Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

Yea, looking at the lineup we have improved but there's still a lot of work to do. For me I think you want a middle 6 LW that can at least start the season at 2nd line LW, a tough to play against 3rd C to replace Desharnais, and a mobile PMD to replace Emelin. I doubt they fill all 3 of those but if they can at least do 1 more before the season it would be a plus. The rest you can maybe fix in season either by a young kid stepping up (Hudon/Lehkonen) or trade deadline with our 5x 2nd round picks in next 2 drafts.

Really? So exactly who are these middle 6 LW, top 4 d-man and 3rd line centre you are picking up, remember there is a cap.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

****** - Plekanec - Gallagher

Carr - DD - Shaw

Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Extra: Flynn

*********** = Shipachyov; or more likely, a competition of Lehkonen, Reway, Scherbak, Andrghetto, and Hudon.

Carr - DD - Shaw

*********** = Shipachyov; or more likely, a competition of Lehkonen, Reway, Scherbak, Andrghetto, and Hudon.

Is that Shipachyov actually still on the market?

If reports of the relative decline in Weber's mobility are to be believed, along with the empirically-demonstrable fact that he is miles away from the possession/transition beast that Subban was, then one thing is apparent from these depth-charts: Nathan Beaulieu is now an extremely important part of our defence corps. We can't play Weber with Markov like we did Subban, so Beaulieu by default becomes the #2 d-man and principal or co-principal possession/transition driver. It'll be interesting to see whether he's up to the task, or whether Dumb has sufficient faith in him to use him in that role over Markov.

Carr - DD - Shaw

That gaping hole in the LW on the second line concerns me. DD still being on the team also concerns me...he's garbage.

Carr - DD - Shaw

If there's no LW acquisition, then I'd like to see Hudon play that wing. I don't think guys like Lehkonen, Reway and Scherbak are ready.

I see Carr in that slot, myself.

Again, the real question is - is Beaulieu ready to be a no. 2 defenceman and drive the possession and transition game? The degree to which the team goes from 'sort-of contender' and enters the 'inner circle' of hard-core contenders may ultimately hinge on that.

If there's no LW acquisition, then I'd like to see Hudon play that wing. I don't think guys like Lehkonen, Reway and Scherbak are ready.

Lehkonen has done more at the pro level than Hudon.

The SHL isn't easy, and IMO is just as good as the AHL.

I could see Hudon getting traded

The 2 guys that need to get traded the most were DD and Emelin. Naturally they are still here,

FW

Lehkonen- Plekanec - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Danault - Shaw

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

DeLaRose

Reway

Carr

Lessio

Beaulieau Weber

Markov Petry

Barberio Pateryn

Redmond

hanley

Price

Montoya

Codon

The 2 guys that need to get traded the most were DD and Emelin. Naturally they are still here,

:D

I guess they're 'great in the locker room' and kiss Dumb's ass...who cares how they are on the ice, or how bad their contracts are :bonk:

Isn't shaw also Center? NHL.com lists shaw as a Center. Couldn't we conceivably trade emelin for yak and DD for a case of gatoraid?

Flip yak to LW and have an all Russian line of Yak, chucky, radulov?

Isn't shaw also Center? NHL.com lists shaw as a Center. Couldn't we conceivably trade emelin for yak and DD for a case of gatoraid?

Shaw can play all three forward positions. He's most effective at RW

Also that would be 2 Russians and 1 American.

Shaw can play all three forward positions. He's most effective at RW

Also that would be 2 Russians and 1 American.

What are the chances they think Sergachev is NHL ready?

Sergachev Weber

Beaulieu Petry

Markov Pateryn

Barberio Redmond

What are the chances they think Sergachev is NHL ready?

Sergachev Weber

Beaulieu Petry

Markov Pateryn

Barberio Redmond

10%

Timmins said Sergachev is physically ready for the NHL.

Probably figuring higher then 10%

Maybe you are hoping he makes it? Not many 18 yr old d-men make the jump well, Ekblad was seemless and played lots of minutes. Seth Jones did OK, but wouldn't of hurt him one bit to stay amateur one more year.

Again, why not let him play 30minutes/game, possibly play in Memorial cup, play in world juniors, instead of playing limied role and minutes in Montreal and being made to look like a pylon but stonger faster NHL forwards.

His defensive game (they say) is in need of improvement and NHL is not a development league, where they can devote a lot of time to help youngsters fine tune their game, especially in the toughest skating position, with much more to learn than forwards.

Maybe you are hoping he makes it? Not many 18 yr old d-men make the jump well, Ekblad was seemless and played lots of minutes. Seth Jones did OK, but wouldn't of hurt him one bit to stay amateur one more year.

Again, why not let him play 30minutes/game, possibly play in Memorial cup, play in world juniors, instead of playing limied role and minutes in Montreal and being made to look like a pylon but stonger faster NHL forwards.

His defensive game (they say) is in need of improvement and NHL is not a development league, where they can devote a lot of time to help youngsters fine tune their game, especially in the toughest skating position, with much more to learn than forwards.

No I don't hope he does. Just saying based on Timmins comments that Montreal's management probably believes it's a greater then 10% chanc3

I think it would depend on what flavor. :nuts: