NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

I agree that Matt Murray has posted great numbers over his 12 game career.

Best goalie since Price is a stretch. Wasn't that Holtby or was that only for a year as well? Alright, you said one of the best, but in my opinion the sample size is too small.

Goalies that hover around the upper echelon in my mind include Price, Quick, Luongo, Lundqvist, Rinne, maybe Schneider, Holtby, Rask even less of a maybe Bishop, Varlamov etc. There are definitely more that I would take over Murray but all I said was that I think Murray is an average NHL starter. If I can name 10 goalies I'd rather have than the recent cup champion goalie, I'd have to consider him average.

Personally l had the Penguins winning the East prior to the season and it wasn't because of Matt Murray.

You obviously seem to know a little more about his past than me though, but all that matters to me are his NHL numbers. Young/rookie goalies are too inconsistent and I didn't think Murray had to be that outstanding; he doesn't win a cup on another team.

Price could win a cup with any team.

I agree Murray really isn't there yet with the Prices/Lunqvists. I mean he shows promise to be that elite level for years and years. He also has a Stanley cup with his name on it, unlike Price, or Lunqvist I think?

Ray bourque was arrested for DUI. I guess that makes him a despicable human being.

Yeah having too many to drink and putting other people at risk of KILLING THEM, makes you a scum bag.

How many people need to die before we accept that drinking while loaded is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

When one of your close friends dies cause a drunk driver hit them head on at 2:00 am, you'll understand how i feel about drunk drivers... So ###### off with your patronizing bullshit.

• Upvote 3

Yeah having too many to drink and putting other people at risk of KILLING THEM, makes you a scum bag.

How many people need to die before we accept that drinking while loaded is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

When one of your close friends dies cause a drunk driver hit them head on at 2:00 am, you'll understand how i feel about drunk drivers... So ###### off with your patronizing bullshit.

I have strong sentiments regarding this issue as well, and I'm hoping that this will be the last we hear about this particular subject.

I don't want any of our forum members taking shots at each other, so be advised that any other posts in that spirit will be deleted.

• Upvote 2

Taylor Hall traded to NJ! Let the wheeling and dealin heat up baby!

Larsson rumoured to be going North.

(Good deal for NJ if these are the two big parts of deal)

Looks like it's one on one as per TVA sports.

What the hell ?!? Larsson is good, but is he that good ? Talking about a potential PPG player here. Reckon that he is rumoured to be a selfish SOB but...

Looks like it's one on one as per TVA sports.

What the hell ?!? Larsson is good, but is he that good ? Talking about a potential PPG player here. Reckon that he is rumoured to be a selfish SOB but...

Chiareli has lost his mind.

I know larsson was highly touted but from what ive herad he looks more like a 3 or 4 at this point. If I was an Oilers fan I would be not be a happy camper. Makes we wonder is Habs couldn't have put together. Emelin, Beaulieu and next years 1st?

I know larsson was highly touted but from what ive herad he looks more like a 3 or 4 at this point. If I was an Oilers fan I would be not be a happy camper. Makes we wonder is Habs couldn't have put together. Emelin, Beaulieu and next years 1st?

Emelin and Beaulieu are left handed defenseman, they needed a right handed defenseman. Apparently they still do after this robbery

Philadelphia should get part of the cap hit hahah, they sent the offer sheet, Nashville just matched. (And screw Philadelphia)

Screw that, I would like to see many more offer sheets and not have all this collusion or old boys club of GMs. Like Burke who acted like a immature teenager and throw a temper tantrum when someone makes an offer for one of his younger players.

Screw that, I would like to see many more offer sheets and not have all this collusion or old boys club of GMs. Like Burke who acted like a immature teenager and throw a temper tantrum when someone makes an offer for one of his younger players.

I'm with you there, especially offer sheets like the ones Backes and Kesler got early in their careers. Make some GMs sweat.

Well there aren't any more deals going to be made like Shea Weber's, but I am with you, just on an entertainment level more offer sheets would be fun.

I actually just said it cause I don't like philly haha, not because I would want that to actually happen

I say we offer sheet kucherov and ###### over tampa's cap.

Word around NHL is that nobody doing offer sheets for fear of their own RFA being targeted in years after.

Basically collusion

• dlbalr unpinned this topic