Subban traded to Nashville

dlbalr

I find it funny that before the PK Weber trade all the experts at TSN loved poking holes in Pk's game, always saying he was dynamic but to inconsistent and prone to errors. Weber was always highly praised and there was no way Subban could be better than Weber. Now since the trade, it seams that PK's stock at TSN has skyrocketed and there's no way he isn't better than Weber. Not saying I agree or disagree but just that the media seamed to really change their tune fast after the trade.

• Upvote 2

Everyone agrees that Souray and Weber both had league-leading bombs from the point.

There seems to be another parallel, which is that Weber is not really a fully-rounded player; he is a crease-clearing behemoth with a gigantic shot, and that was Souray's role as well. It's just that Weber is elite as a crease-clearing SOB, while Souray was borderline terrible at it. Neither seems to be very distinguished at the transitional, puck-possession or playmaking game. If that's correct, it will be a big change in the Habs' game plan, which for the last few years has relied on quick (and widely feared) transitional play, led by PK Subban. Maybe Price's playmaking and Beaulieu's progression can help to compensate for the regression caused by Subban's replacement by an inferior overall player; it'll be interesting to see.

And Habs offense & PP has sucked for years, so did you want more of same next season? ;)

I find it funny that before the PK Weber trade all the experts at TSN loved poking holes in Pk's game, always saying he was dynamic but to inconsistent and prone to errors. Weber was always highly praised and there was no way Subban could be better than Weber. Now since the trade, it seams that PK's stock at TSN has skyrocketed and there's no way he isn't better than Weber. Not saying I agree or disagree but just that the media seamed to really change their tune fast after the trade.

Indeed

I have noticed the same

I completely agree that the media has really changed their tune about Weber and Subban. I wonder why that is? It's like before the trade they focused only on PK's faults, but since they trade they're focusing on all the things he does great (Everything we already knew).

Subban played 100 more games in his "6 seasons" than Souray. who was nursing an injured wrist much of the time. Shelly "only" had 18 fights because no one was anxious to try him out, bad wrist or not. Subban had 12 because that was as many times as players could catch up to him as he was skating away as fast as possible from any confrontation. Shooting off his fat lips the whole time. He has been nothing but a loudmouth and a coward that I've seen on the ice.

Subban played 100 more games in his "6 seasons" than Souray. who was nursing an injured wrist much of the time. Shelly "only" had 18 fights because no one was anxious to try him out, bad wrist or not. Subban had 12 because that was as many times as players could catch up to him as he was skating away as fast as possible from any confrontation. Shooting off his fat lips the whole time. He has been nothing but a loudmouth and a coward that I've seen on the ice.

Man you seriously are starting to sound prejudiced

I completely agree that the media has really changed their tune about Weber and Subban. I wonder why that is? It's like before the trade they focused only on PK's faults, but since they trade they're focusing on all the things he does great (Everything we already knew).

I've noticed the same thing with people I know as well. They'd be the first to chirp me when Subban coughed up a goal or rub it in that he didn't make team Canada, but yet now he all the sudden is the best player ever. I think most of it was jealousy that we had an electrifying, entertaining and great player on the hated Habs. The most polarizing player in the game on the most polarizing team in the league definitely made for interesting commentary.

Starting? I think that ship sailed a long time ago!

Man you seriously are starting to sound prejudiced

I've noticed the same thing with people I know as well. They'd be the first to chirp me when Subban coughed up a goal or rub it in that he didn't make team Canada, but yet now he all the sudden is the best player ever. I think most of it was jealousy that we had an electrifying, entertaining and great player on the hated Habs. The most polarizing player in the game on the most polarizing team in the league definitely made for interesting commentary.

Part of this interestingly hypocritical reaction may involve the players' respective ages, contracts, and where they are in their careers. You might have huge respect for Weber but think he's entering the downside, with a ridiculous term left on his huge contact, while recognizing that Subban is only just entering his prime on a much more manageable deal. So even if you like Weber, no way do you trade him for Subban.

I also suspect the trade forced a lot of these blabbermouths to actually sit down and look at Subban's body of work - including his stats and analytics - and realize, holy cow, this guy is really, really good. That kind of thing can really override the unthinking prejudice against PK for daring to be flashy and have personality in a league that only wants robots.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the jealousy part

Part of this interestingly hypocritical reaction may involve the players' respective ages, contracts, and where they are in their careers. You might have huge respect for Weber but think he's entering the downside, with a ridiculous term left on his huge contact, while recognizing that Subban is only just entering his prime on a much more manageable deal. So even if you like Weber, no way do you trade him for Subban.

