NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Probably. But I suspect we'll see him land in a media job - he's always loved the camera, whether it be on 'Hockey Wives' or whatever that show is called, or Antechambre, or other media opportunities. Of course, he's not an ex-Leaf or ex-Bruin, so that works against him. But I'm betting he'll be working panels and other such gigs before you know it.

He did just try out for the Leafs so that'll go a long way. Colby probably told him to do it to get a gig at TSN.

11 hours ago, habs rule said:

Brandon Prust released from pto, is this the end of  the line for Brandon in the NHL?

Unless something changed today, he will remain with the team.  He has a stall in the dressing room and will skate with the Leafs when they're at home in the hopes of landing a contract later on.  Scott Gomez did that with New Jersey a few years back and eventually landed a contract.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Unless something changed today, he will remain with the team.  He has a stall in the dressing room and will skate with the Leafs when they're at home in the hopes of landing a contract later on.  Scott Gomez did that with New Jersey a few years back and eventually landed a contract.

Ok so he has no contract, no PTO but he can still hang around? It just seems strange that the team would let him use their resources for free. But maybe he was close to making the team, so they would like him to hang around just in case? Or are they just being polite?

7 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Ok so he has no contract, no PTO but he can still hang around? It just seems strange that the team would let him use their resources for free. But maybe he was close to making the team, so they would like him to hang around just in case? Or are they just being polite?

It's not something you see often.  They've apparently indicated that they like what they've seen from him but they just don't have the roster spot for him currently.  So basically, it's a hang around just in case type of arrangement.  That, or they're hoping he'll eventually take a minor league deal with a promise to sign/recall him when injuries strike.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It's not something you see often.  They've apparently indicated that they like what they've seen from him but they just don't have the roster spot for him currently.  So basically, it's a hang around just in case type of arrangement.  That, or they're hoping he'll eventually take a minor league deal with a promise to sign/recall him when injuries strike.

I just read that babcock asked him to stick around. So sounds like he would get signed if there was a major injury, or like you said maybe he will go down. He was sent down last year wasn't he?

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

I just read that babcock asked him to stick around. So sounds like he would get signed if there was a major injury, or like you said maybe he will go down. He was sent down last year wasn't he?

He cleared waivers last year, reported for a bit, then asked to go home early.  I don't think he's willing to take a minor league deal right now and instead will stick around, hoping for some of the youngsters to struggle or for a few players to get hurt.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

He cleared waivers last year, reported for a bit, then asked to go home early.  I don't think he's willing to take a minor league deal right now and instead will stick around, hoping for some of the youngsters to struggle or for a few players to get hurt.

Ok I remember he got waived and I thought he reported (which technically he did) but i see he only played 9 games in Utica. Too bad i always liked him.