Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

After all the fighting and arguing between people on habsworld this might be the first time in a looooong while that everybody is agreeing on something. To bad its something horrible like this.

I am not sure why this was done, but Weber not shabby at all.

• Upvote 1

I have to ask :

Do you believe that Subban would have been traded today if he had not signed a bridge deal in 2013 but a long term contract with a cap hit of 6-7M$ instead ?

I think we're going to hear over time some of these locker room issues that were reported to be there were actually true. I can't see them doing this to save a bit of money on the cap for a couple of years, risking the cap recapture down the road to boot. It's either hockey reasons or off-ice. Given the stuff that was being floated out there during the season, my initial hunch is that it may have more to do with that than anything. (Which is rather quite unfortunate if that is indeed the case.)

I am ready to give up..,what's next, we trade Price for Rask?

I understand why MT likes Weber over Subban. He is less prone to errors. It is the same reason PK gets the shaft on Team Canada. MT wants to play a risk free, boring game and PK would often try to hard and turn it over.

That said, the Weber deal is an albatross and will be a huge problem in future years as he declines. More importantly, when they fire MT and bring in a coach who wants to use speed, they will regret not having PK.

Clearly there was an issue between PK and management or in the room, but I still think this is brutal and should not have been done given Webers decline and long contract.

This day just keeps getting worse.

Guest Stogey24

I think we're going to hear over time some of these locker room issues that were reported to be there were actually true. I can't see them doing this to save a bit of money on the cap for a couple of years, risking the cap recapture down the road to boot. It's either hockey reasons or off-ice. Given the stuff that was being floated out there during the season, my initial hunch is that it may have more to do with that than anything. (Which is rather quite unfortunate if that is indeed the case.)

100% something was going on. He must have been hated, as bad as that is to say. He has done so much for that city

Even more like Chelios.

Can't make anyone happy around here, people complain there is never a big trade, MB makes one and everyone complains. Weber will be better for about 4 years then not so much. Subban wan't that good last year and defensively he wasn't very good.

MB and MT clearly want a team with no talent, not a lot of size, but has great character and likes to grind it out. I personally don't get it, but that's just me.

What I really don't understand, is how DD contuse to stay on this roster, just mind boggling.

Bergevin = Stalin or some other commie leader. People who are inconvenient to the party (the management) must be gotten rid of quietly. After it is already done people will complain but its to late to change what is done by then.

Wow, at a loss. I think PK's still a question mark in some respects but this is such a downgrade talent-wise. We traded the best Habs player outside the crease of the last 25 years for an over the hill 'character' guy who wasn't even the best player on his D pairing. A team is lucky to have an asset like PK and should work to maximize it, something this organization never seemed to do. Showed little faith in him from day one.

Wonder how Weber is gonna like getting booed in Montreal. He doesn't have a NTC or a NMC so that leaves us a tiny flexibility.

What's next? I hear Yakupov is available. We can send Galchenyuk for him. Doesn't sound out of the realm anymore with Bergevin

100% something was going on. He must have been hated, as bad as that is to say. He has done so much for that city

Yeah he was hatted by the friggin self-righoutous whities running this team, who wanted PK to say "what ever you seh masta"

Have you watched the youtube videos whith his teammates??? It's the friggin Molson and habs management.

Sooo. What happens if we buyout webers contract in lets say 4 years? How much and for how many years? Will I still be alive next time we are really competing for a cup or maybe just very very old and senile?

Markov-Weber

Good luck with fast players

THat would have been a more even trade.

Can't make anyone happy around here, people complain there is never a big trade, MB makes one and everyone complains. Weber will be better for about 4 years then not so much. Subban wan't that good last year and defensively he wasn't very good.

MB and MT clearly want a team with no talent, not a lot of size, but has great character and likes to grind it out. I personally don't get it, but that's just me.

What I really don't understand, is how DD contuse to stay on this roster, just mind boggling.

No friggin way is weber going to be better even next year, let alone next 4. Now that MT isn't holding him back anymore, watch Subban be fighting for the defenseman points lead.

Guest Stogey24

Yeah he was hatted by the friggin self-righoutous whities running this team, who wanted PK to say "what ever you seh masta"

Have you watched the youtube videos whith his teammates??? It's the friggin Molson and habs management.

A white Subban from Quebec, would still be on this team.

Weber lead the league on PP goals last year, is defensively more solid. I'll stand by my statement. I think Subban is more creative, more prone to turnovers as well, I think I remember reading the habs had like 3 of the top 10 dmen in turnovers last year. big Problem.

can't wait util Friday when MB gets the habs more character.

I might have called St Loius on Shattenkirk plus for Subban.