Is this some kind of joke? Canadiens Twitter Account

l<OV4L3V

why what is the issue or what happened?

The twitter account reached 1 million followers

Habs planned a celebration where if you tweeted them with a hastag #canadiensMTL1M they would send you a message.

Some of them were photoshops of your twitter handle on a habs jersey

Some were videos from a player saying "I heard you were a big fan, thanks for following the Habs"

The bot had no filters on it (or ineffective filters)

So it was making tweets to twitter names that were racist, vulgar, etc... putting those names on the jersey picture, etc..

To celebrate hitting 1 million followers on Twitter, the Habs would send a picture of a user's twitter handle on the back of a jersey as a thank you.

Except it was automated...

People, being terrible, took advantage and created a bunch of racist/shitty twitter handles.

Edit: ya, what he said ^

I find the Habs' twitter account to be a joke in and of itself most of the time. That they lacked the foresight to see this coming...when it has happened to other professional organizations before, is an even bigger joke.

It is amazing that an organization like THE MONTREAL CANADIENS could allow something this stupid to happen. I am sad now. :wall:

The company that was hired to run the twitter campaign and created the software for it has apologized.

http://www.flowics.com/7288-2/

Acknowledge, check.

Appologize, check.

Propose solutions/take measures to fix it, check.

Well done Flowics.