Called Up: Daniel Carr and Joel Hanley

Commandant

8 hours ago, habs rule said:

I imagine they will be supplying a revue of the hot doggies.

Should Carr get a game and let Lehkonen sample some of Ohio's best frankfurters?

(aint happening of course, but wouldn't hurt Lehkonen to see 1 game from above and Carr to redeem himself)

We have seen before how Therrien treats 21/22/23. We also seen what happens when you leave them on the bench for too long. Personally I would use an active 22 man bench, as it stands now, shifting players in and out on a daily basis. Players are going to need rest. However nobody can argue with the results so far, so it may take injuries to push the envelop. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

One of the rare times where getting recalled results in a pay cut - Carr's on a one-way deal and AHL'ers aren't subject to escrow so he'll actually have made more money in St. John's than with Montreal.

That is actually quite funny, who would have thunk it. But in the long term he is gonna be ok.

11 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Why Hanley and not Barberio? 

It could be waiver related.  Barberio can be up for a limited amount of time before having to be re-waived.  Why burn that when he's going to mostly sit in the press box?

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Hanley was sent back to the IceCaps for Barberio.  He really didn't look good in the 5 games he played.

I expect Barberio to be better defensively and is a better option for the 6th/7th d-man spot.

14 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like Barberio, myself...and not just because he is close to the top of the NHL's "coolest surname" sweepstakes. Wouldn't mind having him back on the big club at all.

Me too, Hanley sucks, almost as bad as Petry has the last 3-4 games...Bring on the Barberio!

Good news...Conan the Barberio has been called up.

I was looking at his AHL numbers this year...14 points in 18 games, even plus minus. Not too shabby. He's no star, but I don't think he's an AHL defenceman.

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good news...Conan the Barberio has been called up.

I was looking at his AHL numbers this year...14 points in 18 games, even plus minus. Not too shabby. He's no star, but I don't think he's an AHL defenceman.

He has rebounded well after a terrible start to the season, especially in the defensive where he and (I think) Johnston were getting lit up routinely.

13 minutes ago, Neech said:

Don't see why Barberio didn't have a spot on the club in the first place.  With the way the defense is constructed, we need his mobility and puck movement.

He didn't look good at all in the preseason and quickly fell behind Redmond on the depth chart.

15 minutes ago, Neech said:

Don't see why Barberio didn't have a spot on the club in the first place.  With the way the defense is constructed, we need his mobility and puck movement.

I gather his camp was horrendous. But I agree with you; his body of work last year showed him to be a legitimate bottom-pairing puck-moving NHL defenceman. Not sure what management's problem with him is

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I gather his camp was horrendous. But I agree with you; his body of work last year showed him to be a legitimate bottom-pairing puck-moving NHL defenceman. Not sure what management's problem with him is

I wouldn't say management has a problem with him.  After a good second half to last season, Bergevin gave him a two year, one-way deal and a raise from last season (which was a cheaper two-way pact).  He lost his spot in training camp - I think it's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

dlbalr already spoke to this.

"He has rebounded well after a terrible start to the season, especially in the defensive where he and (I think) Johnston were getting lit up routinely.

He didn't look good at all in the preseason and quickly fell behind Redmond on the depth chart."

And don't think his defense is good and why he is likely #8 or 9th on depth chart.

And for sure Bergevin will be a bit nervous every shift he and Pateryn are on.

Hopefully Pateryn gives his head a shake and is much stronger moving the puck, but likely he just doesnt have the confidence that is needed.

1 hour ago, JMMR said:

Am I blind what has Pateryn done wrong this season?

I've really liked him as I have barely noticed him. 

Glad Hanley is back down. 

Pateryn has been coughing up puck with weak turnovers in own end and almost seems like confidence is gonzo and he has admitted that he is finding hard to get it back and stay positive, playing with a weak partner like Beaulieu also hasnt helped.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Pateryn playing with a weak partner like Beaulieu. Ya, that's the reason he handles to puck like a hand grenade 

Well, I think you are now being overly harsh on Pateryn, he has had some lame turnovers but hasn't been terrible, some don't even think he has played poorly at all. And Beaulieu had a string of bad games, no one would argue he hadn't. But, he actually looked bit better in his last two, which didn't help Pateryn any, as he was in pressbox.

Anyways, hopefully 3rd pairing can at least hold their own and the old guy dosent have to play 30 minutes again.