Charles Hudon - Tomas Plekanec - Paul Byron

Jacob De La Rose - Michael McCarron - Torrey Mitchell

Lucas Lessio - Phillip Danault - Mike Brown

Andrei Markov - Mark Barberio

Alexei Emelin - Greg Pateryn

Victor Bartley - Darren Dietz

Mike Condon

Ben Scrivens

Injured: P.K. Subban (neck), Lars Eller (flu), Stefan Matteau (lower body), Nathan Beaulieu (lower body), Carey Price (lower body), David Desharnais (broken left foot), Brendan Gallagher (lower body), Daniel Carr (knee), Jeff Petry (abdomen), Brian Flynn (lower body), Tom Gilbert (left knee).

I wonder how many minutes Markov's going to get tonight. He may wind up around 28-30 simply out of necessity.

I'm intrigued to see how Dietz fares in his debut. It was pretty clear that Therrien didn't trust Ellis by the end of the Winnipeg game; will Dietz be able to earn his trust?

Hope it entertaining game at least and not a boring trap special.

Very curious to see how Hudon & Dietz play and will they see much icetime?

That was ugly from Condon on the 1st goal. I like that he went out to play the puck - he needs to work at that - but don't throw it up the middle. When in doubt, put it to the side and scramble back.

McCarron's not having a great start thus far. He got burned on the 2nd goal in particular. Growing pains...

The Habs don't have a whole lot of jump tonight which is a bit disappointing. With so many youngsters trying to make an impression, I was expecting a bit more hustle. I'm not saying I expect a win (given their lineup, not many would) but I was expecting more than they've shown so far tonight.

The main reasons we are losing:

1. Minnesota is playing with more energy because their playoff dream is still alive.

2. Dubnyk was good, Condon was not.

And Markov has idiot moments like that turnover on the EN goal far too often anymore...ffs

The only reason I'm watching the games at this point is to enjoy the tear #27 has been on, and I didn't even get a measure of satisfaction in that regard tonight.

It wasn't Condon's best night but it comes back to the fact that when you only score one goal in a game, it's really hard to win.

Dietz had a decent debut. I think he fared better than Ellis did in his few games.

A wretched game from an entertainment point of view.

Not having watched for a little while, due to other commitments, general busy-ness, and distaste for this debacle of a season, I was surprised at how much clutching and grabbing seemed to be going on. I know the Habs are a stinko matchup, but maybe the NHL needs to revisit its entertainment value. We hit a peak a few seasons ago and it's been slowly degrading ever since.

What the hell is this team going to do about forwards next year? None of these kids project to be top-6 by then. Andrighetto is a fine plug, as is Hudon, but they're all basically interchangeable. Phillip Danault is a fat pile of meh. Are they banking on signing a UFA? We know after this year that Therrien can't change tactics to bring more offense; he should have lost his job for that in January.

Mike Brown been one of the best forwads tonight

you do know that is very depressing. I did not get to watch the game so I can't really comment. But what the hell why don't we bring the all star up?

you do know that is very depressing. I did not get to watch the game so I can't really comment. But what the hell why don't we bring the all star up?

Brown's a better fit for this roster, it's as simple as that. Scott is two steps slow in the minors while Brown is a strong skater. Given that the Habs have quite a few quicker skaters in their bottom six now, it's better to have someone flanking them that can at least somewhat keep up with them.

20:13 for Galchenyuk and 20:07 Pateryn nice.

Dietz (13:01), Hudon (14:26) with good icetime as well.

Markov 26minutes and Barberio 25.

At a minimum Mgmt is getting a good viewing of prospects for next year.

Who will centre 3rd line next season? Desharnais, Danault, de la Rose, Eller or McCarron?

What the hell is this team going to do about forwards next year? None of these kids project to be top-6 by then. Andrighetto is a fine plug, as is Hudon, but they're all basically interchangeable. Phillip Danault is a fat pile of meh. Are they banking on signing a UFA? We know after this year that Therrien can't change tactics to bring more offense; he should have lost his job for that in January.

Well, we've got Max/Galy/Gally/Pleks - although I have doubts about Pleks myself - as guys that most teams would pencil in as top-6 FWs. That leaves us two short. I can see MB signing a UFA FW and then hoping Gehtto/Lessio can fill in as the 6th forward. (I'm no scout, but Lessio looks to me like top-6 material, and I know that he has that in his c.v., having finished 4th overall in AHL scoring; what he needs to find is consistency).

If that doesn't work, and assuming the team is back to its NHL top-10 ways next year, expect Grizzly Adams to acquire a 6th FW at the deadline, or else (sigh) try DD as W in that role.

So I'm not TOO worried. Only 'sort of' worried Can MB sign the necessary UFA at a reasonable rate? Is Pleks truly on the downward slope into bottom-6 territory? Will our 'fill in' 6th FW work out? Time will tell, as it always does.

The team also needs either that Beaulieu takes a big step up and supplants Markov as the top LD, or else needs to acquire a top-4 LD. Markov needs to be driven down the depth chart, is the point.

These are not catastrophic weaknesses. But they are important ones.

Guest Stogey24

Danault is completely lost in his own end. I don't see him being that defensive shut-down centre.

You'd think Hudon would be hungry getting called up, but he's just Another small bottom 6 player.

Team of farm players and not one gave a shit to be up playing with the big team. That's a bit scary.

The NHLers on the team don't give a crap either, that is the bigger problem. Last night they stunk. I think overall the young players have been pretty good. No top end talent, but decent.