Habs re-sign Andrighetto

dlbalr

I don't think much of Ghetto. He's one of those guys who does nothing but score; which is great, but you have to score reliably if that's your game, and he doesn't. In any case, this organization cannot afford to lose FWs with some offensive upside, so I have no problem with the signing, but I'm inclined to see having him on the team as a sign of organizational weakness up front.

I don't think much of Ghetto. He's one of those guys who does nothing but score; which is great, but you have to score reliably if that's your game, and he doesn't. In any case, this organization cannot afford to lose FWs with some offensive upside, so I have no problem with the signing, but I'm inclined to see having him on the team as a sign of organizational weakness up front.

I agree with this. He has no business on the top three lines of a contending team. Time will tell.

After his international play, imo, his stock will never be high than it is right now.

Hopefully MB can rope-a-dope & bring in a more desirable/suitable piece for the organization.

I'm suprised by the comments, I must be a bigger fan of this guy. I think he turned out pretty good considering where we drafted him.

He's turned out well relative to his draft slot but he's not without his warts. I've called him this a few times before but he feels like a 'tweener' to me - not quite good enough for a top six role, could be decent in a third line role but only on an offensive-oriented third line. There's an NHL role for him but it's a limited fit.

According to Renaud Lavoie, it's $650k, one-way. Nothing wrong with that, slightly above his QO.

Andrighetto is a good player to have. I don't think anyone should have a problem with having him in our organization. While most are likely right, he does have the potential to make everyone here look foolish when he puts up a 20 goal season. He does have that potential in my opinion.

We just have too many players of interchangeable styles and skill sets. Andrighetto, Carr, Danault, Mitchell... I'm sure there are more.... (Lessio?) They may be on different lines and have different roles but a contending team only has two of those players on their roster at most.

I'm the most positive fan, but it's a problem.

Andrighetto is a good player to have. I don't think anyone should have a problem with having him in our organization. While most are likely right, he does have the potential to make everyone here look foolish when he puts up a 20 goal season. He does have that potential in my opinion.

We just have too many players of interchangeable styles and skill sets. Andrighetto, Carr, Danault, Mitchell... I'm sure there are more.... (Lessio?) They may be on different lines and have different roles but a contending team only has two of those players on their roster at most.

I'm the most positive fan, but it's a problem.

I would agree that the similar styles is a small issue. Still, Andrighetto has upside no doubt. I agree with Dlbalr that a 3rd line scoring role would be ideal, and isn't that possible with MTL?

Pacioretty - Chucky - Gallagher --> Offense oriented but capable of some difficult competition

Eller - Plex - hopefully Okposo --> Tougher minutes

Lehkonen - DD - Andrighetto --> Easy offensive zone starts

Some combo of Mitchell, JDLR, Flynn, Brown, (UFA, preferably with size) -> Defensive zone starts

Line 3 is small, I will admit that, and perhaps a problem. But by all accounts Lehkonen is said to be very strong on the boards despite his size. Offensive zone starts would allow this to be a more creative line.

Feel free to rip this suggestion apart; I know there are deficits. But you never know until you try! Maybe switch up Eller and Lehkonen?

I would agree that the similar styles is a small issue. Still, Andrighetto has upside no doubt. I agree with Dlbalr that a 3rd line scoring role would be ideal, and isn't that possible with MTL?

Pacioretty - Chucky - Gallagher --> Offense oriented but capable of some difficult competition

Eller - Plex - hopefully Okposo --> Tougher minutes

Lehkonen - DD - Andrighetto --> Easy offensive zone starts

Some combo of Mitchell, JDLR, Flynn, Brown, (UFA, preferably with size) -> Defensive zone starts

Cant argue against, but some questions.

So you assume all current Hab forwards will still be Habs come July 2nd? In particular both Desharnais and Eller.

​Hudon wont spend another year in AHL will he?

Both Reway and McCarron will start in AHL?

No Lessio or Carr in your lineup?

I would hope a body or two gets moved out.

Danault?

Cant argue against, but some questions.

So you assume all current Hab forwards will still be Habs come July 2nd? In particular both Desharnais and Eller.

​Hudon wont spend another year in AHL will he?

Both Reway and McCarron will start in AHL?

No Lessio or Carr in your lineup?

I would hope a body or two gets moved out.

Danault?

Yes to Mccarron and Reway in the AHL. Reway can adjust to NA hockey, Mccarron can develop his offense in a top 6 role. Carr in particular is a great point who I forgot due to his injury. I easily see him as a better option than Andrighetto, which is an issue. Lesson is another solid bottom 6er so he could fit there somewhere.

Perhaps ghetto only fits if we don't sign Okposo and Carr takes the second line RW. Not the best option in the world but he would fit in terms of responsibility and is capable of 20+ goals.

Not sure what to think of something like

Lehkonen - plex - Carr

Eller - DD - Andrighetto

I don't expect DD or Eller to be traded, with Eller being more likely to go.

17 points in his rookie season and he will make nothing really. There's big room for him to increase point totals and relieve some stress on us moving one of our middle six contracts (Eller and/or DD) with him and Carr on the third line.

If he adds some weight and plays stronger he could be a 40 point guy.

Still seems crowded forward group as is and someone(s) has to go dont they?

Not necessarily.

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Plekanec, Carr, Andrighetto, Desharnais, Eller, Danault, Mitchell, Byron, Flynn, Matteau/Lessio. That's 13 forwards.

If the team adds a forward via free agency they would push Matteau/Lessio to the AHL with Flynn as the extra. If you want a spot open for a Lehkonen/Hudon/McCarron to fight for, you have to move someone.

Zero chance at a successful season if that's line 2 and 3

Yeah. No offence to anyone, but I really wish people would stop pencilling in rookies to play huge roles on a team that is supposed to be in a Cup window. It's just untenable.

Yeah. No offence to anyone, but I really wish people would stop pencilling in rookies to play huge roles on a team that is supposed to be in a Cup window. It's just untenable.

Just wanted to mention that's why I said "not sure how I feel"

Didn't like pencilling in that many rookies

Guest Stogey24

Ya,that's embarrassing. Get steam rolled with that line up

Disgaree, Carr looked solid, Lehkonen ripped it up in SHL playoffs and #14 will be #14.

and Desharnais played 3rd line centre he likely would (and has) done well there, Eller is above average 3rd liner and they just signed Andrighetto who wont be playing on 4th line. So hope odds arnt Zero!

Good singing he makes zero money and can be sent to the minors without counting against the cap.

They got him on a cheaper cap hit on the one way deal, gambling he will make the team as at least a third line guy.

There is a log jam in the bottom 6, i'm guessing we will see some moves (Eller, flynn, maybe)