Mar. 19, Habs vs Senators, 7 PM

dlbalr

It was announced yesterday that P.K. Subban won't play this upcoming weekend. So while many fans are disappointed that they won't be able to see the Subbanator in action, they'll get to see the next best thing tonight against the Sens: The Scrivenator.

Now, you may think that there are no similarities between the two that would allow Scrivens to be granted the usage of the suffix 'ator' but you would be wrong. Just think, when the puck is on Subban's stick, does your heart start to pump slightly harder in anticipation of what's about to happen? Then think of Scrivens. When the puck is on his stick, your heart probably starts to pump harder as well...out of fear of what's about to happen but it beats harder all the same.

Tune in tonight at 7 PM on Sportsnet and TVA Sports for plenty of heart-pumping action...or to see Scott Gomez play one more time, whatever works for you.

• Upvote 2

It was announced yesterday that P.K. Subban won't play this upcoming weekend. So while many fans are disappointed that they won't be able to see the Subbanator in action, they'll get to see the next best thing tonight against the Sens: The Scrivenator.

Now, you may think that there are no similarities between the two that would allow Scrivens to be granted the usage of the suffix 'ator' but you would be wrong. Just think, when the puck is on Subban's stick, does your heart start to pump slightly harder in anticipation of what's about to happen? Then think of Scrivens. When the puck is on his stick, your heart probably starts to pump harder as well...out of fear of what's about to happen but it beats harder all the same.

Tune in tonight at 7 PM on Sportsnet and TVA Sports for plenty of heart-pumping action...or to see Scott Gomez play one more time, whatever works for you.

I love everything about this post, Brian-ator, except the last bit. Gomez! Bleeeech

Somehow Ottawa felt that Gomez was the best replacement available with Turris out. They announced the injury on deadline day; I'm sure they could have picked someone better up for next to nothing rather than trot Gomez out there.

Two lineup changes for the Habs from the Buffalo game, Dietz is back up and will replace Barberio while Matteau is in for de la Rose (healthy scratch).

I'm going to miss this one. I take my fiancee out to a game a year (what a guy) and her hometown team Detroit is in Sunrise.

I'd like to see this one, there's probably going to be some fights. At this point in a lost season the fights are the only entertaining part of the game.

Maybe Neil vs Brown, another "classic bout."

Agree daprocess in the defensive zone sucks, but these guys never shoot when they have a chance, they wait to hit shin pads, too many passes and not enough conviction about going to the net.

No need to watch the 3rd is there?

The game is starting to get a bit chippy. If you're into the rough stuff, there may be something in that regard.

John Scott still waiting for that call...how many more games until they're mathematically removed?

John Scott still waiting for that call...how many more games until they're mathematically removed?

The Habs have only one regular recall left between now and the end of the season. They're not wasting it on a side show. It'll go to one of Hudon, Holloway, or Dumont (who has some extra guaranteed money in his deal beyond his AHL salary).

Montreal can still get to 92 points so it'll be a little while yet before they're mathematically out. The Leafs aren't mathematically out yet (they will be early next week though).

Should I be hoping for the sens who at least hope to make the dance? :blush:

Never, my son said that and I made him wash his mouth out with soap?

MB-"Hey! Nothing to see here, I'm ok with it, Carey Price is out. Did you hear me? We lost the best player in the National Hockey League...well, I said they had to find a way to win without Carey Price, and did they? No, I didn't think so? Michel? Michel is a foxhole quality guy...this is on me, and he WONT be fired this year. Players? It's very hard to get players in this league, very hard to make trades. Top-6? Top-6 costs Carey Price. The whole reason we're where we are is Carey being out. Let's face it, I'm the only competent French GM this side of Cote St Luc, and you ers would fill the arena with 19 Brian Flynn's in the lineup, so just be grateful."

Bartley was seen in a walking boot after the game. That means Ellis is probably on his way back up for tomorrow. If not him, Joel Hanley is probably next on the list to get a look. Condon's going to be a busy goalie tomorrow - speaking of which, who wants to get the GDT?

3 SHG. Just so we remember when things seem bad in the future.