Oct. 1, Habs vs Sens, 3 PM

dlbalr

22 minutes ago, habs rule said:

ah yes I forgot, the most dynamic defense man in habs last 25 years did not fit da system.

It wasn't that he didn't fit, he thought he was just too good for any system.

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

Subby didn't have too hard a time scoring in a Nashville  uni :cry_smile:

Well  if we dealt him because of an aberrant season goal-scoring wise, then the trade was even stupider than I thought.

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well  if we dealt him because of an aberrant season goal-scoring wise, then the trade was even stupider than I thought.

We dealt him because this organization is run by a bunch of idiots. That they had even a modicum of success means, to me, that they fixed a bunch of simple mistakes made by a group of even bigger idiots.

• Upvote 2

My bias aside it does seem like the anti-trade group are the most hypocritical. 

A preseason game means absolutely nothing until P.K. Subban scores a goal.  

Not  that I think preseason games mean nothing personally. It's just the same people talking about his goal now are the same who say preseason games are absolutely meaningless in general. 

I also will be the first to admit it's a bad trade if Weber doesn't meet some level of expectations. Why anyone on here would want that to actually happen baffles me. It must be some personal ego. I predict both players have good seasons and really, what more could I ask for?

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

My bias aside it does seem like the anti-trade group are the most hypocritical. 

A preseason game means absolutely nothing until P.K. Subban scores a goal.  

Not  that I think preseason games mean nothing personally. It's just the same people talking about his goal now are the same who say preseason games are absolutely meaningless in general. 

I also will be the first to admit it's a bad trade if Weber doesn't meet some level of expectations. Why anyone on here would want that to actually happen baffles me. It must be some personal ego. I predict both players have good seasons and really, what more could I ask for?

My comment was a completely lugubrious side note meant more as humour than anything. I didn't do any actual crying over a Subban preseason goal.

I also don't think I mentioned anything about the meaning of preseason games lately, maybe you aren't referring to me about the hypocrite part.

I'm guilty of saying pre-season games are meaningless for the veterans.

However I didn't say anything about PK scoring a goal in pre-season cause it means nothing.

Maybe he's combining the two of us.  Dunno.

No worries or big deal. It probably is just a coincidence that a lot of people against the trade also think the preseason is meaningless. I wasn't talking about you specifically Meller or Commandant. CC, Lovett's and others have also made references to the preseason being meaningless and now Subban's goal was being discussed as if it were at all even representative of what we should expect of him during the season. My opinion? Good for him.

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

No worries or big deal. It probably is just a coincidence that a lot of people against the trade also think the preseason is meaningless. I wasn't talking about you specifically Meller or Commandant. CC, Lovett's and others have also made references to the preseason being meaningless and now Subban's goal was being discussed as if it were at all even representative of what we should expect of him during the season. My opinion? Good for him.

We're just getting the knives ready for PK's big year. It's preseason for our jibes as well.

16 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

All I said was that it would have been a dumb-ass move to trade Subban BECAUSE of an off year in terms of goal scoring. I suspect the trade was actually made for other, equally asinine reasons, but that's beside the present point.

And yes, preseason is meaningless for veterans...and often for rookies too, except as a learning experience.

LoL, you guys ever think the trade was made to get a player like Shea Weber? You sound like Subban shat out gold...and Weber is a slug, sheesh.

You guys tell everyone not to mention the trade, and some of you just can't help but give your opinion in every, or every second thread.

Hypocrite city...:1gohabs:  

• Upvote 1

Hmm. Well, this was the biggest trade since Roy...it's just a fact that this topic is gonna burble up from time to time in other contexts, especially when nothing else of importance is actually going on. (Preseason is only a slightly less irksome joke than the World Cup; wake me when actual game start, willya?). Indeed, we all know that it's likely to come up again every time either player makes a big play, or looks bad on one, at least for a while. :rolleyes:

But yeah. We also all agree that the basic debate is played out - e.g., as usual, defenders of the deal pretend that its opponents slag Weber day and night when every one of us agrees Weber is elite; so the same tired wheels of 'rebuttal' gear up again. Nonetheless, expecting some absolute cone of silence on the question is probably unrealistic.

The McDonagh/Gomez deal is still brought up from time to time, and its 7 years later now.... Halak/Price is brought up and its been 6 years for that one.  Yeah, i think a couple months here is asking a lot for people not to bring up this controversial move (And I say controversial cause the opinions on it differ so wildly). 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

The McDonagh/Gomez deal is still brought up from time to time, and its 7 years later now.... Halak/Price is brought up and its been 6 years for that one.  Yeah, i think a couple months here is asking a lot for people not to bring up this controversial move (And I say controversial cause the opinions on it differ so wildly). 

Remember Carey's bad exhibition game after the Halak trade? Needing the "Chill" quote?

7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Remember Carey's bad exhibition game after the Halak trade? Needing the "Chill" quote?

The Goat did many things wrong. But in choosing Price over Halak, despite fan hysteria, he made a call that gave the franchise it's cornerstone for this era. Full credit to him for that.

21 hours ago, DON said:

It wasn't that he didn't fit, he thought he was just too good for any system.

I will bet you that Nashville don't have any problem with PK fitting in. And cc we are just babbling.