Called Up: Daniel Carr and Joel Hanley

Commandant

12 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Barberio, Pateryn and Hanley are all shit.

Once healed, MTL needs Beaulieu & Redmond in the lineup.  

Dumb post of year...got my vote bud.:thumbs_up:

31 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Thank you.

Not a problem, anytime.

But, really was overkill on the critique. We all know none of them will ever be Bobby Orr's, but still deserve some respect don't they?:mellow: 

Lol...

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yeah that was the point, seeing as I copied exactly, word for word, what Don said to me earlier in the week. 

The Kettle was calling ya out man... stealing lines from Don, you have reached a new low.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, habs rule said:

6OK kids play nice now.

Its OK.

What has happened to Carr, he hasn't really been as noticeable as last year it seems? 1g in 10gms so far vs 6g in 23gms last year. He was doing a darn good impression of Gallagher-lite last year, but just not getting his nose dirty this year, is it just a confidence issue?

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Its OK.

What has happened to Carr, he hasn't really been as noticeable as last year it seems? 1g in 10gms so far vs 6g in 23gms last year. He was doing a darn good impression of Gallagher-lite last year, but just not getting his nose dirty this year, is it just a confidence issue?

I've wondered the same thing. I guess last year's Carr wasn't the real Carr? More of a rookie giving everything he had to make the club - ?

9 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

His skating is terrible; not Louis Leblanc terrible, but it's not pretty  

But, last year he would be drawing penalties, taking punches to the face, be all around the net. But agree he isn't the slickest of skaters.

Frickin Hudon gets his chance, has very smart assist in his last game and someone (did they say who?) then takes him out with high shot at practice, tough luck.

42 minutes ago, DON said:

Its OK.

I find his playing style somewhat similar to last year to be honest.  The difference is last year he was mostly on the 2nd/3rd line with all of the injuries with a bit of PP time while this season he has predominantly been a fourth line checker (and he's not exactly qualified for that role).

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I find his playing style somewhat similar to last year to be honest.  The difference is last year he was mostly on the 2nd/3rd line with all of the injuries with a bit of PP time while this season he has predominantly been a fourth line checker (and he's not exactly qualified for that role).

Yes very true, sometimes it is not the players fault. The coach puts him in a spot he is not suited for and he looks bad. That is not a shot at Le Genius, every coach gets into that situation at times.