Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Not to you or CC neither, both provide great posts/insights/point of views, what have you (other than both of you were too hard on lil Larry of course, but I am in minority on that and of course 1/2 in jest)

Guest Stogey24

Really wish you didn't post that. I'll never forget his hat trick against Minnesota. Pure dominance in that game

No room for that on our team. He looked too happy after losing, dontch'a know.

To be scrupulously fair, though, someone should balance this off against a compilation of Weber highlights.

No room for that on our team. He looked too happy after losing, dontch'a know.

To be scrupulously fair, though, someone should balance this off against a compilation of Weber highlights.

Acceptance is the last stage of grief, so I think you are finally coming around?

Acceptance is the last stage of grief, so I think you are finally coming around?

Uh, not a bit. Just making a point about highlight packages.

I 'accept' as a fact that we traded away our best position player since Guy Lafleur for an older, slower, largely inferior player in the early stages of his decline, with a 10-year contract to boot.

I also 'accept' that this fact reveals a stupid, hidebound management group more interested in its ego than in winning hockey games or understanding the nature of contemporary NHL hockey. And that we will regret this stupid trade for years to come, just as we did in throwing away Chelios. And that having such a management group makes it highly unlikely that the core inherited from Goat will ever fulfill its potential and win - because they've exposed themselves to be f**king idiots.

The best to be hoped for is that the team's other strengths - e.g., Price's supremacy, the possibility that Beaulieu takes a big step forward - will compensate for the loss of Subban so that the trade doesn't actively hurt us. Not what I'd call an ideal scenario in a blockbuster trade.

I think people around here will come around more to Weber when he is out there scoring goals and taking names, sticking up for teammates and throwing big hits.

Dude is a stud and like Will mentioned its not necessarily who is the better player but how the team as a whole works together that makes a team a stanley cup champion.

With a guy like Weber who doesn't take any crap out there and will defend the best player on our team will be a huge gain.

https://youtu.be/xscc0W2lbVI

Having this on our side will be awesome to watch.

I loved watching Subban but like Stogey alluded too, I think things were not working out in the room and there was a big rift and it sucks that he was the one to go but whats done is done and now we have Shea. Heres to that!

https://youtu.be/5RyTCmy4ink

BTW sorry about the links I don't know how to Embed

Edited by Scott462

I think people around here will come around more to Weber when he is out there scoring goals and taking names, sticking up for teammates and throwing big hits.

Dude is a stud and like Will mentioned its not necessarily who is the better player but how the team as a whole works together that makes a team a stanley cup champion.

With a guy like Weber who doesn't take any crap out there and will defend the best player on our team will be a huge gain.

I loved watching Subban but like Stogey alluded too, I think things were not working out in the room and there was a big rift and it sucks that he was the one to go but whats done is done and now we have Shea. Heres to that!

I must say, I'm actually really looking forward to seeing Weber in a Habs jersey a lot. I will never be ok with the trade but admittedly I've started to get excited for the habs next season with the Radulov, Shaw, Weber additions. It's certainly a shake up, and for better or worse, entertaining. As long as Weber doesn't have a hard decline, imma be ok.

So how many Stanley cups or even how many friggin playoff series did Weber help his team win???

So how many Stanley cups or even how many friggin playoff series did Weber help his team win???

He hasn't won any Stanley cups and Nashville has never made it out of the second round. Is that all Webers fault?

So... Almost lost a fight to heavyweight fighting champ Gabriel landeskog and scored a couple point shots. Nice. Hilight pack is mind blowing.

You can take a shit sandwich and put havarti dijon and present it on a nice plate but in the end its still a shit sandwich. That's what this trade was. I would trade Pacioretty and fire Mt and MB to keep subban. If this turns out to be a Roy or Leclair or Dejardains or Chelios type move that haunts us for 10 years, I will hate those three forever.

So... Almost lost a fight to heavyweight fighting champ Gabriel landeskog and scored a couple point shots. Nice. Hilight pack is mind blowing.

You can take a shit sandwich and put havarti dijon and present it on a nice plate but in the end its still a shit sandwich. That's what this trade was. I would trade Pacioretty and fire Mt and MB to keep subban. If this turns out to be a Roy or Leclair or Dejardains or Chelios type move that haunts us for 10 years, I will hate those three forever.

You will hate Pacioretty forever, because he is captain or something?