2016 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

I'm cheering for Pittsburgh because I want to see the cup go to the east. I'm sick of west fans being able to rub their superiority in my face. I do think that San Jose has been the best team in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind seeing big Joe get his ring. I think it would be cool.

I'm cheering for Pit too, young team, new coach, rookie goalie, ex-Leaf showing them they were fools, and of course Sid grew up here in N.S.

Don't like Jumbo, or the Flaky Ewok D-man, would love to see East win over West, so it almost feels like I have a stake in this to make me watch...

I"m happy with either team winning. I've always liked watching the Pens play and I'd like to see Sid with multiple Cups in his career. And I also respect the Sharks for being a contending team for what seems like a decade and finally breaking through. They've had 2 Captains stripped of their C and rather than trade them away, both players sucked it up and continued about their business. Should be a great finals

Very little to no interest in finals, could care less which team wins, playoffs without the Habs is quite boring and playoffs into June just sucks period. :thumbs_down:

Totally root for the Sharks.

I like a lot of players on this team.

Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic.

Even Marleau and Thornton (used to dislike Big Joe until he made that comment about his potential 4 goals celebration)

I like Jumbo Joe. He's one of those rare players who refuses to play by the Official NHL Rule Book for Robots. And he's faced a lot of adversity and insults because of it. I'm pro Sharks.

Guest Stogey24

I'm not going to pretend like I know Thornton, but I know alot of people that played junior with him and I've have been to a few parties where he's showed up. The guy is a true beauty. I've heard a ton of hilarious stories too. Why people dislike him, I have no idea.

I'm not going to pretend like I know Thornton, but I know alot of people that played junior with him and I've have been to a few parties where he's showed up. The guy is a true beauty. I've heard a ton of hilarious stories too. Why people dislike him, I have no idea.

Punched a cop because his brother was being an idiot and resisting arrest, never got charged because he's too rich and famous to get charged for it.

I remember there was a Habs/Sharks game where Halak shut the door on the Sharks and Thornton just kept yapping about how big and tough and strong the Sharks were as if the Sharks won the game. That made him very easy to dislike.

He's definitely on my bottom five of players I dislike. The Habs crushing him when he was younger was fun. I'm definitely rooting for him once again looking sad and dejected in a Cup lineup and having to shave his face in disgrace.

Punched a cop because his brother was being an idiot and resisting arrest, never got charged because he's too rich and famous to get charged for it.

I remember there was a Habs/Sharks game where Halak shut the door on the Sharks and Thornton just kept yapping about how big and tough and strong the Sharks were as if the Sharks won the game. That made him very easy to dislike.

He's definitely on my bottom five of players I dislike. The Habs crushing him when he was younger was fun. I'm definitely rooting for him once again looking sad and dejected in a Cup lineup and having to shave his face in disgrace.

:lol:

He and Burns look like Treebeard out there.

Didn't know that about punching a cop. Oh, well.

Totally root for the Sharks.

I like a lot of players on this team.

Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic.

Even Marleau and Thornton (used to dislike Big Joe until he made that comment about his potential 4 goals celebration)

Yes, I like him much more now...so funny

Did he get a penalty on that play?

If not, then what in God's name is wrong with it? He gave the other team's star player a whack. Like that's ANY sort of newsworthy event in playoff hockey :rolleyes:

Did he get a penalty on that play?

If not, then what in God's name is wrong with it? He gave the other team's star player a whack. Like that's ANY sort of newsworthy event in playoff hockey :rolleyes:

Knocked his helmet off and crosschecked him in the back. No call, especially since Crosby didn't try to make a scene out of it.

The Islanders signed Casey Cizikas to a 5 year deal worth $3.35 M per year. That's a lot of money for a forward who only surpassed the 20 point plateau for the first time in his career this past season (where he wound up with 30). He's an ideal 4th liner that can move up in a pinch, that's a lot of money for someone in that role. They must think he has another gear offensively.

The Islanders signed Casey Cizikas to a 5 year deal worth $3.35 M per year. That's a lot of money for a forward who only surpassed the 20 point plateau for the first time in his career this past season (where he wound up with 30). He's an ideal 4th liner that can move up in a pinch, that's a lot of money for someone in that role. They must think he has another gear offensively.

Wow! That's insane. 5 years for 3.35 million total is closer to his worth. Huge term and massive money for a 4th liner