Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Which is really unfortunate considering he's done absolutely nothing wrong. (I have that concern as well.)

I actually don't buy into it. Sure you have the few drunken nose bleeders who will do it for a laugh but there's absolutely no reason to boo Weber. We should cheer him as loud as we cheered Subban. He is going to be a very important piece on our team for years to come. Bergevin and by extension Therrien (since they don't introduce Bergevin) should be the ones given the crap.

I don't see us booing Weber even on opening night. What I do see will be a lot of Subban jerseys in the stands and some type of proper insult towards management in whatever way the fans deem appropriate. If it's by booing Weber, they are the dumbest of the dumb and dumber squad in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I hope the focus is on Bergevin and Therrien.

Maybe the crowd can chant "FOXHOLE"

I like how that chant would "evolve" into something else pretty quickly....

Firstly, I LOVE PK and will miss him dearly.

But, we will not see shenanigans like this from Mr Weber:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/watch-canadiens-pk-subban-loses-it-on-refs-gets-tossed/

This and a couple other examples made me contemplate whether PK had the maturity and selflessness (is that a word) to lead the team to the promise land. Perhaps this would not have been a factor if PK was not thrust into the spot light and #1 d man role so quickly.

And I honestly will not miss the meandering forays into the offensive zone that end up going nowhere or the missed coverage on the d zone.

All that said, I am sad to see him, go but strongly feel if Weber had spent last ten season or so in an Canadian market we would all realize that he is a stud who will make Carey's job a lot easier while making Mtl a feared stop for opponents.

What I want to see is that for every exhibition game, every regular season game, regardless of the score, the fans chant "fire Michel Therrien, fire Bergevin"

Yes that would be very productive and Leaf-like.

What next you want Hab jersey's tossed on the ice I suppose? Oh and boycott Molson beer of course.

Good summary by Duthie. http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nichols-notes/suthie-canadiens-subban-could-not-handle-what-he-was/

It’s an interesting hockey trade, but it’s so much more than that because it’s not a hockey trade. They did not trade P.K. Subban because they wanted Shea Weber. They traded P.K. Subban because they wanted to trade P.K. Subban and get rid of P.K. Subban. And I cannot remember in all of my time covering this sport a bigger difference between public perception of someone – and a lot of other people in hockey – and a franchise, an organization’s perception of a player. And it’s baffling to me.

• Upvote 2

Yes that would be very productive and Leaf-like.

What next you want Hab jersey's tossed on the ice I suppose? Oh and boycott Molson beer of course.

I definitely am boycotting Molson Beer. I of course haven't a Molson in 15 years so I doubt they will notice. :)

if all Habs fans boycotted buying Shea Weber jerseys, the message would send a shockwave to upper management.

Weber will be lucky to get 50 points this season.

Go Las Vegas Black Knights.

Subban may get 70.

Ordered a Weber jersey today!!

Get a scorer, sign Weise, trade for a #2 Dman.

LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will pick mine up next week. Just curious, did you get an 'A' on your jersey? No doubt Weber becomes an assistant captain right away.

if all Habs fans boycotted buying Shea Weber jerseys, the message would send a shockwave to upper management.

Weber will be lucky to get 50 points this season.

Go Las Vegas Black Knights.

Why punish or not support Weber? He's our new #1 Dman. I support him 100%

This is Montreal, not Arizona. All the efforts in the world won't change games from being sold out and jerseys to be flying off the shelves!

And No A yet, I figured I'd add the A or C when it's announced.

I am hoping Weber gets 60 to 70 points this year with a bunch of p/p points.

Welcome Shea Weber, do us proud.

So long PK it was good to know you, hope you have no success against us. You can't be scoring on your old friend Carey, that just wouldn't be right.

• Upvote 1

I am hoping Weber gets 60 to 70 points this year with a bunch of p/p points.

Welcome Shea Weber, do us proud.

So long PK it was good to know you, hope you have no success against us. You can't be scoring on your old friend Carey, that just wouldn't be right.

I will join in this prayer :pray: as the hockey gods demand remembrance.

Happy Canada (free agency) day friends!!! :canada:

So what cave have you been living in to compare Souray with Weber?

The only things they have in common is they are both 6'4" and have a great slap shot, that's it.

Jesus people, have the common sense to realize what a great defenseman Weber is...

Subban plays this game with the passion of a kid. He was run out by a bunch of schmucks who can't handle someone not being visibly angry at a loss. He doesn't need to be the captain to be a performer that can change games and carry a team. Hockey needs to stop thinking performance needs to equal locker room leadership.

• Upvote 1

Lol... Souray compared to Weber is a joke.

Pierre LeBrun just said Weber played a big role in getting Nashville to bring radulov back for that short stint at end of season and playoffs.

Subban for Weber and radulov looks much better now and I'm very interested in what Price's view was on the trade and if he was consulted, does "HE" prefer Weber over PK? If so, Im all for it! About time we got a 6'4 Dman (best in the business at that style) to protect arguably the best player on the planet...

I'll miss that spinarama....

Lol... Souray compared to Weber is a joke.

Pierre LeBrun just said Weber played a big role in getting Nashville to bring radulov back for that short stint at end of season and playoffs.

Subban for Weber and radulov looks much better now and I'm very interested in what Price's view was on the trade and if he was consulted, does "HE" prefer Weber over PK? If so, Im all for it! About time we got a 6'4 Dman (best in the business at that style) to protect arguably the best player on the planet...

I'll miss that spinarama....

Price supposedly is a buddy of Webers, of course has played with him before on team canada and both from and live part-time in BC.