Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins | October 22nd, 2016 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

Hello all! It's been a long time since I have been on this forum. I have read and followed for quite a while and want to get back to discussing jabs with knowledgeable fans. That being said I always enjoy the habs bruins games and the intensity they typically bring. Glad price is back as well!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I like Cole.  Voice of an  angel.  He is horrible at play by play and awesome at hype.

I am sorry but Bob is and always was mediocre announcer. It is time he hung em up. Unfortunately I don't know who they would replace him with.

The Weber call was brutal.  Funny how Boston thinks Montreal are divers, Marchand was testing out his new scuba gear end of the 3rd I guess.

Watched the replay 4 times, Weber made no effort to change his direction or contact Marchand, Marchand just bumped Weber and flailed.  Just pathetic.

13 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Radulov called for diving?  Wow, what a stupid call by the ref.  $&@#% for brains I guess.

Nah, didnt disagree with the call. More falling down accidently on-purpose.

13 hours ago, brobin said:

Wow...call against Weber was even softer...brutal. 

What? Stick was in skates and brain dead easy call.

(Ahh, maybe you meant his 2nd penalty on Marchand, don't recall that one at all.)

I find that most calls on most nights to both sides are a little bit sketchy. Let's just remove the refs and instead use a magic 8 ball with a random player and random penalty. I think it would serve the same purpose and no one can argue the call because it's random. 

They did well limiting Weber (24:14) and Desharnais (11:27) icetime; but with 9+minutes on special teams Markov played 22minutes and they just seem to rely on him a few shifts too many every game. 

PP still a work in progress so far and another poor showing with 0 for 5 again and 20th in NHL.

Mitchell +3 is doing well and earned that goal and is 61.5% on faceoffs so far (Galchenyuk oppositely bad at 33%).

29 minutes ago, DON said:

Quite something.

"When the Canadiens lead after two periods, Price is 161-10-18 … including 18-1-1 against Boston"  from HI/O

That is impressive stuff.

On the refs: NHL refereeing is simply inept. And to my mind, the root of it is the mentality that allows all sorts of extraneous considerations to affect decision-making. 'What stage of the game is it.' 'How close is the score.' 'Is so-and-so a Good Guy or a Weasel?' 'Does team X have a reputation for diving and generally being Not Good Canadian Kids?' And probably a bunch of other BS arbitrary factors. How about this, refs: call the play on the ice, consistently, from whistle to whistle, from game one to game 7 of the Finals. WOW, what a concept. One that eludes the grasp of NHL officials, apparently.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That is impressive stuff.

On the refs: NHL refereeing is simply inept. And to my mind, the root of it is the mentality that allows all sorts of extraneous considerations to affect decision-making. 'What stage of the game is it.' 'How close is the score.' 'Is so-and-so a Good Guy or a Weasel?' 'Does team X have a reputation for diving and generally being Not Good Canadian Kids?' And probably a bunch of other BS arbitrary factors. How about this, refs: call the play on the ice, consistently, from whistle to whistle, from game one to game 7 of the Finals. WOW, what a concept. One that eludes the grasp of NHL officials, apparently.

So true. Then run around trying to figure out how to make the game safer. Call the game maybe?

3 hours ago, DON said:

Quite something.

"When the Canadiens lead after two periods, Price is 161-10-18 … including 18-1-1 against Boston"  from HI/O

There was a stat brought up during the broadcast last night that is even more impressive....Price is now on a 22-1-1 streak on Saturday night. That's insane 

18 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Hey who the heck was supposed to be covering Spooner on that 2nd goal? He needs a lesson or 2 on defence.

Danault? Why, because the saucer pass actually made it across to open side, while they were killing a penalty?

If that is all you got to complain about, we are looking good so far.

4 hours ago, DON said:

Danault? Why, because the saucer pass actually made it across to open side, while they were killing a penalty?

If that is all you got to complain about, we are looking good so far.

No because Spooner did not have a Hab within 10 feet of him.

15 hours ago, illWill said:

There was a stat brought up during the broadcast last night that is even more impressive....Price is now on a 22-1-1 streak on Saturday night. That's insane 

Now if he can just time that streak for the playoffs that would be great.