Sergachev sent back to junior

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

"The plan was to keep him a month and evaluate after that. He needs to go play. It's going to be great for him." - Bergevin on Sergachev

28 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I bet that the time spent with the team brought him much more than starting the season in the OHL.

I also think is safe to say and just hope his attitude is the right one and he sees this as a chance to work hard and develop all the things he needs to.

(and not think he is too good to be playing with teenagers)

9 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I bet that the time spent with the team brought him much more than starting the season in the OHL.

No question. I'm a big fan of giving young guys a taste of the big leagues and then they can apply what they've learned back in junior

• Upvote 1

Hope he really is looking forward to ripping it up in junior. See how he does next week in the Subway Series vs his peers.

"While disappointed that his tenure with the big club came to an abrupt end, Sergachev respected the decision which was obviously made with his long-term growth in mind.

"Obviously, I didn't expect that. I was not happy. But, after that I thought that I just needed to play more hockey. Now, I'm pretty happy about it," said Sergachev, who will make his way back to Canada's southernmost city and be in the Spitfires' lineup on Thursday night at home against the Saginaw Spirit. "I'm going to have a chance to play in the [CIBC] Canada Russia Series and play a lot of minutes in Windsor, too. I'm going to help my team win. I'm just looking forward to it."" from sportsnet.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Hope he really is looking forward to ripping it up in junior. See how he does next week in the Subway Series vs his peers.

"While disappointed that his tenure with the big club came to an abrupt end, Sergachev respected the decision which was obviously made with his long-term growth in mind.

"Obviously, I didn't expect that. I was not happy. But, after that I thought that I just needed to play more hockey. Now, I'm pretty happy about it," said Sergachev, who will make his way back to Canada's southernmost city and be in the Spitfires' lineup on Thursday night at home against the Saginaw Spirit. "I'm going to have a chance to play in the [CIBC] Canada Russia Series and play a lot of minutes in Windsor, too. I'm going to help my team win. I'm just looking forward to it."" from sportsnet.

That' right there is a good attitude.

55 minutes ago, habs rule said:

That' right there is a good attitude.

As long as avoids the 'Dalton Thrower' swelled head he had after he was drafted and sent back to WHL and had to have an attitude adjustment by Saskatoon Mgmt, being a healthy scratch for a game or two..