Who we gonna Draft?

habs rule

It will be interesting that is for sure. if we could just get these forking playoffs over with.

You realize that the draft doesn't come any faster regardless of when the playoffs end, right?

You realize that the draft doesn't come any faster regardless of when the playoffs end, right?

At least the media attention will zero in on trade and free agency rumours and draft coverage, instead of doing fluff pieces on whether thorntons beard is impeding his effectiveness.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I know but I am tired of this shit. Need something I care about. And it sure as hell has no shark and no fat penguin in it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I thought Juulsen was pretty free wheeling.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/06/07/nhl-mock-draft-auston-matthews-patrik-laine-jesse-puljujrvi/85575694/

I like Mr. Bean's game a lot and would make a good WHL d-pairing with RH-more defensive Juulsen and a LH-slick offensive kid in Bean; BUT not with better options likely available at 9.

No, haven't seen Juulsen going end to end and this year he had to defend much moreso, with several of offensive weapons (Sherbak and Nikolishin) gone. And he became know as more of a solid shut down d-man, than offensive threat like Bean is.

No, haven't seen Juulsen going end to end and this year he had to defend much moreso, with several of offensive weapons (Sherbak and Nikolishin) gone. And he became know as more of a solid shut down d-man, than offensive threat like Bean is.

Tough to say with Juulsen. His team took an offensive nosedive and he went with it. Of course, his year prior to being drafted as a rookie wasn't anything impressive either. He's either a one year wonder we rolled the dice on or he could hit the AHL next year and impress.

Juulsen is too young till AHL till 17-18 season, he just turned 19 in April, so will be WHL again next year.

52points in 68 gms in his draft year is very good for a d-man.

So, I doubt Habs have soured on him at all and maybe he will get a taste of AHL playoffs next year? Just need IceCaps to make the friggin playoffs first.

NHLers; 3- Galchenyuk, 5-Price, 12-McDonagh, 17-Beaulieu, 22-Pacioretty, 25-McCarron

vs 1st round flops; 18-Leblanc, 20-Fischer, 27&57 Tinordi

Scherbak-Juulsen who knows?

A 9th pick should be a good one.

• Upvote 1

I have a bad feeling that some guys that we'd have wanted will go #7 and #8; it would have been nice to tank a little harder at the end there :bonk:

Sergachyov and Nylander I could get excited for; Jost, Keller and Chychrun I'm less sure about. But at this point I know very little about all of these guys and I have to trust that Timmins will not miss, and hope that someone picking earlier will.

I have a bad feeling that some guys that we'd have wanted will go #7 and #8; it would have been nice to tank a little harder at the end there :bonk:

Sergachyov and Nylander I could get excited for; Jost, Keller and Chychrun I'm less sure about. But at this point I know very little about all of these guys and I have to trust that Timmins will not miss, and hope that someone picking earlier will.

And of course... LastWordonSports website also has a scouting report and video compilation for each top prospect.

I think Chychrun & Jost are solid options and just seems Keller is a smaller version of Jost.

So what are the chances that Sergachyov has been doping since he was in nappies, 95%?

I knew a kid in high school who was 5'10", 200lbs of solid muscle, kid hardly worked out and definitely could not afford steroids. He just had incredible genes.

It can happen. It's rare but it can happen. Don't remember what happened to him. Probably too short to play football beyond Canadian college.

Guest Stogey24

Of course Button has Keller that high. He went on a rant on that Leafs lunch awhile ago about how small players are undervalued

I knew a kid in high school who was 5'10", 200lbs of solid muscle, kid hardly worked out and definitely could not afford steroids. He just had incredible genes.

It can happen. It's rare but it can happen. Don't remember what happened to him. Probably too short to play football beyond Canadian college.

Thanks man! I used to eat AKO Fratmen, :wall:

Of course Button has Keller that high. He went on a rant on that Leafs lunch awhile ago about how small players are undervalued

Is true, they are by vast majority of us "hockey experts". :tumbleweed:

hey I just came across this tool to predict the probability of players being available at certain positions.

It works by comparing the different, blaw blaw blaw's, and cross referencing a parabola of blaw blaw blaw's with some other bullshit.

Anyways....The end result is a nice shinny percentage..... I just thought you guys would find it interesting.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/06/08/nhl-draft-probability-tool/

hey I just came across this tool to predict the probability of players being available at certain positions.

It works by comparing the different, blaw blaw blaw's, and cross referencing a parabola of blaw blaw blaw's with some other bullshit.

Anyways....The end result is a nice shinny percentage..... I just thought you guys would find it interesting.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/06/08/nhl-draft-probability-tool/

https://public.tableau.com/views/Draft2016/Players?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&:showTabs=y&:showVizHome=no

similar/same deal.

(sorry is same, ignore my link)

From Friedman's 30 thoughts:

2. After the NHL Scouting Combine, the Columbus Blue Jackets invited several prospects to Ohio for more in-depth interviews. Among them: Jake Bean, Logan Brown, Clayton Keller, Jesse Puljujarvi and Matthew Tkachuk.

The Blue Jackets are picking third. Puljujarvi is right there. Tkachuk is close. Brown (who also visited the St. Louis Blues) is in the next wave. Bean and Keller are going high, although where depends on who you are talking to.

No doubt the Blue Jackets are covering all their bases, but you can’t help but wonder what all of this means. At the very least, GM Jarmo Kekalainen is making it interesting.

5. Another team testing the possibility of moving up: Montreal. The Canadiens pick ninth.

Bergevin trades down with Philly at 18th Overall to draft Julien Gauthier. They pick up Phillys 48th O/A pick in the process as well as maybe Phillys 188th O/A pick.

Philly selects Logan Brown.