Oct. 1, Habs vs Sens, 3 PM

dlbalr

It's rematch time as the Habs will look to avenge Thursday's overtime loss to the Senators.  They'll be in tough though as they're sending a pretty weak lineup into this one.  It'll be the final look for a lot of players as a mass cut-down is expected to come this weekend.

[IMG]

Matteau - McCarron - Hudon

Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Flynn - de la Rose - Scherbak

Gregoire - Audette - Farnham

Samuelsson - Johnston

Alexandrov - Juulsen

Parisi - Lernout

Montoya

Fucale

[IMG]

Hoffman - Turris - Varone

Puempel - Brassard - Ryan

Pyatt - Pageau - Dzingel

Kelly - Neil

Chabot - Karlsson

Phaneuf - Ceci

Bartkowski - Kostka
Claesson

Hammond

Driedger

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM EST and can be seen on RDS (regional restrictions apply).

I expect game to be fairly rowdy so likely is Farnham's chance to shine vs Neil I suppose, or will McCarron want to play the tough guy role (or be targeted by Neil)? 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Good thing the vet minimum rules were removed this year, cause that Habs lineup doesn't meet the requirement (or even come close).  I think I count 5 NHLers. 

For anyone wondering the criteria, here they are:

15.4 Exhibition Games.

(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:
(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,
(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,
(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or
(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

I count six that make it: Byron, Mitchell, Flynn, Danault, Farnham, Montoya.  That's not very many, especially at this stage of the preseason.

Guest Stogey24
25 minutes ago, DON said:

I expect game to be fairly rowdy so likely is Farnham's chance to shine vs Neil I suppose, or will McCarron want to play the tough guy role (or be targeted by Neil)? 

Neil would throw farnham into the third row

1-0 after 1.  Interestingly, Cody Ceci and Bobby Ryan didn't play a single shift.  Early message sending from Boucher?

Farnham got into a shoving match at the end of the period and wound up with the extra two so the Habs will be shorthanded again to start the 2nd.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

1-0 after 1.  Interestingly, Cody Ceci and Bobby Ryan didn't play a single shift.  Early message sending from Boucher?

Farnham got into a shoving match at the end of the period and wound up with the extra two so the Habs will be shorthanded again to start the 2nd.

He's even more useless than I thought after Tursday's game.

1 minute ago, JoeLassister said:

He's even more useless than I thought after Tursday's game.

Were you thinking that before or after the Sens tied it on the power play from his penalty? :)  Believe me, I agree with you about his uselessness.  He's good at running around trying to hurt people.  There's not really room for those guys anymore.

2-1 Ottawa after 2.  Shots are 21 apiece; the Habs are holding their own.  Johnston is seeing a ton of ice time, nearly 17 minutes already.  Lernout is at the bottom in D ice time at just under 12.  If I had to guess right now, Johnston's ahead of Lernout in the recall pecking order.

They actually came back and won?  Wow.  :1banana:

That should boost the confidence for guys like Danaiult, Flynn and Byron.  McCarron was 2nd amongst forwards in ice time, only behind Byron while taking 19 faceoffs.  They got a look at him today at least.

Not bad for a primarily AHL/CHL/PTO team.

Other than that, gotta see about trading for Hoffmann.

Not a bad game for Byron and several of youngsters got a good look. Like Matteau with bunch of PP time and McCarron/Juulsen had 19+minutes with 4minutes on the PP.

Johnson had 25+minutes, 5:17 on the PP and was a +3.

Does anyone think that Matteau (other than Bergevin) has a future spot on the Habs?

12 hours ago, shortcat1 said:

Not bad for a primarily AHL/CHL/PTO team.

Other than that, gotta see about trading for Hoffmann.

Long time no see, how are things?  And yes, Hoffman would be nice but they just signed him long-term.

11 hours ago, Aaron Stamboulieh said:

I didn't know vet limits were removed for exhibition games. There were 7 who qualified (Matteau was missing from the previously posted list). When and where was that announced?

Just for this season with the World Cup.  Nice catch with Matteau, I forgot his NJ games.  And welcome to the board.