Radu! Radu! - Predict his year

zumpano21

So far it's safe to say we're mostly impressed with the Great Radu. MB looks to have secured the steal of the 2016 offseason.

Put your clairvoyance skills to the test and predict his:

1 - Goals.

2 - Assists.

3 - When he resigns, for how much (AAV) and for how long.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Just like you thought Petry was a rental

Was 100% convinced Petry was simply a rental. I was gonna add that, given my crystal ball track record, my guess isn't worth much. But wont stop me from tossing one out there.

1 - Goals.  19

2 - Assists.  33

3 - When he resigns, for how much (AAV) and for how long  i think he'll resign in Mtl. 21 million for 4 years

No sane person would live in New York over Montreal.... sob... said the guy stuck in Toronto... sob... 

He'll love Montreal, and resign. 

He's been just wonderful 

I'm stuck on 25 goals as well

25 goals - 37 assists 62 points

5 Years 27.5 million

Can we fit him in on, say, a 5 year deal at $6 mil? (This will probably be more than many on this site want to pay; but I am generally fatalistic about such things, and think you usually have to pay more $/term than you want to get the UFA you want). How would such a deal ramify for our salary structure going forward?

19 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Can we fit him in on, say, a 5 year deal at $6 mil? (This will probably be more than many on this site want to pay; but I am generally fatalistic about such things, and think you usually have to pay more $/term than you want to get the UFA you want). How would such a deal ramify for our salary structure going forward?

I think you would need to direct question at dlbalr or commandant. Because Galchenyuk, Beaulieu need resigned at big raises and top-4 Markov-replacement also needed and following year is #31. So realistically can they afford a 6-6.5/yr Radulov if he has a 60-65pt season this year?

8 minutes ago, DON said:

I think you would need to direct question at dlbalr or commandant. Because Galchenyuk, Beaulieu need resigned at big raises and top-4 Markov-replacement also needed and following year is #31. So realistically can they afford a 6-6.5/yr Radulov if he has a 60-65pt season this year?

Yep, that's exactly the question, and it awaits an answer from Habsworld stalwarts who are much more up to speed on the ins and outs of contracts, cap management, and probably future contracts than I am! :)

At this point,  Beaulieu isn't looking like he'll be due a big raise, so i'm not worried there.

Coming off the cap will be DD and Parenteau's buyout.  (Those likely take care of Galchenyuk and Beaulieu).

Markov already makes 5.75 million.  How much does a Markov replacement cost?  Considering he's a second pair dman now... thats probably 6 million.

Radulov makes 5.75 already.... so yea you can afford to give him 6. 

I think he's going to get more... like 7.5.

A lot will depend if the cap goes up or you find a way to save in another area. 

As for future years, you are going to have Plekanec and Emelin come off the cap, so I'm not too worried about those.

What I'm seeing in Radulov right now though is the game changing forward we've needed for a long time... look at my prediction for points. I think this guy is creating so much that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.  He's a must re-sign for me. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

At this point,  Beaulieu isn't looking like he'll be due a big raise, so i'm not worried there.

Coming off the cap will be DD and Parenteau's buyout.  (Those likely take care of Galchenyuk and Beaulieu).

Markov already makes 5.75 million.  How much does a Markov replacement cost?  Considering he's a second pair dman now... thats probably 6 million.

Radulov makes 5.75 already.... so yea you can afford to give him 6. 

I think he's going to get more... like 7.5.

A lot will depend if the cap goes up or you find a way to save in another area. 

As for future years, you are going to have Plekanec and Emelin come off the cap, so I'm not too worried about those.

What I'm seeing in Radulov right now though is the game changing forward we've needed for a long time... look at my prediction for points. I think this guy is creating so much that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.  He's a must re-sign for me. 

Great stuff, Commandant.

I agree - this may sound nuts, but the way he's playing now, Radu might be the difference between the Habs being pretenders and bona-fide contenders. He *is* that extra element the FW unit has been missing for a long time.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think the band wagon is filling way too early on Radulov. He still seems a bit undisciplined and could snap and whack Muller in side of head with stick at any time (kidding). I think maybe should wait at least till the New Year before buying into any extended term projection.