting a guy who is 1 for 8 out there to try and equalize? P.S. way to show LEADERSHIP out there when it doesn't matter anymore #67 :bonk: lets at least TRY and get a top 5 pick in 2016 draft

I watched the first 2 periods and turned it off. There was nothing entertaining at all to that hockey game. I was at my son's PeeWee game before this game and the intensity level was way higher there. It reminded me of watching a Columbus Toronto matchup. Bad hockey being played by bith teams. No drive, no desire being shown, lots of turnovers and mistakes. Neither of the teams involved looked like top tier hockey teams, What happened to the speed and intensity this team played with in the first 2 months of the season? It was that speed and intensity, shift after shift that had us at the top of the league in points and scoring. No intensity and speed equal no scoring equals no points. Get the friggin' lead out of your pants and skate!

I watched the first 2 periods and turned it off. There was nothing entertaining at all to that hockey game. I was at my son's PeeWee game before this game and the intensity level was way higher there. It reminded me of watching a Columbus Toronto matchup. Bad hockey being played by bith teams. No drive, no desire being shown, lots of turnovers and mistakes. Neither of the teams involved looked like top tier hockey teams, What happened to the speed and intensity this team played with in the first 2 months of the season? It was that speed and intensity, shift after shift that had us at the top of the league in points and scoring. No intensity and speed equal no scoring equals no points. Get the friggin' lead out of your pants and skate!

Agree, this team is deflated.

Eller must want to be traded because this is his longest most consistant effort I've seen in his career.

De La Rose impresses me more every game, and is the type of player the Habs need in the bottom 6, he is great defensively, and never fails to finish a check, this team misses that. He seems to do everything well out there except score goals, carries the puck well, enters opposition zone carrying the puck, and sets up line mates, I like this kid, and hope he isn't traded. There is more value to him to this team, than what he would bring in a trade me thinks.

Condon redeemed himself for that terrible goal.

Big time. He came up big late in the 3rd, a few times in the OT alone, and in the shootout. It's nice to see him have a good game, he was due for one.

And Markov plays 28 minutes again last night. Not that it matters anymore, but just saying.

Gilbert's injury had something to do with that; they played a good chunk of the game with 5 D's. In the OT, he also had to take a regular shift as despite his age/lack of speed, he's still a better 3-on-3 option than Emelin/Pateryn.

Guest Stogey24

Big time. He came up big late in the 3rd, a few times in the OT alone, and in the shootout. It's nice to see him have a good game, he was due for one.

Gilbert's injury had something to do with that; they played a good chunk of the game with 5 D's. In the OT, he also had to take a regular shift as despite his age/lack of speed, he's still a better 3-on-3 option than Emelin/Pateryn.

Pateryn played 12 min and Beaulieu 22. Each could have been given more ice time. Beaulieu was one the best D-men last night too

Pateryn played 12 min and Beaulieu 22. Each could have been given more ice time. Beaulieu was one the best D-men last night too

They could have flipped Beaulieu and Markov but Pateryn not so much. Do you really want him playing his off-side with Subban?

And for what it's worth, Pateryn played a lot more in the 3rd than he did before Gilbert went down. Beaulieu saw a big up-tick too.

Le Genius has said quite categorically that this is a grinding team. We have no need for speed and intensity. I think Le Genius is an idiot. Read Eric Engels article today on the Habs. He is spot on. Le Genius is not a good coach. He had a world all star goalie. Kinda like Sather having Gretz. Superstars cover up a lot of mistakes.

here is the link:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/three-mistakes-the-canadiens-made-that-lead-to-this-seasons-collapse/

A link to a Berkshire bit, sad and

please don't do that again.

He's gotten better, I think his new bosses at SportsLogiq/SN warned him. (Much like Randy Moeller in the Fox Sports broadcasts vs local radio).

I can tolerate fancy stats analysis if it comes together as a larger instructive narrative. Travis Yost does a great job of this at TSN. What I dislike is dogmatic writing that portends to be indisputable fact.

Le Genius has said quite categorically that this is a grinding team. We have no need for speed and intensity. I think Le Genius is an idiot. Read Eric Engels article today on the Habs. He is spot on. Le Genius is not a good coach. He had a world all star goalie. Kinda like Sather having Gretz. Superstars cover up a lot of mistakes.

here is the link:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/three-mistakes-the-canadiens-made-that-lead-to-this-seasons-collapse/

Sorry guys I thought the entire article was eric, obviously now it was not. But the points are valid.

• Upvote 1

Sorry guys I thought the entire article was eric, obviously now it was not. But the points are valid.

Another good piece by brooks, compares Habs fall after losing price to rangers after losing lundquist, as well as MT vs sub an.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/20/how-subban-therrien-battle-could-decide-canadiens-future/

IMO this is entirely on MT and the difference between the NYR performance and ours exposes MT's actual ability as a coach. Lineups without the goalies stack up well. Big difference is the coach.