Habs @ Kings 10:30 PM EST

Montreal continues their disappointing Western swing with Carey Price all but guaranteeing he will play a game before the season is over and won't play the IIHF hockey championship due to a baby being born around April.

Yay to Price returning! Boo to no playoffs.

The Canadiens were trounced by the Kings 3-0 in December with only 17 stops by Condon. Quick made 45 for the shutout, back when the Habs took a lot of weak shots and everyone thought some were going to go in eventually.

Kris Versteeg makes his debut for the Kings.

Scrivens will be in net. Will update lines when reported. Probably:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - McCarron - Galchenyuk

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Matteau - De la Rose - Brown

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Pateryn

Barberio - Ellis

Scrivens

Lucic - Kopitar - Toffoli

Pearson - Carter - Versteeg

Brown - Lecavalier - Lewis

King - Shore - Clifford

Scuderi - Doughty

Muzzin - Martinez

McNabb - Schenn

Quick

Whenever I hear about a hockey player having a kid or look at the names of junior hockey players, there's always a ton of Hunter's.

Yeah, he's from out west too, he'll probably name him something awful like Trig or Track à la Sarah Palin. Or Tanner, what a terrible (and terribly common) name.

Yeah, he's from out west too, he'll probably name him something awful like Trig or Track à la Sarah Palin. Or Tanner, what a terrible (and terribly common) name.

Someone I went to grade school almost named their kid Hunter, when that was their maternal last name. Meaning her kid could call himself Hunter Hunter.

The Canadiens were trounced by the Kings 3-0 in December with only 17 stops by Condon. Quick made 45 for the shutout, back when the Habs took a lot of weak shots and everyone thought some were going to go in eventually.

hahahaha

Remember that game, remember that I found that our offense was really good, remember that I gave credit to Quick for several great saves.

Also remember that you thought most of our shots were not from the slot.

I remember that I disagreed with you on that and was backed by another guy coming up with a statistic of some kind about our slot scoring chances. (being a statistic reference, my money would go on Commandant)

Anyway, I have Quick in my fantasy Pool so I hope he'll get the nod tonight and win. That would help or draft position and my pool.

Guest Stogey24

If the baby's a boy, what will Carey name him? Max or PK? Stéphane or Michel?

Wouldn't be surprised if Therrien has a son named David

oh boy, did Mike Brown seriously just get in the line up at the expense of an offensive player like Andrighetto?

I guess we have been scoring so many goals of late that we could use more grinders in the line up, its not like Mike Brown can't go down in shootout and roof it under the bar the way Andrighetto did in his last 2 shootouts right? Maybe Andrighetto couldn't be used on the second line right now while Eller plays on the 3rd because we rather have wide open nets missed during the game right?....guys?....anyone?..

didn't think so either

They picked up Brown so McCarron wouldn't have to fight.

They sat brown one game. Guess what happened? McCarron had to fight.

that was the first fight we have seen involving this team in how long? How long has it been since this team was a viable offensive threat for any stretch? Does Brown or Andrighetto in the line up achieve a greater chance of that happening, because that is ultimately the swap in personnel that took place.

Andrighetto certainly wasn't playing poorly enough to get scratched anyway

It is exhibition season now, isn't it, goals are bit irrelevent? Eller miss was obviously intentional, directive from the top, whoever gets a GWG will be in pressbox for rest of March!

I'm disappointed that Lessio continues to sit. They didn't send him down to retain AHL eligibility (they reportedly did with paper moves with Ellis, McCarron, and de la Rose) and they're not playing him. Giving youngsters the odd night off isn't necessarily a bad thing but giving one several consecutive games off (and counting) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It is exhibition season now, isn't it, goals are bit irrelevent? Eller miss was obviously intentional, directive from the top, whoever gets a GWG will be in pressbox for rest of March!

we lack scoring, we should have Andrighetto in the line up, if it is indeed an exhibition season now we should still have our promising young players in the line up, like Andrighetto.

Went to the game yesterday and I'll be there again tonight. Scrivens vs Quick should be an interesting battle of goalies who never give up on the play. Looking forward to tonight's game a little more than the Ducks game.

GHG

• Upvote 1

Montreal continues their disappointing Western swing with Carey Price all but guaranteeing he will play a game before the season is over and won't play the IIHF hockey championship due to a baby being born around April.

Yay to Price returning! Boo to no playoffs.

Kris Versteeg makes his debut for the Kings.

Scrivens will be in net. Will update lines when reported. Probably:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - McCarron - Galchenyuk

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Matteau - De la Rose - Brown

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Pateryn

Barberio - Ellis

Scrivens

Lucic - Kopitar - Toffoli

Pearson - Carter - Versteeg

Brown - Lecavalier - Lewis