NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

I don't understand why Pirri hasn't? Love to see him on a PTO, but I'm sure he'll get an offer from someone

He's a one-trick pony, a good goal scorer but so-so at best in other areas. You would think at first glance that someone with a good scoring touch would still generate more interest than he seems to have received thus far though.

He's a one-trick pony, a good goal scorer but so-so at best in other areas. You would think at first glance that someone with a good scoring touch would still generate more interest than he seems to have received thus far though.

You beat me to it by one minute. Worth mentioning that the year he scored 22 goals he was a frequent scratch.

Looks like Hudler is off the market. Signed a 1 year $2M deal with Dallas according to The Hockey News.

I would have been one to sign him. It was an outlier season but he's scored 30. I don't think any of the kids are ready for the 2nd line right at this moment and we're looking for them to play in over their heads. The problem is that we have too many 3rd and 4th liners, many of which probably have to clear waivers before being sent down or have contracts in other leagues, and so we're just pushing another one of them off of the team.

I would have been happy filling tge 2nd line with a Hudler for now. Even if it's somewhat desperate, it makes me feel even better about the team going into next season. It's like we're always one player away. I'm sure something will happen at deadline time if we're in good shape though.

Likely means Nichusken (sp?) is either off to Russia or going to be traded. And yes he'd cost Beaulieu.

I'd be calling about Brett Ritchie. I'd love Nichushkin, too. He just has that top-10 pick price-tag.

Byron/Danault/Mitchell Ritchie

THAT. Is a 4th line.

Arizona continues to add players who won't actually play for them as they've acquired Dave Bolland and Lawson Crouse from Florida for a couple of mid-round picks. I wonder if that means that the Panthers have something else planned.

Guest Stogey24

Arizona continues to add players who won't actually play for them as they've acquired Dave Bolland and Lawson Crouse from Florida for a couple of mid-round picks. I wonder if that means that the Panthers have something else planned.

There's more to that for sure. Crouse is one of their top prospects

Rangers sign Pirri.

I'm hoping Bergevin atleast tried to get him or Hudler.

I wonder if the Rangers have a trade pending up front. They're starting to stockpile a few extra forwards.

Also, Rene Bourque has a new home (for now), as he has a tryout with the Avs, who hired Jared Bednar as their new head coach today.

USAtoday bit;

4. Montreal Canadiens: In the long run, the Canadiens will regret the P.K. Subban-for-Shea Weber trade, but in the short run Weber will help Montreal. When you have Carey Price, you want an intimidating force protecting the front of the net. The Canadiens wanted to be harder to play against, and the acquisition of Weber and Andrew Shaw will help in that regard. Who wants to play against a team that owns Weber, Shaw and Brendan Gallagher? Alexander Radulov will spark the offense. This is not an Alexander Semin situation.

USAtoday bit;

4. Montreal Canadiens: In the long run, the Canadiens will regret the P.K. Subban-for-Shea Weber trade, but in the short run Weber will help Montreal. When you have Carey Price, you want an intimidating force protecting the front of the net. The Canadiens wanted to be harder to play against, and the acquisition of Weber and Andrew Shaw will help in that regard. Who wants to play against a team that owns Weber, Shaw and Brendan Gallagher? Alexander Radulov will spark the offense. This is not an Alexander Semin situation.

The same writer that did that ranked Montreal 2nd when one of the PHR writers interviewed him last week (I wonder what changed over a few days).

Im under the impression that Koivu and Gomez were contemptuous because of past battles and were never fond teammates. Is that fair?

Im under the impression that Koivu and Gomez were contemptuous because of past battles and were never fond teammates. Is that fair?

I would say no as they were never teammates. Koivu's last year was 2008-09, Gomez's first year was 2009-10 (he was acquired to take Koivu's place).

So. Apparently, Craig Patrick, former Pens GM, told journalists that Jaromir Jagr would have told the 4 teams ahead of the Pens in his draft class that he would not come to North America right away if he was drafted.

He would have done that in order to play with his idol Mario Lemieux !!!!

(I'm not able to play that video at work, so I can't confirm what the article linked to that video says...)

EDIT : ok so I've been able to watch it. Wow ! Jagr really rigged his draft :)

Florida resigns Huberdeau to a 6 year deal worth 5.9m per year, starting in 17-18. The only reason I bring it up is that he is a very comparable player to Galchenyuk at this very moment. Both are about the same age, pedigree, point production and contract status. I would consider it a steal if Bergevin could lock Galchenyuk up for that type of deal. Although Florida and Quebec have different tax implications and contract negotiations are likely considered accordingly. I'd love to see a deal get done though before he starts ripping it up this year

• dlbalr unpinned this topic