Radu! Radu! - Predict his year

zumpano21

A lot of my projection on Radulov is also based on what he's done in his career... he was a big scorer in Nashville and Russia.  I see no reason why it doesn't continue based on his play to date.  The only thing that stops him from a big season would be an injury (knock on wood)... 

11 hours ago, DON said:

I think the band wagon is filling way too early on Radulov. He still seems a bit undisciplined and could snap and whack Muller in side of head with stick at any time (kidding). I think maybe should wait at least till the New Year before buying into any extended term projection.

I totally agree, I think around 60 is a reasonable projection though. It's probably also why I guessed a mid-term signing at 4 years.

8 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I totally agree, I think around 60 is a reasonable projection though. It's probably also why I guessed a mid-term signing at 4 years.

I think throwing 7.5 million at him as a projection is a little premature but I don't disagree that he's one of "those" Elite Russians forwards. It may be early but I'm thinking he's a gem as well in all honesty. There's Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk and then there's Radulov right there on the list, and we've got him. The only difference is the amount of games played and experience they've had in the league.

Tarasenko and a few others are knocking on the door but I was referring to veteran game changing Russian forwards. Radulov reminds me of the first three on the list I noted at certain points and I'd take any of those players on my team. Kovalchuk and Ovechkin never seem to have success but it doesn't change the fact I'd have loved(love) to have had them on our team while in their prime. 

• 4 months later...

It's just the opening gambit in the negotiations. He's not getting an 8 year deal and les Canadiens aren't getting a discount--or at least not much of one-- because he likes Montreal 

53 minutes ago, PMAC said:

It's just the opening gambit in the negotiations. He's not getting an 8 year deal and les Canadiens aren't getting a discount--or at least not much of one-- because he likes Montreal 

The tax situation being what it is, a player is already giving a discount when he signs in Montreal for equal money to what most of the other teams are offering him.  According to this calculator, only the Ontario based NHL teams are worse.  Some of the differences are quite dramatic (900,000+ more per year on a 7M salary)

http://gavingroup.ca/personal-income-tax-rates-in-nhl-cities/

I agree that 8 years is ridiculous...doubtful that anybody is going to give him that long a term.  I think 6 is the limit.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Radulov denies that he ever asked for an eight year deal. "Not even close"

http://www.tsn.ca/radulov-denies-asking-for-eight-year-deal-1.699207

I guess this is yet another case of Tony Marinaro saying shit for ratings. 

It was probably MB sending that out so that what ever he signs him for will look great.