Philadelphia Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 24th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Very few people will mention it, but Radulov racing to beat the icing helped create that Weber chance.

Love Radulov's work ethic. 

Sure looks promising alright.. I thought I was supposed to get the game with SN360 and RDS.. Nope. 

Just now, Toronthab said:

Sure looks promising alright.. I thought I was supposed to get the game with SN360 and RDS.. Nope. 

Nope this is a montreal local viewing area only game.. .sportsnet east if in the area.

Or game centre/centre ice. 

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear a swinging and slamming door sound effect while watching the games on RDS? I hear it several times a game and it is very annoying. I do not hear it happen while watching the games on TVA Sports or Sportsnet. I am sure it cannot be heard inside Bell Centre. Can anyone explain this or contact RDS and ask about this annoyance? Merci bien.

2 minutes ago, Stephane Pichette said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear a swinging and slamming door sound effect while watching the games on RDS? I hear it several times a game and it is very annoying. I do not hear it happen while watching the games on TVA Sports or Sportsnet. I am sure it cannot be heard inside Bell Centre. Can anyone explain this or contact RDS and ask about this annoyance? Merci bien.

There are microphones placed at various spots on the ice.  One of those is the bench area where the door opens and closes with regularity.  That would be my guess.

On 10/24/2016 at 8:48 PM, Toronthab said:

If you live outside the Canadiens viewing region, like I do, your cable/satellite provider should offer what it called the 'french package' of Centre Ice for $59,99 for the season....which allows you access to all Habs games on RDS  on an alternate feed. I also pay $3.00 a month for access to TVA Sports for Saturday night games.

If you live outside the Canadiens viewing region, like I do, your cable/satellite provider should offer what it called the 'french package' of Centre Ice for $59,99 for the season....which allows you access to all Habs games on RDS  on an alternate feed. I also pay $3.00 a month for access to TVA Sports for Saturday night games.

Some carriers do carry the French Centre Ice but not all.  (I know this since mine is among the ones that don't carry it.)

On 10/24/2016 at 9:12 PM, dlbalr said:

There are microphones placed at various spots on the ice.  One of those is the bench area where the door opens and closes with regularity.  That would be my guess.

That's the thing...I thought that as well...but the sound does not come from the bench doors....because I have heard the annoying sound effect while the bench doors are closed. The sound effect is very loud and only hear it on RDS.

That's the thing...I thought that as well...but the sound does not come from the bench doors....because I have heard the annoying sound effect while the bench doors are closed. The sound effect is very loud and only hear it on RDS.

Interesting.  I'm not sure what it'd be then.

On the game itself, I'd say the Habs are fortunate to be tied so far.  That was not a pretty second period.  It certainly looks like Plekanec is this year's 'can't buy a goal to save his life early on' player.  There seems to be one every year.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:18 PM, dlbalr said:

Some carriers do carry the French Centre Ice but not all.  (I know this since mine is among the ones that don't carry it.)

Where do you live? You surely would have access with Bell Fibe or Shaw Direct? I couldn't imagine not having access to all 82 games. We've basically had access to all Habs games ere in Timmins since mid-1980s...with SRC, TVA, and TQS until RDS took over.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:20 PM, BCHabnut said:

Game center live is where it's at. 200 gets you every game all year. Pc, mac phone, smart tv, apple tv, playstation, xbox. I dont miss games.

I don't want to pay for a bunch of games I won't likely watch. For $60...I can watch every Habs game....that's all I need.

Beaulieu broke his second stick in the game.  Ironic.  The guy has the worst slapshot on the team.  

49 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Game center live is where it's at. 200 gets you every game all year. Pc, mac phone, smart tv, apple tv, playstation, xbox. I dont miss games.

Came for free with my internet subscription. I love it.

Also Android and Roku.

Nice to see Radulov get rewarded with the empty netter tonight as he had a hand in all the Habs goals. 3 point game isn't too shabby. The points are starting to come but the penalty minutes also continue. He really needs to get those down as you wouldn't of ever thought he would be the guy leading the team in that category. Continuing this will be a sentence to the coaches doghouse.

Price came up with a few key saves that kept us in a tie or in the lead late in the game. This start is very reminiscent of last year's but hoping they have learned from it and that Price will continue to stay healthy. 

5 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

MB can go ahead and extend Radulov any day now; he may work even harder than Gallagher does, and talent to spare. 

Well, lets same maybe as hard as Gallagher :clap:

and yes, extend him. Just not terribly long. 

Radulov is a gamer.  He's been the best forward since the start of the season.  And the way he pumped up the crowd when he spoke French after his 1st star of the game selection, he truly loves MTL and the province of Quebec.  Terrific signing by MB.

I wonder if the decision to play Emelin with Weber was mostly based on Therrien's intention to have him against Simmonds?

I think Beaulieu is often poorly positioned in the D-zone and he appears vulnerable to bodychecks. Emelin is more prone to sustain pressure from heavy hitting right wingers.

14 minutes ago, hupette gros said:

I wonder if the decision to play Emelin with Weber was mostly based on Therrien's intention to have him against Simmonds?

I think Beaulieu is often poorly positioned in the D-zone and he appears vulnerable to bodychecks. Emelin is more prone to sustain pressure from heavy hitting right wingers.

Interesting observation.  Hopefully it's that and not the Arizona flub. 

Guest Stogey24
24 minutes ago, hupette gros said:

Emelin took shifts with Weber last game too. Beaulieu hasn't played very well