NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Mike Brown gets a PTO with Columbus. As a result, this means he won't get one with Montreal which is good news (Farnham's bad enough as it is, they don't need another guy like that).

Also, got Big Mikey to call up if need be.

Guest Stogey24

What does Scrivens have to do with Brown?

Brown did his job. He brought energy, stuck up for his teammates, worked the puck down low and even got a few points doing so. That's exactly what you want from a fourth line guy.

Ben Scrivens didn't do what hes brought in to do. brown did exactly as he was asked to do.

Can you wrap your head around that?

What does Scrivens have to do with Brown?

Brown did his job. He brought energy, stuck up for his teammates, worked the puck down low and even got a few points doing so. That's exactly what you want from a fourth line guy.

Ben Scrivens didn't do what hes brought in to do. brown did exactly as he was asked to do.

Can you wrap your head around that?

Both Scrivens and Brown are borderline NHLers, so obviously he is comparing the two, you know what he means.

Guest Stogey24

Both Scrivens and Brown are borderline NHLers, so obviously he is comparing the two, you know what he means.

That's nice. My comment had nothing to do with goaltending or comparing two players, who draw zero correlation to one another.

My point was that Brown did a great job, doing what he does down the stretch.

That's nice. My comment had nothing to do with goaltending or comparing two players, who draw zero correlation to one another.

He was also great at starting staged fights and taking some dumb penalties which didn't really help things. Yes, he can skate well enough to take somewhat of a regular shift which makes him better than the heavyweight goons of the world but he's still not an ideal player in an NHL lineup.

He did a "great" job of being an AHL calibre player, and playing AHL calibre hockey in the NHL.

Scrivens did a great job of being an AHL calibre goalie, playing in the NHL.

Is it really that hard to, and I quote, "wrap your head around that?"

Guest Stogey24

He was also great at starting staged fights and taking some dumb penalties which didn't really help things. Yes, he can skate well enough to take somewhat of a regular shift which makes him better than the heavyweight goons of the world but he's still not an ideal player in an NHL lineup.

He played 44 games last year for one of the best teams in the league, so he was obviously doing something right.

He played 44 games last year for one of the best teams in the league, so he was obviously doing something right.

Yeah, about that...

San Jose has placed Mike Brown on waivers. If he goes unclaimed he will be re-assigned to the Barracuda. The writing has been on the wall for Brown for weeks, and the acquisition of Nick Spaling all but sealed his fate.

Brown had fallen out of favor with head coach Pete DeBoer as of late. His poor play combined with a propensity to take penalties on a consistent basis finally allowed otherSharks a shot to get in the lineup.

There's not much good to say about Brown's play for the Sharks. His rough-and-tumble edge rarely generated anything positive for the Sharks and far more often got the club into penalty trouble. Brown's inclusion also held out better players who could handle more minutes — and you know, play hockey. He had eight points in 104 games and added 92 shots and 160 penalty minutes.

With the Sharks finally rolling four solid lines, it's time to move on from Brown. One of Doug Wilson's worst signings is gone.

Bergevin is a genius. He trades for Brown, scrivens and John Scott (his bum buddy's, I mean his axxhole, I mean fox hole buddy's type of players), and trades away subban.

And yet Bergevin picked him up... I'm not going to argue all day about this, but I know what I saw from Brown with Habs. I actually thought he'd play his way into a contract and Therrien praised him as well.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201603/18/01-4962202-michel-therrien-apprecie-le-leadership-de-mike-brown.php

And yet Bergevin picked him up... I'm not going to argue all day about this, but I know what I saw from Brown with Habs. I actually thought he'd play his way into a contract and Therrien praised him as well.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201603/18/01-4962202-michel-therrien-apprecie-le-leadership-de-mike-brown.php

He was alright. You get what you pay for in fourth liners. He was picked up to make sure Nate and McCarron didn't do all the figthing and he did that. You can have a team of 18 PMDs.

He was alright. You get what you pay for in fourth liners. He was picked up to make sure Nate and McCarron didn't do all the figthing and he did that. You can have a team of 18 PMDs.

I think that's why Brown was added as well, to prevent McCarron from feeling like he needed to fight all the time in his first real NHL stint. Now that that's done with, he's not needed (especially with Farnham there although he'll spend most of his time trying to injure people over fighting).

What are PMDs?

Puck moving defencemen would be my guess.

I think that's why Brown was added as well, to prevent McCarron from feeling like he needed to fight all the time in his first real NHL stint. Now that that's done with, he's not needed (especially with Farnham there although he'll spend most of his time trying to injure people over fighting).

Puck moving defencemen would be my guess.

I heard they picked Farnham overy Brown because he would never actually beat someone up.

*can't

My first look at the 2016-17 Habs comes courtesy of NHL 17 for my Xbox. The team is having a tough time trying to gel with all the new faces. Price is quite rusty in there and needs to tighten up. The top line of Pac, Chucky and Gally is a threat every time they are on the ice. Weber looks solid out there, dishing some hits and chipping in on offense. Radulov looks lost out there and is likely missing Russia. The team is playing great defensively but is having a tough time scoring goals, so nothing new there.

My first look at the 2016-17 Habs comes courtesy of NHL 17 for my Xbox. The team is having a tough time trying to gel with all the new faces. Price is quite rusty in there and needs to tighten up. The top line of Pac, Chucky and Gally is a threat every time they are on the ice. Weber looks solid out there, dishing some hits and chipping in on offense. Radulov looks lost out there and is likely missing Russia. The team is playing great defensively but is having a tough time scoring goals, so nothing new there.

Just curious , what's Radulov's rating?

And how's the game? Thinking about picking it up. I'm a GM/franchise mode kind of guy.

Just curious , what's Radulov's rating?

And how's the game? Thinking about picking it up. I'm a GM/franchise mode kind of guy.

I think he is an 83 overall and they have him playing rw on the 4th line for some reason so I have to edit the lines. The game is good, it's pretty much the same as last year. I don't know about the franchise modes, I strictly play online

• dlbalr unpinned this topic