Danault - Mitchell - Weise

Flynn

Beaulieu - Subban

Markov - Petry

Barbeiro - Pateryn

UFA

Price

Condon

That would be a solid line up for sure. Weise would be having a pitty party being on the fourth line though. Guy keeps thinking he's back in Holland

Still think lehkonan and or reway will find there way to the NHL.

Reway? Not a chance.

Lehkonen said he was glad to have SHL contract in Sweden for next year, so maybe he will have another year in the SHL. Which really wont hurt his development as he is only 20 and not as big as de la Rose, so another two summers in weight room/training also wont hurt his chances when he is done with SHL.

And if they do that's great. But you can't leave space for them. You have to fill the holes.

Yep. Any configuration that includes a raw rookie in a top-6 role, or a top-4 role on D, isn't worth taking seriously.

JGC21's roster is probably unrealistic - it requires too many things to go right in terms of trades and UFA signings - but it looks pretty sweet to me.

Right now I would probably want:

Ladd - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Shipachyov - Andrighetto

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Flynn

Beaulieu - Subban

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Training Camp Veteran D who will usually sit in the press box

Price

Former Starter who will take a cheap contract to back up Price (Hiller, Backstrom, Ward, Reimer)

Flynn

Beaulieu - Subban

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Price

Former Starter who will take a cheap contract to back up Price (Hiller, Backstrom, Ward, Reimer)

So Condon wasn't a good rookie goalie and will be a fine back up in his 2nd year?

So Condon wasn't a good rookie goalie and will be a fine back up in his 2nd year?

Condon did the best he could but it's clear that if this team wants to be a Stanley Cup contender, we can't risk everything on Carey Price. I wanted Bergevin to acquire a veteran goalie when Price went down and instead he got Scrivens. Careful what you wish for I guess. With Price's injury history we need somebody that can win games with a .910+ save percentage average. Condon can spend time in the AHL. He's still young. If we lose him next summer because we put him in the A, it's not a huge loss. Fucale will be closer to the NHL by then.

I want nothing to slow with Hillier. Have you watched any flames games? Reimer as a UFA is going to be looking for term and starter money and will probably get it. Backstrom has been injured - not sure injury insurance I want.

I think Radulov to avs is a done deal.

Flynn

Beaulieu - Subban

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Pateryn

Price

Condon did a good job in a very difficult situation. He will be the back up.

Isnt he AK46`s drinking buddy?

They missed a curfew by 15 minutes.

If you don't like Radulov you could replace him with Okposo. Either way we need two top six forwards, we need to get rid of the $7 million dollar man (Eller and DD combined) and need to ship Emelin to Siberia.

They missed a curfew by 15 minutes.

If you don't like Radulov you could replace him with Okposo. Either way we need two top six forwards, we need to get rid of the $7 million dollar man (Eller and DD combined) and need to ship Emelin to Siberia.

This. Shipping the 3 amigos (Eller, Desharnais, Emelin) out of town saves us $11M against the cap and we can fill the holes they leave behind with 2 real top six forwards and a bottom pairing d-man - all via free agency. I won't be happy until those 3 are gone.

JGC21's roster is probably unrealistic - it requires too many things to go right in terms of trades and UFA signings - but it looks pretty sweet to me.

You're probably right... my intent was to create my dream lineup based somewhat on the plausibility that MB *could* sign Stamkos and another top quality UFA forward, and pull the trigger on the long rumoured Yakupov-Emelin trade. Adding Weise is gravy.

Reway? Not a chance.

Lehkonen said he was glad to have SHL contract in Sweden for next year, so maybe he will have another year in the SHL. Which really wont hurt his development as he is only 20 and not as big as de la Rose, so another two summers in weight room/training also wont hurt his chances when he is done with SHL.

MB confirms he's currently in negotiations with both reway and lehtkonan... Reway looking for deal in place prior to start of worlds...

MB confirms he's currently in negotiations with both reway and lehtkonan... Reway looking for deal in place prior to start of worlds...

Reway...slim chance. :popcorn:

He will want a guaranteed chunk of cash, spot on team and not AHL salary.

Lehkonen I assume will be offered a NHL deal which allows him to return to SHL if not ready.

Would be interesting to see both get deal though.

Reway...slim chance. :popcorn:

He will want a guaranteed chunk of cash, spot on team and not AHL salary.

Lehkonen I assume will be offered a NHL deal which allows him to return to SHL if not ready.

Would be interesting to see both get deal though.

He will need to sign an ELC contract no matter what. His "guaranteed chunk of cash" ie signing bonus is going to be limited to the framework of ELCs under the CBA. His "not AHL salary" is not possible, this must be a two way contract.

The things you think he'll be asking for aren't even possible under the CBA. If he's negotiating, then his agent knows he's never gonna get a guaranteed spot on the team nor a signing bonus that is some extravagant amount.

I'm fine with Europeans going back home if they don't make the NHL team. I don't care for them making up BS reasons to leave (Nygren) when they already committed but to force them to play in the ECHL or AHL just to make the team when there's more competitive leagues closer to home? I get it. Once they hit 24 though they have to make a choice. Guys like Emelin and Kuznetzov did that. I'm cool with that.

With Lehkonen almost signed on dotted line, where will he fit? 3rd line seems to be it, but with so many bottom six guys it is darn crowded, unless Bergevin plans on moving out one or more of them.\

Danault-Lehkonen-de la Rose might be a good young 3rd line.

With Lehkonen almost signed on dotted line, where will he fit? 3rd line seems to be it, but with so many bottom six guys it is darn crowded, unless Bergevin plans on moving out one or more of them.\

Danault-Lehkonen-de la Rose might be a good young 3rd line.

I wouldn't have de la Rose anywhere near the NHL roster right now. He was barely good enough to play fourth line minutes when the team had a ton of injuries, he shouldn't be able to play more than that with a fully healthy team with designs on winning.