Who we gonna Draft?

habs rule

Jost is a great young player too but we have enough of these 200 foot players between Pleks, Eller, Danault, De La Rose, Byron, and even Pacioretty.

What we need is raw offensive upside of the top 6 potential, and at 9th, that forward is Keller, and on Defense, that man is Sergachev. If either of them are on the board that is the real choice in my book, their choice is they want that offensive skill set to be in the top 6 forwards or the top 4 dmen.

Sergachev could be our next decade's Markov, and Keller has Kane and Gaudreau comparasions all over him, can we really go wrong here?

Jost is a great young player too but we have enough of these 200 foot players between Pleks, Eller, Danault, De La Rose, Byron, and even Pacioretty.

What we need is raw offensive upside of the top 6 potential, and at 9th, that forward is Keller, and on Defense, that man is Sergachev. If either of them are on the board that is the real choice in my book, their choice is they want that offensive skill set to be in the top 6 forwards or the top 4 dmen.

Sergachev could be our next decade's Markov, and Keller has Kane and Gaudreau comparasions all over him, can we really go wrong here?

I don't pay much attention to undrafted players, and so have no opinion on whom we should draft, but I like the way you think. This organization needs explosive offensive talent, even if that talent comes with question marks in other areas of the game. The Habs have long seemed like a team that prioritizes two-way guys, though.

Timmins understandably upbeat comments;

“When you pick in Top 10, there’s a lot more pressure that goes with it. You have to hit on this pick and there are a lot more higher-ranked players available there. It’s exciting. It’s like when you’re going to buy a new car and you have the ability to pick a Ferrari or a Lamborghini instead of a truck,” cracked Timmins, whose last Top 10 pick came back in 2012 when he selected Alex Galchenyuk in the No. 3 spot. “What I mean is that when you pick somewhere between 20 and 30, you might get someone who’ll become a third line player. He still could be a workhorse, though. You could hit a home run and get a forward who could play on the top two lines, or even a Top 4 defenseman. Now, we’re looking at a player who could play as a Top 6 forward or a Top 3 defenseman.”

Just curious, I don't follow the prospects as closely as most of you do, but assuming we keep our #9 pick, if we had a choice between a Clayton Keller, Logan Brown or Tyson Jost who do you think we should take?

I would take

Nylander

Jost

Keller

Sergachev

Juolevi

Brown

Chychrun

Bean

McLeod

• Upvote 1

Damn... I would like Keller at #9, but wouldn't be disappointed in Sergachev, he sounds like a steal at #9, not that "instant top 6" that everybody hopes and prays for, but at least for the long term benefit of the organization.

Overall, you guys think the Habs are weak on D prospects more than forward prospects?

I think Jost has raw offensive talent.... Don't discount that just because he also plays a 200 foot game.

You don't get 15 points at the Under 18 by accident (after dominating two other international tournaments as well).

Edmonton ain't taking Juolevi 4th o/a.

They'll trade down a few spots or they are taking Tkachuk or Dubois who both rank higher then any dmen by almost every analyst

http://www.habsworld.net/2016/06/2016-habsworld-draft-pool/

Make sure you put in your mock draft and show up Norm and Brian by predicting how it will actually play out. :youpi:

It is scary they actually think Logan Brown to Habs...I took Jost but more cause 'I' prefer him and kinda hope he is chosen. I think DuBois will go 4 (simply because he has played some centre and didn't play on a stacked team like Tkchuk did) instead of the Finn, but not necessarily to Oilers.

Interesting that you have Brown that low. I've read some negative comments about Brown being lazy but many of the mock drafts have us taking him at #9. He would not be my first pick at 9. I like most of your choices at 9 over Brown.

As the game seemingly gets faster and faster every year, I think size is becoming less important. Brown obviously has skill, but I doubt he would rank that high if it weren't for his size. I'd much rather trade up to try and get a goal-scoring winger, which is what we actually need.

• Upvote 1

As the game seemingly gets faster and faster every year, I think size is becoming less important. Brown obviously has skill, but I doubt he would rank that high if it weren't for his size. I'd much rather trade up to try and get a goal-scoring winger, which is what we actually need.

You are perceptive, my friend. The MOAR BIGGER philosophy will count for less and less going forward, I believe (although obviously you do need some size).

You are perceptive, my friend. The MOAR BIGGER philosophy will count for less and less going forward, I believe (although obviously you do need some size).

Hmmm a good big man will always beat a good small man.

You need skill.

If you have size you need to know how to utilize it. That's what separates the Chara's from the Scott's.

Being big and slow used to be fine because the style of NHL play allowed big guys to clutch and grab. That was a skill. It's no longer a skill. It's more important to know how to get the puck out of your zone or carry the puck in the opposing zone.

You put Kane and Gaudreau and Johnson on a line and they will rip it up. Size can't stop them. It takes similar level defensive talent to stop them.

Right. Speed and skill beat size and no speed/skill. That didn't used to be the case.

That said, only a nut would deny that size + speed + skill isn't better than speed and skill alone.

Right. Speed and skill beat size and no speed/skill. That didn't used to be the case.

That said, only a nut would deny that size + speed + skill isn't better than speed and skill alone.

What's the consensus on Brown's skating? With these guys, I often hear "good for their size," which is fine except opponents aren't going to take their size into account and politely slow down for them.

CC, X-Large + skill + speed is a unicorn. Average size +speed +skill is a Matthews-Eichel-McDavid-Tavares and elite is bit hard to come by.

CC, X-Large + skill + speed is a unicorn. Average size +speed +skill is a Matthews-Eichel-McDavid-Tavares and elite is bit hard to come by.

Yeah, well, I tend to agree. Which is why, in a pinch, I would definitely prioritize speed and skill over size. The 'skates well for his size' stuff, as ForumGhost notes, can be an ambiguous compliment.