Habs vs Wings 7:30

Guest Stogey24

Guest Stogey24

CANADIENS (34-34-6) at RED WINGS (36-26-11)

TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, FS-D, NHLN, SNE, RDS

Season series: The Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens split their first two games with each team winning at home. Detroit forward Darren Helms scored two goals, including the game-winner, and goalie Petr Mrazek made 23 saves in the Red Wings' 3-2 victory at Joe Louis Arena on Dec. 10

HABS

Max-Chuck-Byron

Lars-Plek-Mitchell

Matteau-Desharnais-mccarron

Lessio-DLR-Brown

Markov-Emelin

Beaulieu-Pateryn

Hanley-Dietz

Scrivens

I say 9th pick or 12th pick. What's the damn difference. There are a lot of division games between now and next year. Let's play spoiler and teach the youngsters how to win in Montreal. I'm not gonna cry about losses but I wanna win. Always.

I say 9th pick or 12th pick. What's the damn difference. There are a lot of division games between now and next year. Let's play spoiler and teach the youngsters how to win in Montreal. I'm not gonna cry about losses but I wanna win. Always.

I don't want Detroits playoff streak to broken tbh

Yeehaw! All must be thrilled to see Desharnais (or as Therrien calls him "Davie") back in the lineup today and playing with McCarron-Matteau.

Screw Wings playoff chances!

Go habs Go!

That has to be the most butt-ugly RW configuration since the Houle era. Maybe the worst EVER for this organization.

I actually want Detroit's streak to end. I get that the Wings are an excellent organization, but I've felt for a long time that they've ridden what is basically a ridiculous quotient of luck. (Admittedly, they may have earned this luck after the Konstantinov horror, but it's still luck all the same). They drafted two franchise players in the nether regions of the draft, and those guys have anchored them ever since. Full credit for drafting them, but come on; the odds of this happening are microscopic, and had they known that Zetterberg and Datsyuk were going to be what they became, they'd have picked them sooner. Meanwhile, their other franchise player over much of that span - Lidstrom - was, unlike OUR key players of the past decade, ridiculously injury-free. Due to this incredible good fortune, they've been hailed as the Gold Standard for organizations. I find it a bit annoying, in truth.

Guest Stogey24

Yeehaw! All must be thrilled to see Desharnais (or as Therrien calls him "Davie") back in the lineup today and playing with McCarron-Matteau.

Screw Wings playoff chances!

Go habs Go!

I'll change that. Really don't want to though

Agreed with the 9th versus 12th who really cares, but I must admit the prospect of a top 3 pick this year excites me. It's kind of of like a win win at this point for me lol

DD doesn't belong on any line. He is doesn't bring anything to the table. He could waived and no one would take him.

I would rather watch Danault, who is apparently good enough to play on the 4th line in Chicago, but not good enough to find time on this juggernaut.

The desharnais "is not an NHL caliber player on any line" is pure idiocy.

guys who aren't NHL caliber players don't have multiple 40 and 50 point seasons in the NHL, and even one season with 60 points.

If you want to say he's currently a third liner and overpaid for that role and thats why we should get rid of him, fine.... but don't spout ######ing non-sense that the guy is an AHL or ECHL scrub and that we should be playing guys like Matteau and Danault ahead of him.

Honestly.. maybe the bad season has made people lose their minds, but the bias against some players has reached unprecedented levels and is making people say really stupid things.

Desharnais may be hard to trade because of his contract, but if the guy was making 1 million instead of 3.5, there would be no question that he's a valuable NHL player, and he'd easily be tradeable, never mind waivers.

Its all about an overpayment of a 3rd line player, not that the guy is an ECHLer posing as an NHLer. Lets be real.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I was talking about Danault. Not sure how you took me saying that about Desharnais.

I appreciate the comments though. You're a level headed guy.

DD is done as an NHL player that puts up 60 pts, c'mon man. Even IF he did somehow again, he would still be a -30.

Guy can't stand the physicality anymore, can't back check effectively, doesn't have 50% of the skills and aptitude it takes to play in today's NHL, and is overpaid by 2 million.

Doesn't it seem apparent to you non idiots as well as this idiot?

Is there any real need to call people idiots, and say their opinion is stupid, just because you are wrong Commandant? :rastapop:

Stogey, I respectfully disagree about Danault, at least in that I think he is going to be a useful player for us, not that he has done that much so far... on that I can agree, but I see speed tenacity and smarts, and a better player than half of what we have now for depth.

I would rather watch Danault, who is apparently good enough to play on the 4th line in Chicago, but not good enough to find time on this juggernaut.

Danault is apparently playing, it's de la Rose who is likely to sit.

DD is done as an NHL player that puts up 60 pts, c'mon man. Even IF he did somehow again, he would still be a -30.

Guy can't stand the physicality anymore, can't back check effectively, doesn't have 50% of the skills and aptitude it takes to play in today's NHL, and is overpaid by 2 million.

I'm on board with everything you said here. I also fear how fast MT is likely to promote him up the depth chart...he could very well be centering the 1st line by the midway point of the 2nd period :1vomit:

DD is overpaid for sure. Is not a top liner, but he is one of the few forwards on the team with the ability to create plays. Not always but at least he can set up a play now and then.

I don't think he is done or garbage. I would take either of Eller or DD as my third kind center.

I was talking about Danault. Not sure how you took me saying that about Desharnais.

I appreciate the comments though. You're a level headed guy.

I was talking about the comments above you by Chris who said Desharnais wasn't an NHLer.

Doesn't it seem apparent to you non idiots as well as this idiot?

Is there any real need to call people idiots, and say their opinion is stupid, just because you are wrong Commandant? :rastapop:

Stogey, I respectfully disagree about Danault, at least in that I think he is going to be a useful player for us, not that he has done that much so far... on that I can agree, but I see speed tenacity and smarts, and a better player than half of what we have now for depth.

I didn't call anyone an idiot.... i said the comment was idiotic.

There is a difference. A difference any parent would know, when they tell their kids that they are behaving badly... but they aren't "bad kids".

And yes, he may not be likely to put up 60 points again, but he certainly can put up 40 still, which is pretty good for any NHL player, and certainly not the doesn't belong in the league trash that he was made out to be in the comment from Chris.

As for being a -30, the fact of the matter is that Desharnais corsi is still pretty good when he plays third line competition. He's fine defensively as long as you don't expect him to play against the other team's top line.

Am I harsh, sure... when I read something completely foolish, I call out the comments as being that way.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie...I'm hoping DD takes a slapper in the foot on his first shift and is done for the season. Sickens me that I have to see him again.

Yeah I regularly wish injury to people as well... its the humane thing to do.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I was talking about the comments above you by Chris who said Desharnais wasn't an NHLer.

You quoted what I said. Either way, there's no need to lose your mind over.

Yeah I regularly wish injury to people as well... its the humane thing to do.

I think the last time I felt that way was Gomez; it takes a lot, but DD has pushed me to that point.