I also suspect the trade forced a lot of these blabbermouths to actually sit down and look at Subban's body of work - including his stats and analytics - and realize, holy cow, this guy is really, really good. That kind of thing can really override the unthinking prejudice against PK for daring to be flashy and have personality in a league that only wants robots.

I was trying to articulate something like that yesterday but got sidetracked. I think you have a good point about forcing people to sit down and actually analyze PK has made them realize, wow this guy really is an amazing player.

Part of this interestingly hypocritical reaction may involve the players' respective ages, contracts, and where they are in their careers. You might have huge respect for Weber but think he's entering the downside, with a much more manageable term left on his huge contact, while recognizing that Subban is making highest salary of any d-man and only had 6 goals last year. So even if you like Weber, No way do you trade him for Subban, unless he is such a cancer on the team hes' got to go.

Tried to fix that up for you, but post is so wrong I gave up.

Tried to fix that up for you, but post is so wrong I gave up.

1. Weber does generally score more goals than Subban, but PK's year was an outlier - dumb to focus on that.

2. 10 years for a guy who is four years older is a more manageable term than 6 years? Maybe in Bizarro world.

3. "Cancer in the dressing room" = speculative bullsh*t.

Dumont and the guys at HEOTP have their heads further up Subban's ass than anyone. You're not going to get objective opinions there. The site is just a shill for analytics and the guys who run/ran it even have their own company. Plus they're totally off at the best of times.

Starting? Did you miss the token comments earlier?

No one bothers to contradict what I said about the players they just pull out the race card. That's the solution when you have nothing else to say.

Dumont and the guys at HEOTP have their heads further up Subban's ass than anyone. You're not going to get objective opinions there. The site is just a shill for analytics and the guys who run/ran it even have their own company. Plus they're totally off at the best of times.

You didn't open the article, because it had 0 analytics, and was all highlights and eye test.

Talking out your ass AGAIN

No one bothers to contradict what I said about the players they just pull out the race card. That's the solution when you have nothing else to say.

You were the one who pulled the token card earlier... sorry... don't blame it on me. You are the one who brought up race in your first posts on this site.

I think it was a lot earlier in this thread I referenced to Weber being celebrated in Montreal the way Souray was and someone was upset I compared him to Souray. Now a guy trying to trash Subban every chance he gets and put over the trade thinks he's complimenting Weber by comparing him to Souray,

Funny how things work.

(for the record, Weber is miles better than Souray)

Souray only looked good cause his partner, good old Serge Savard, used to cover up his mistakes.

Its kinda like how Subban's had to cover up for partner, Christian LaFlamme.

You about as clever as Klink too, Commandant.

... hope that doesn't make me racially insensitive towards Nazi prison camp wardens. :pray:

Edited by ethan raphael

Souray only looked good cause his partner, good old Serge Savard, used to cover up his mistakes.

Its kinda like how Subban's had to cover up for partner, Christian LaFlamme.

Hahahahahah perfect

1. Weber does generally score more goals than Subban, but PK's year was an outlier - dumb to focus on that.

2. 10 years for a guy who is four years older is a more manageable term than 6 years? Maybe in Bizarro world.

3. "Cancer in the dressing room" = speculative bullsh*t.

$9m for 6 goals...Geez, is kinda worse than Gomez as Gomez didn't lead NHL in PP time.

Weber is due $12m in total for the last 5 years

Speculations is what we all specialize in here. Even you must agree though, seems more likely I am correct.

$9m for 6 goals...Geez, is kinda worse than Gomez as Gomez didn't lead NHL in PP time.

Weber is due $12m in total for the last 5 years

Speculations is what we all specialize in here. Even you must agree though, seems more likely I am correct.

give me a friggin break. Subban had 52 points as a dman. 7 less than Gomez's best total with Montreal, despite subban missing 14 games. Tied for 9th in points by men on a team that can't score. he had the same number of points as Weber - in 14 less games. Weber is actually getting more money this year - cap hit is only $1.5M less. Without Suban's assists, MaxPac and Galchenyuk don't score 30 goals.

And who friggin cares how much Weber OWES during the last 5 years. His CAP hit is still the same. You do realize that we operate in a cap system don't you???