Habs re-sign Byron

l<OV4L3V

He is an average coach, but after four years, his message is starting to be tuned out and a new message is needed.

a new set of eyes without preconcieved notions of how to use Galchenyuk, pacioretty, subban, DD, Emelin, Markov, Beaulieu etc... is also needed.

At a certain point, human nature hasn't allowed him to see the change in these players and he still utilizes them like its 2013.

None of this makes him a bad coach, just one who has outlived his lifespan.

I agree 100%.

You're talking about the realities of management in any field. These players badly need a new voice.

Therrien did a fine job for three seasons, but it's time for the team to move on from him.

BUT but but...well OK, most coaches seem to have a short shelf life and Therrien has never been a popular choice at all, bring on Crawford?

Is he the one most are OK with (for now), or is it Bouche that most want to see behind the bench?

dlbalr noted Jet assistant coach as option for Bergevin.

I really don't care, was never a huge Therrien fan, just couldn't understand why so many disliked him when team was near top of standings ever since he was hired and also liked to goad HR and rest of Therrien haters obviously.

But, no sense complaining now till late April, as he likely is a dead coach walking (but would it ever be 'interesting' if Bergevin gave him stay of execution and actually kept him on, so many HabFans would simply lose it :nuts:).

Wow now your just barking at everyone

What do you mean? Did you look? did you see who the the coach was? Here is a little secret It wasn't Le Genius. I could have coached that team to a cup, and I am no great shakes man.

BUT but but...well OK, most coaches seem to have a short shelf life and Therrien has never been a popular choice at all, bring on Crawford?

Is he the one most are OK with (for now), or is it Bouche that most want to see behind the bench?

I really don't care, was never a huge Therrien fan, just couldn't understand why so many disliked him when team was near top of standings ever since he was hired and also liked to goad HR and rest of Therrien haters obviously.

But, no sense complaining now till late April, as he likely is a dead coach walking (but would it ever be 'interesting' if Bergevin gave him stay of execution and actually kept him on, so many HabFans would simply lose it :nuts:).

I know Don and hey I love you. My point was always that he had no system that worked. No p/p, no offence, it is his history, look at it. Look at it, I did, He is a terrible coach. But he had Carey Price, as we now know ( i always knew) and even you as his biggest supporter have to admit that was it. We have had some fun with the back and forth but I said a while ago , I will be proved right. I think that if MB is crazy enough to keep him on, well I don't know what I might do. I will always be a Habs fan. But I will be disappointed.

Guest Stogey24

The team was at the top of the standings because of Carey Price. Not because of coaching.

Pitt still won a cup without Crosby. Can you imagine us winning anything without Price.

And Oilers won because of Gretzky, Pitt won because had Mario, Habs won because of Roy, so what is your point?

Pitt still won a cup without Crosby. Can you imagine us winning anything without Price.

You must mean a different Crosby than the one that lead the playoffs in goals scored when the Penguins won the Cup. Because it's not like you to ramble on without facts and logic.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

And Oilers won because of Gretzky, Pitt won because had Mario, Habs won because of Roy, so what is your point?

Look at the standings and you'll see my point. A team shouldn't go from first to a bottom feeder because they lose a player. Carey made a lot of people look really good.

To answer DON's question, I am obviously a Crawford supporter and would hire him in a minute IF Alain Vigneault or Claude Julien are not available. Looks like AV will be out of the running, given the Rags' recent hot streak. No to Boucher, a thousand times no.

Just to reiterate the case for Crawford:

1. Did a fine job with a shi**y Dallas roster and only got canned because the GM wanted to bring in his own guy

2. Likes his teams to play a speed- and offence-oriented system

3. His historic weak link has been a terrible eye for goalies; that won't apply here

4. He's experienced every extreme that a coach can go through in hockey - from the triumph of a Cup to the insanity of Bertuzzi and the horrible loss in Nagano, from great teams to putrid ones. This means that he has massive experience to draw from and will be ready for anything the crazy Montreal market can throw at him.

