Sergachev and Lehkonen

shortcat1

Does anyone know where these kids are staying when not playing with the team?

In the past, new players would stay at a hotel until they knew if they would stick with the team. Yet, Brendan Gallagher got to stay Josh Gorges Alex Galchenyuk stayed with his mother and sister. A similar situation may have been the place for other new young players but I don't know. As to Sergachev and Lehkonen, I hope they are being put into family like situations.

There's too much fun waiting for them after the games and practices which has, in the past, not been beneficial to young players.

It's common around the league now for new players to stay with current players until they make the team. 

Some players will also get a big apartment with other players. That way if one leaves there is a room available for others. This is common for bachelor's. 

40 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I'm sure he's champing at the bit to stay with Markov.

Sergachev was asked where he is staying and said he didn't know what plan was yet. And some media guy joked that he should stay with Markov, he dismissed and they all laughed that option off.

Markov supposedly is as unfriendly (for lack of better term) off the ice, as he seems when dealing with media and their idiotic questions, so unlikely to be a mentor other than on the ice. 

(from Hockey inside out)

Living arrangements needed

Sergachev is only 18, so the Canadiens will be looking for some living arrangements for him in Montreal and plan to keep him well surrounded, possibly living with a veteran player.

“We talked about it internally, first of all with Sergachev,” Therrien said. “We want to surround him, this is where we’re at right now.”

When Sergachev was asked if he had spoken with veteran Russian teammate Andrei Markov about possibly living with him, the teenager said. “No.” Then he added with a smile: “I’ll stay in a hotel.”

18 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Sergachev will be back on Windsor the same day Petry comes off the IR.

Eh, I think he's getting nine games (so all of October). Maybe more. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade to make room for him. The team is over-exaggerating the ever loving crap out of his play and acting like they just drafted Ekblad. The only way he goes back is if in his nine games he blows it to the point where Therrien can't hide it. 

Buffalo, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Boston, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Tampa, and Toronto. If he can not look terrible in those games, the team is definitely keeping him up.

it doesn't make sense to blow all 9 opportunities to play him in October, unless we have an injury.

We can't use him more than 9 games this year. (Well, we can, but we'd be stupid to do so.) We will have injuries. It only makes sense to use him when we're short a player.

1 hour ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

it doesn't make sense to blow all 9 opportunities to play him in October, unless we have an injury.

We can't use him more than 9 games this year. (Well, we can, but we'd be stupid to do so.) We will have injuries. It only makes sense to use him when we're short a player.

I don't see that as Bergevin and Therrien's mindset right now. They are talking in a way that tells me they want him in a serious position in the defence.

I get the feeling once Petry is healthy, Jeff will be next to Shea. When that happens, the plan will be for Sergachev to play with Markov. In other words, he's the replacement for Subban next to Markov.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I don't see that as Bergevin and Therrien's mindset right now. They are talking in a way that tells me they want him in a serious position in the defence.

I get the feeling once Petry is healthy, Jeff will be next to Shea. When that happens, the plan will be for Sergachev to play with Markov. In other words, he's the replacement for Subban next to Markov.

Pretty sure Petry will be staying on  the right... as Nathan B has shown to be full value thus far in preaseason.. the emergence of sergachev could evolve into a 2a 2b  pairing.

1 beaulieau  weber

2a emelin petry

2b Markov sergachev

or vice versa 

and finally some monitored minutes for markov

On 10/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, DON said:

Sergachev was asked where he is staying and said he didn't know what plan was yet. And some media guy joked that he should stay with Markov, he dismissed and they all laughed that option off.

Markov supposedly is as unfriendly (for lack of better term) off the ice, as he seems when dealing with media and their idiotic questions, so unlikely to be a mentor other than on the ice. 

(from Hockey inside out)

Living arrangements needed

Sergachev is only 18, so the Canadiens will be looking for some living arrangements for him in Montreal and plan to keep him well surrounded, possibly living with a veteran player.

“We talked about it internally, first of all with Sergachev,” Therrien said. “We want to surround him, this is where we’re at right now.”

When Sergachev was asked if he had spoken with veteran Russian teammate Andrei Markov about possibly living with him, the teenager said. “No.” Then he added with a smile: “I’ll stay in a hotel.”

Maybe he can teach the youngster how to have multiple children out of wedlock...

9 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Maybe he can teach the youngster how to have multiple children out of wedlock...

Bringing religion into things are we now? Lame.

11 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

How many kids has he got? I know he got 1 girl friend pregnant. I think his personal life has affected his play in some years but this will more than likely be his last year, so maybe we could take it easy on the old fellow, since nobody knows the real facts.

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

How many kids has he got? I know he got 1 girl friend pregnant. I think his personal life has affected his play in some years but this will more than likely be his last year, so maybe we could take it easy on the old fellow, since nobody knows the real facts.

I think something like 4 kids with three different women.

It's okay, according to DON Subban was the one with the character problem. 

:monkey:

3 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

It's okay, according to DON Subban was the one with the character problem. 

Jealously is a deadly sin? With his $$, the kids should do fine.

Subban's character problem(s) according to vast amount of persons, who are much more insiders than I am. I didn't start any rumours did I?

On 10/14/2016 at 0:31 PM, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Well do we know how he treats his kids and exes? Not every relationship works out. Last time I checked it takes 2 people to have kids, he is a scoundrel and they are.......

Edited by habs rule

46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its 2016.  Are we really complaining about Markov having a child without being married to a woman?

Exactly, Thank you...

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

How did we get into a discussion about Markov and his kids in a thread about Sergachev/Lehkonen?

I think you are being rhetorical but; I posted Sergachev comments about living arrangement while with Habs and possibility of living with Markov and Markov's character was called into question, that's all.

16 hours ago, dlbalr said:

How did we get into a discussion about Markov and his kids in a thread about Sergachev/Lehkonen?

Maybe we should have a separate thread about Markov's relationships and personal life. Ithink we could have great debates on the unwed women and their children.:sarcasm_on::D

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DON said:

Will Sergachev likely play vs Pitt on Tues?

He is pretty green, although I like his speed and puck moving ability, in his own zone he's kinda scary I think. What do you think of his play in that first game Don? Who comes out to let him in the lineup? Pateryn?

3 hours ago, KoRP said:

He is pretty green, although I like his speed and puck moving ability, in his own zone he's kinda scary I think. What do you think of his play in that first game Don? Who comes out to let him in the lineup? Pateryn?

I would assume Pateryn, even though he has played well.

The 1st game he had a handful of rookie type gaffs and was his 1st game, so kinda expected. I think he should be in Windsor playing, but if he is with the Habs he should at least play more than sit in pessbox.

My biggest worry is that being a kid and 1/2 step or second behind NHL speed, that he will get caught with head down, run over or pasted into the backboards and injured.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

I would assume Pateryn, even though he has played well.

The 1st game he had a handful of rookie type gaffs and was his 1st game, so kinda expected. I think he should be in Windsor playing, but if he is with the Habs he should at least play more than sit in pessbox.

My biggest worry is that being a kid and 1/2 step or second behind NHL speed, that he will get caught with head down, run over or pasted into the backboards and injured.

Pateryn is great.

I think him staying up for a couple games was actually a good idea, the way the kid learns to quickly his time spent up will be soaked up like a spung. The same situation happened with Pietrangello in his NHL debut he was kept up for a couple games and it did wonders for him.

The risk of injury is real but he is a big kid I'm sure he will be fine