5. Has had consistently excellent results coaching in Europe.

We can hire him with confidence IMHO.

I have a bad, mostly inexplicable feeling that Grizzly Adams will tap Lefevbre, though, or some other 'internal' guy with whom he has a pre-existing connection. I sure hope this isn't the case.

• Upvote 1

Like Sabres post Hasek you mean Mr. Stogey, or maybe Aves with no Roy.

(and remove NHL MVP from a team that also had zero all-star forwards, what do you expect Therrien to do, suit up and score himself?)

I have a bad, mostly inexplicable feeling that Grizzly Adams will tap Lefevbre, though, or some other 'internal' guy with whom he has a pre-existing connection. I sure hope this isn't the case.

Yeah, I'm afraid of who he wants in his foxholes.

You lay out a good case for Crawford, and his pedigree and media savvy would fit well. A new playing style would be nice too, seems we've been defending for eons (though maybe that's what works with this group).

The team was at the top of the standings because of Carey Price. Not because of coaching.

When Carey Price put up a crappy .905 save percentage in 2012-13; they finished first in their division.

Again the idea that coaching did 0% and Price did 100% is massively flawed.

When Carey Price put up a crappy .905 save percentage in 2012-13; they finished first in their division.

Again the idea that coaching did 0% and Price did 100% is massively flawed.

And who was coaching? Oh Yes it was Le Genius. And where have gone since then? Downhill all the way. And I ask who won those games? Carey won 21 out of 29 wins. Fork why did we not trade him? The guy was useless. I will bet you having Peter Budaj on the team made all the difference.

Guest Stogey24

Like Sabres post Hasek you mean Mr. Stogey, or maybe Aves with no Roy.

(and remove NHL MVP from a team that also had zero all-star forwards, what do you expect Therrien to do, suit up and score himself?)

The team went on a stretch that was the worst in franchise history. You think that has nothing to do with coaching? How many nights did Price have to stand on his head for this team to win games? How long has the power play stunk up the joint, yet he still runs his baby boy Desharnais out there. The constant line juggling and doing things like running the third line on a 5min Powerplay, down a goal( that was only a few games ago) are baffling.

I seriously don't get how this guy still has supporters. The guy needs to check his ego at the door, because it gets in the way many a night. He needs to go back To RDS, where he can critique everything that's wrong with the Habs again.

The team went on a stretch that was the worst in franchise history. You think that has nothing to do with coaching? How many nights did Price have to stand on his head for this team to win games? How long has the power play stunk up the joint, yet he still runs his baby boy Desharnais out there. The constant line juggling and doing things like running the third line on a 5min Powerplay, down a goal( that was only a few games ago) are baffling. I seriously don't get how this guy still has supporters. The guy needs to check his ego at the door, because it gets in the way many a night. He needs to go back To RDS, where he can critique everything that's wrong with the Habs again.

Yes and he can then tell us how shitty PK is.

Get you facts straight, instead of just looking up useless stats, and rambling your own nonsense. Crosby was knocked out in the deciding game 7 and Malkin won mvp. If the habs lost price in that situation they would have been toast and folded like a cheap tent.

You must mean a different Crosby than the one that lead the playoffs in goals scored when the Penguins won the Cup. Because it's not like you to ramble on without facts and logic.

And who was coaching? Oh Yes it was Le Genius. And where have gone since then? Downhill all the way. And I ask who won those games? Carey won 21 out of 29 wins. Fork why did we not trade him? The guy was useless. I will bet you having Peter Budaj on the team made all the difference.

Thats not what I said.

I said that in 2013 his team finished in first place, and you can't say they were only there because of goaltending, because Price had a poor season that year.

But you just twist everything to say Therrien is shit...

Thats not what I said.

I said that in 2013 his team finished in first place, and you can't say they were only there because of goaltending, because Price had a poor season that year.

But you just twist everything to say Therrien is shit...

21 wins out of 29 games is a shit year? Hmmm I don't see it.